Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Y7civic
#354978 Aloha I stumbled across your forums and loved the information provided. Awesome job!! I bought my son his first car he can't legally drive yet, but soon he will be able to drive. I bought a used 1995 civic dx for a $1000 has some parts installed already.

Some parts we either sold or tossed it in the trash. Car came with dr20's with good tires replica front and rear lip kit. Ek side skirts gsr leather seats. Ebay sleeve coilovers red and clear tail lamps. Engine was swapped for a d16y7 by previous owner.

I already started working on the car and I never ever did a build thread before. I just wanted to build something for my son. I am by no means an automotive guru, but I repaired and maintained tactical vehicles when I was in the military. The project has already started and I will try to work on it when I can. I am disabled and lost mobility in my leg so it's a challenging working on the car for me, however I won't let that stop me from my goal.

I won't have pictures in the beginning of the build, because I didn't think to take photos prior. I will try to update as often as possible this car started to evolve on its own. My son is excited and choose and engine bay color. I wanted a more neutral color, but it's his car and I want him to be happy.
By Y7civic
#354979 Here is a pic of the car said I needed a minimum of 1 post before I could post a photo.

By Loaf31
#354980 Looks awesome! Great start :thumb:
Keep the updates coming!
By Y7civic
#355006 Thank you for the warm welcome Drive-it-Hard and Loaf31.

Here is some shots of the engine bay pulled the engine and started painting.

By Y7civic
#355071 Here is the color my son choose finished painting the bay.

I rerouted the wire harness for the head lights to run on along the outside of the bay between the fender. Not shwon in this pic.

By JohnRM
#355075 Welcome to the forum! I'm happy to see a father-son project!

-John
By Y7civic
#355077 Thank you John my son is excited about the whole project.
By Driv-it-hard
#355086 My son's likes the color as well. I showed him this morning .
He wants me to change the color of mine .
:shock:
By Y7civic
Driv-it-hard wrote:My son's likes the color as well. I showed him this morning .
He wants me to change the color of mine .
:shock:

Thank you the color is starting to grow on me lol. On the other hand if you decide to go down that road again. it was a rattle can paint job.

Image :thumb:
By Loaf31
#355108 That's an incredible rattle can paintjob :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
you've got mad skills, dude. keep it up! :thumb:
By Y7civic
Loaf31 wrote:That's an incredible rattle can paintjob :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
you've got mad skills, dude. keep it up! :thumb:

Thanks
By Y7civic
#355153 I found an d16y8 vtec cylinder head for $60 so I decided to take apart the engine. I painted the engine with gloss black engine enamel paint. I bought Ferrea 5000 series flat face valves and arp head studs. One of the valves were bent on the head. I got the head cleaned, and got a competition valve grind. Also installed new rear main, cam, and crank seals. I also bought New timing belt and water pump. Man this starting to turn into a money pit.

By stubrun
#355217 Great progress so far, your son ius a lucky guy to have e that as his first car|!