Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mid_egf22
#355262 Is anybody on this site familiar with or have personal experience with phenolic thermal intake gaskets and what type of phenolic to use for a DIY intake manifold gasket. Need something impervious to oil and gasoline? Mainly looking for people with personal experience on an exact type of phenolic or someone with harcore data on the types to use?
By teal_dx
#355351 Not sure how I'm just now seeing this thread... Amazing work man! :thumb: :thumb:
I love seeing custom fabrication and builds where there is no turning back. :woot:
By Civic_HatchSI
#356172 This is absolutely amazing! I have never seen this done on a EG before, great work buddy!
By iLLson
#356173 how much time and $ have you invested in the manifold?

looks like the spoolin performance manifold i have

By mid_egf22
#357571 Thx for the kind replies guys.

The manifold took 6-7 total man hours and cost me less than $100 to build. Bends where only $5 a piece. The collector only cost $4 per foot of pipe. Used 4 foot of it. Sadly only needed 3" per 1ft. The flange I got from old DC headers purchased for $15. Made my own t3 flange etc etc. But I decided not to go with the mini Ram. I mad ram horn for $150. Spools my gt3071r at 2.5k rpms and 7psi by 2.9k in 4th. 7psi at 3.1k in third and this is on a new 2.25" exhaust. Very great spool but mines was a true equal length. +/- 0.50". Even some big name turbo manifold manuf. Aren't true equal lengths. Their 2+3 runners are about 3" longer than 1+4
By teal_dx
#357890 I think when it's all done, the rear could easily look like a giant custom subwoofer box. 8)

You make a mid engine RWD swap look easy :thumb: but I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Subscribed!