Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Motul_EG
#359017 I've heard its the torque that snaps and bends the rods first. I read it was about 280 lbs/ft which is close to about 220hp before things start going wrong. I think I'm personally going to be at around 180hp just to be on the safe side.
By iLLson
#359018 Yeah. I heard a lot of things. But majority days 220whp max. If that's the max, I'm not even going to try to max out lol. Safe than sorry.

Btw...

Started today. Gunna try to finish tomorrow

By iLLson
#359045 Finished the install. I have a appointment for tune tomorrow morning. I hope all goes well.

I'm not power hungry so I will be happy with 175whp.
By TrailerTrash
EconoBox wrote:We need a video of it on the dyno and/or some street pulls to hear it!!!

Looks like it will be a lot of fun though.

this

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By iLLson
#359069 My day...dyno time

https://youtu.be/nxUVinbjdX4

^^VID^^

this is still a budget build.
turbo setup was purchased with a low budget
i have around $160.00 in the turbo setup and thats including the dyno tuning :D

ill find some time to do some ripper vids soon
By iLLson
#359084 SOOOOO...

i had a previous post stating that i can not go over 5500 rpm.
during my dyno session, the tuner said that my rpm is reading 1k low at redline....
so that means that my 5500rpm was really at 6500.

i had my tuner make the limiter at 6600 rpm because the power starts to fall off at 6600 rpm. (no point in revving higher when its not making power)

my question now is....

can the speed sensor mess with my RPMs like that? or is it 100% cluster problem
By Driv-it-hard
iLLson wrote:SOOOOO...

i had a previous post stating that i can not go over 5500 rpm.
during my dyno session, the tuner said that my rpm is reading 1k low at redline....
so that means that my 5500rpm was really at 6500.

i had my tuner make the limiter at 6600 rpm because the power starts to fall off at 6600 rpm. (no point in revving higher when its not making power)

my question now is....

can the speed sensor mess with my RPMs like that? or is it 100% cluster problem

Ill,
Looking at the schematic on the Haynes, The wiring signal is going from the tack to the Dizzy. It receives power from other things on the cluster. Do you have a spare RPM gauge that you can pop in to replace the one in the cluster ? You might just have a bad resister in the cluster. If you have a ohm meter, you can check the resister in the cluster. You'll need to get the color code off of it and check with the scale. Let us know.
By iLLson
#359088 Well. I'm going to be doing some maintenence soon anyways. Oem cap/rotor, oil, filter, wires. Let's see what happens after maintenance.

And here's a pic for u guys.

Instagram filter life...

By iLLson
#359124 Switched steering wheel setup

I had a non srs itr wheel on. Loved the fact that it was oem...but the size of the wheel didn't feel right...especially with the quick release.

So now I'm using a momo tuner 320 mm wheel. Here are some pics for comparison