Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Eg Trojan
#353702 Hello guys, i finally got my hands on my dream hatch. It has alot done to it already, and honestly alot im not even sure about lol. I just wanted to introduce myself and explain all that i know, and hopefully you guys can also help me figure out what it has. The guy i bought it from was very vague.

By Eg Trojan
#353755 Im having a slight clutch fluid leak, and im not sure where its coming from, but over time im losing it slowly,and actually lost all my pressure and my clutch wouldnt disengage and i had to bleed it all out and refill it. Any idea/ common issue knowledge anyone have? and also my car idles low randomly and tries to die, and sometimes it does.
By mshardee
#353759 Check your clutch master cylinder. Inside car see if fluid is on the rod the attaches to clutch pedal. I have seen many leak inside and never see any fluid out side of car. This is a qiuck check.
By Eg Trojan
#353774 Actually there is a slight leak inside the car, its around the hydraulic part of the clutch. But the fluid is black and dirty. What should i do to fix the problem? Also the outside of the clutch cylinder is bone dry, but around the clutch fluid drain ( front of the engine, where it says its coded name) theres clear fluid on it. So it's kind of weird
By Civic Savior
#353777 Take a look at the slave cylinder. Front (core support) side of tranny. Had this problem in my hatch. Slave was leaking fluid all over the front of the motor and trans and had no clutch pedal pressure. Cheap fix too, about $15 at o'reilly. Hope this helps :thumb:
By Eg Trojan
#353783 Thats actually exactly the problem im having, you might have just nailed the problem for me! Thanks man ill look in to it
By mshardee
#353815 All fluid will leak out and you can refill it. It may pump back up but not for long. Replace the master cylinder and slave outside. It may not be leaking now but will most likely go out after replacing the master cylinder. Then you have to bleed system all over again instead of once.
By Eg Trojan
#353826 Well it doesnt seem to be leaking now, but what ive noticed is a oil leak, slow but steady somewhere in the distributor cap area. My buddy who owns a 2000 si said his engine did the same thing, and that its kind of a common honda issue. And i noticed that theres gasket glue already there too. Any ideas or input from you guys ?
By FlopUrDonk
#353827 If it's coming from your dizzy check the o ring. Most likely the culprit. Check your cam seals and valve cover gasket too.
By Eg Trojan
#353831 is a dizzy the distributor?
By mshardee
#353832 There is a oring that leaks at the distributor shaft and leaks down the side of the engine. If it's in side the cap it is coming from the lip seal at bottom of distributor. This seal is replaceable if you can find seal. Most dealers will not sale the seal.
By Eg Trojan
#353839 Okay thanks for the help guys, hopefully this helps!
By HeikDiesel
#353842 CX? Good looking hatch.
By Eg Trojan
#353846 Yeah its a cx, and thanks! it runs well and looks great. Just giving it a good tune up and fixing some issues. Maintenance comes first!
By Eg Trojan
#354185 Having an issue with the check engine light, ive got a P08 and im throwing a code 22 which is vtec pressure sensor. Question is why? its hooked up right, this ecu shouldnt even be detecting it. Its a jdm ecu. Its not chipped. Ive researched alot and have found no answers. Any ideas?