Post YOUR Hatchback here
By TrailerTrash
#358016 coming along very nicely! sounds pretty good in the video :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By FlopUrDonk
TrailerTrash wrote:coming along very nicely! sounds pretty good in the video :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

That exhaust is breaking in nicely just loud as hell. Definitely turns heads when I'm all up in that V.

So I've thought long and hard about where I want to go with this car. My dream is to go K but I'm going back to grad school in spring. Time and budget just do not permit me to even try a K swap. So..... I got a phone call from a buddy a few weeks back with an offer I just couldn't refuse. Didn't want to boost my b but...

Plus I already have a K...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9qacEcWTU

Thats just the IC for now. Photo bucket is being dumb right now. There's a big rainstorm coming into SD so I probably won't start till next weekend. Gotta a vacation to that week. This is a new venture for me. I've never installed a turbo myself just seen it done first hand. Good thing is I have a couple buddy's who can weld so that should be a big help. Still very ... i don't know excited and nervous at the same time. Gonna take my time and make sure every detail is double checked. The friend who helped with the swap said if I can swap an engine, change a clutch, pull a head, upon all the other crap I've gone through with this car, pretty confident I can accomplish this task. RC 550 injectors just came in the mail yesterday. tial 38mm wastegate should be here at some point this week as well. My LSD tranny should be here tonight sometime. ALL THESE PARTS!! :weee:

That's it for now. See you in a week or so.
By FlopUrDonk
#358779 Sorry for not posting guys been lurking. Been busy as a mehfucka you guys understand. Anyways...

Upon returning from getting studs for the turbo my tach and speedo started going crazy then my car shutoff. Same symptoms. I took the wire harness off and saw the same ground wire was hacked and fukd. I already bought the stock harness a while back so Ima have my homie (certified mechanic) install it at his shop. I'm so sick of the harness issue and I'm sure I'm just making it worse so yeah... Went to the shop to talk to them today and the dude who has helped me before I kid u not without knowing why I went asked me if I brought the stock harness. Lol. And last my eBay radiator finally busted so gonna order a mishimoto when I shop the car.

I just wanna drive her at this point. I hate wires. Haha.
By Driv-it-hard
FlopUrDonk wrote:Sorry for not posting guys been lurking. Been busy as a mehfucka you guys understand. Anyways...

Upon returning from getting studs for the turbo my tach and speedo started going crazy then my car shutoff. Same symptoms. I took the wire harness off and saw the same ground wire was hacked and fukd. I already bought the stock harness a while back so Ima have my homie (certified mechanic) install it at his shop. I'm so sick of the harness issue and I'm sure I'm just making it worse so yeah... Went to the shop to talk to them today and the dude who has helped me before I kid u not without knowing why I went asked me if I brought the stock harness. Lol. And last my eBay radiator finally busted so gonna order a mishimoto when I shop the car.

I just wanna drive her at this point. I hate wires. Haha.

Flop,
Take your time. I am frustrated all the time about not driving my car every day. Still in the works. Be patient. Get the wiring fixed and resolved. That I good that you have someone that like the wiring. That shit will drive you crazy. [smilie=BangHead.gif] When I pull the engine on mine to get it sprayed, I pulled the wiring and cleaned it all up and did my small tuck in the engine bay.
Slow and Steady !
By FlopUrDonk
#358793 Thanks man. Yea it seems with 2 jobs and grad school I have very little free time for anything. When i do work on the electrical issue I feel like I've gotten absolutely nowhere. And it absolutely frustrates me. And I tend to be pretty calm. Haha. Pulled the harness 5 times. Pulled the dash twice. Finally I cut the covering off the wires and saw some shady ass stuff. The biggest reason I'm taking it to the shop is I just don't have time until summer to touch the car. and I wanna daily it for a while to keep the miles off the si which just hit 10k yesterday.

With 10 million things going on in your life at one time unfortunately your personal pleasure time can be affected a bit but I'm preaching to the choir. Rest assured though I'm not selling the car ever!!! I'll be back when it's running maybe post some race vids. I can't fukn wait till summer. :x
By Driv-it-hard
#358798 That sounds like a plan. Keep us in tune and don't loose focus on the cars.

It's good to hear about someone try very hard to better them selves and also trying to juggle a life with everything going on.
I take my hat off to you sir. Please be well.
By FlopUrDonk
#358822 ^^^ Thanks man. Ur badass. Yea a full schedule can be a bit daunting. It's been months since I've fallen asleep without turning my alarm on. Haha. But hopefully the ends will justify the means.

Well on a good note. I got the car running today. i saw that one of the wires in the shock tower was lose so I re stripped it and put that sucker back in. Didn't check a diagram for what wire but I figured the same ground as before. To be honest I can't remember. Fired right up. ( Hmm sounds familiar :lol: ) but I'm still popping random codes. Drove it straight to the shop. Sweatin haha. when I got to the shop the car started sputtering then died. :? We'll see. I'll update when they tell me.
By Driv-it-hard
#358823 After the storm is always clear. Keep pushing for greatness and NO ONE CAN STOP YOU.. Rest is for the week . Keep pushing and you'll see the light at the end...
Be well !
By suspendedHatch
#358888 Wires are nothing to get nervous about. If it was a hose, you'd trace it from the source to the end. See if there are any leaks. Wires are no different.
I have been comfortable with Honda wiring for 14 years. Let me know if I can help.
By Ronnie V
#358891 Sup guys. Guess who's back.

Suspended I keep forgetting u live near me. Dammit. So what do u want the good or the bad news. Well it's good to drive her. Man I forgot what it's like to be all up in that jdm v. Good news, and I'm knocking on wood, is all the wiring seems to be working. I mean I checked every thing and it ircks me to hear what was wrong. I think my frustration got the better of me and made me overlook the simple things. Life lesson learned. Anyways if it starts acting up again Ima give my good friend suspended a call and put in the stock harness.

My throw out bearing is going bad and I think it's causing my clutch to engage wierd. I have to burn the clutch a bit so it doesn't engage wierd into first or reverse. Also making the typical clutch out clutch in sound. I want a stage 2 for when I boost it so I guess it's time to pull the tranny soon. I know there's a slight vacuum leak coming from my im so Ima pull it and apply HB. Besides that I think Ima run her as is until this summer when I'm outta school and start getting down to business.

Oh yea. New name. This is somewhat of my real online name. but I had some good laughs seeing u guys call me flop! Be well. :headbang:
By Ronnie V
#359463 Pulled the engine yesterday. There's a bolt that snapped off in the blocks engine mount screw insert. That should be a blast to get out. I also have to see if there's any damage to the cam gears and also the tranny. I really hope not cause if that's the case I won't be able to work on it for a lil bit. Or maybe I'll finally get a stroke of luck and it'll be ready to drop back in.

By Ronnie V
#359492 Here's the inserts of the mount. Gonna be funnnnnn!!!!!!

After that it's seeing if the cam gears are alright. Hopefully there's no more damage :? And the engine can go back in.