Post YOUR Hatchback here
By phoc
#354202 Hi All,

I believe this will be my first post of many here.
I have always wanted to own a Honda. Didn't matter which, to be honest.
I was looking for a newer model, but this EG appeared from no where. I contacted the seller and requested to see the car. It was love on first sight. I knew it had a few things to be done, but at that time I thought that it would be worth it.

This is the first pic I took when I got the car

This is a Honda Civic VTI 1600cc 160hp 93/93 b16a2 DOHC VTEC

It has forged pistons (flat) and con-rod. Previous owner was preparing it to receive a turbo, but never got to that point.

First day after I actually bought the car the 3rd gear started "scratching".
Second day the 5th gear started doing the same thing...
Third day the 4th...

At that point I thought... Oh f...

So I went to a mechanic in order to change the transmission oil, I thought that it could only help the actual situation...

When the mechanic drained the old tranny oil guess... THERE WAS NO OIL. :x

The old owner had replaced the gearbox and his mechanic freaking forgot to add oil to the transmission.. oh well...

This car is pretty rare around here, so it's parts are very expensive. I should've thought about that before buying it :roll:

Oh well.. Now I need to replace the tranny as soon as possible, spending as little as possible. Sounds like a challenge. I'll keep you posted about my saga! ^^
By FlopUrDonk
#354205 Well if u spent the money to fix it. Might as well build it!!!n :thumb:
By ktang
#354206 Maybe you will be lucky, and not need a new transmission for a while. Maybe you just needed to fill the transmission oil, and all will be fine.
By phoc
#354208 Hey Guys!

Unfortunately the oil did not help. But at least now I now that it will not get worse...

Sometimes a thought of "Just put it for sale and get what you spent before it's too late" comes to mind, but a few minutes later I'm checking this forum and thinking about the next upgrade ^^'

I had another issue a few days later, the speedometer started acting all crazy... I searched the web and found how to pull the code from the ECU using the Jumper, then found a list of codes and BAM! the VSS was malfunctioning.

After replacing it the speedometer came back to normal.

A few pics after washing and cleaning it

By teal_dx
#354210 Every old car will have its bugs to work out. The VSS is not unusual to go bad on these cars. It's really unfortunate about no oil in the tranny though :(
You could rebuild yourself (there are some How-to's on this forum) but the new gear sets from Honda are more $ than an entire used transmission (at least around here).
The car looks great and I love the color :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
#354212 Chuck it up for experience .
No you can dive into the car and make it your own.

Like Teal said, do it your self and you will get r done.
Best of luck.
By phoc
teal_dx wrote:Every old car will have its bugs to work out. The VSS is not unusual to go bad on these cars. It's really unfortunate about no oil in the tranny though :(
You could rebuild yourself (there are some How-to's on this forum) but the new gear sets from Honda are more $ than an entire used transmission (at least around here).
The car looks great and I love the color :thumb:

Thanks teal!

Unfortunately Brazil doesn't have any manufacturer of gear sets.. I would have to import them, and if it's expensive for you, imagine bringing it to here and having to pay the actual price plus 80%+ of taxes to the government..

I think that even thought it is still scratching the gears, it'll hold up for a while. Until then i'll keep looking around to see if I can find an used transmission.
By phoc
#354228 So, at that point I forgot a little bit about the transmission and started focusing on the freaking interior noises that made me crazy. I tried finding one by one, but they were just too many. Whatever, I dismantled the whole interior (except the main console) and sound deadened it.

This is me and my daughter working and my Son supervising ^^ (She got her first finger cut that day =X)

Needless to say that it seems like another car. I feel like riding in a 2010 Civic now.. To me it doesn't really matter the weight, but some comfort is always nice.
By Driv-it-hard
#354231 Nice job on the sound deadening.
:shock: What about the 2 computer speakers in the door ? :?
:thumb:
Little by little.
Great work.
By phoc
Driv-it-hard wrote:Nice job on the sound deadening.
Little by little.
Great work.

I was hoping you wouldn't see that :roll:

I had to improvise for a while, but already bought a Bravox kit and replaced it ^^

But you know, those were pioneer speakers from a Home Theater, and god damn they play well...
By teal_dx
#354238 Your interior design is so much nicer than the stripped down one we got here in the US:
(edit: that pic is RHD, other countries must have had the cheap interior as well)

It's good to see your kids involved. My daughter is just getting old enough to help me :thumb:
By phoc
teal_dx wrote:Your interior design is so much nicer than the stripped down one we got here in the US:
(edit: that pic is RHD, other countries must have had the cheap interior as well)

It's good to see your kids involved. My daughter is just getting old enough to help me :thumb:

Wow it's definitely different!

To begin with we dont have that 3rd brake light.
One thing that I wish hatch civics had here is the support for the interior panel over the trunk (I don't know what it is called).

We also have two compartments for storing things over the back towers.

^ Not mine
By Driv-it-hard
phoc wrote:
Driv-it-hard wrote:Nice job on the sound deadening.
Little by little.
Great work.

I was hoping you wouldn't see that :roll:

I had to improvise for a while, but already bought a Bravox kit and replaced it ^^

But you know, those were pioneer speakers from a Home Theater, and god damn they play well...

No worries , I have had worse in early days.
Hell, I've had a boombox in the back seat when I got my first car when the radio got stolen.
Radioshack, power inverter and I was set. I was ready to roll.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By phoc
#354259 So, today I had a few other disappointments with the car.

The VTEC solenoid stopped working, thank god it was just a cable rupture, not fixed yet, will need a little time to repair it.

Also this hose have also ruptured and I had an overheating... (by the way, if any of you guys can buy this part and send to Brazil I would highly appreciate it. As I said parts for this car here are either very expensive or nonexistent.)

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/ho ... 3-000.html

To finish the day something around the rear right shock absorber went loose. I can't find what but it's definitely big because of the sound it does when it hits the body.

A few pics just to ease my mind and share this car with you guys.

By teal_dx
phoc wrote:Also this hose have also ruptured and I had an overheating... (by the way, if any of you guys can buy this part and send to Brazil I would highly appreciate it. As I said parts for this car here are either very expensive or nonexistent.)

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/ho ... 3-000.html

Here you go:
This ebay seller has one and ships to Brazil :)
www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-HONDA-OEM-19507- ... 1357339476