Post YOUR Hatchback here
By suspendedHatch
#353381 I'll be swapping a B18C1 into my VX in a couple weeks after I've moved back to SD. Are you planning to detail out the process of getting it BAR'd? Does your exhaust place do mandrel bends... that's a long shot but I'll be needing an exhaust done and I've been gone so long that I don't know any reputable places.

They're going to require either the stock GSR intake or a 50 state legal one. I wish there was a clean way to use the stock one or an intake hose swapped from another car to the single cam box or a B16 box. I'd really rather not get an AEM.
By FlopUrDonk
#353384 Thanks ill. I'll take care of all the appearance stuff when I'm happy with the engine. But I completely agree.

I wasn't planning on documenting it but I plan on getting it bar'd end of June. I have a stock Gsr air box in my garage. Have done a complete tune up on the car. Cleared all my codes except for the knock. Which I have. Only thing left is to get an exhaust made. I'm up in north county so I go to either Lyons in San Marcos or joors in Escondido. Both great shops but in my opinion Lyons is the best. And yea they do mandrel bends not sure about joor. But it does work in my favor that my buddy runs a smog shop so he'll help me out as well.
Good to hear ur coming back to SD. I always did.

Edit: after debating and yelling with my buddy not sure if they mandrel.
By FlopUrDonk
#353387 Found the video. 3/4 v tec kicked funneled into a VX exhaust.

Video deleted from YouTube.
Last edited by FlopUrDonk on Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlopUrDonk
#353500 Finally got around to installing the header. Also got a skunk2 IM. Off to the muff shop.

By FlopUrDonk
#353522 So I ended up taking my car to Leo at joor to do my exhaust. He's done good work for me before. Went with the magnaflow tip 2.5" all the way. I'm am very pleased. Not loud with a low growl until I get on it. The vtec kick is something else now. Next is the IM which I should be able to put on on wens. Then it's on to some head work. I have a b16 head in my garage so trying to figure out what route I wanna go. But that's gonna cost some major g bombs so I'll take this step nice and slow. Saw suspended hatch changed his location to Escondido. :hehe:

By FlopUrDonk
#353907 So she is going in the garage for a couple weeks. On 2 week vacation so finally getting time to install the IM and get it tuned. Sorted most everything out only code I'm throwing is knock so I'll change it out when I do the mani install. This car is way to much fun. I can't wait to get her running with a tune as she is already a beast. Been doing a ton of weight reduction. Well as much as I can on a vx but without rear interior no ps and ac... I'll post pics of the install but first. Hawaii :hehe:

By Loaf31
#353908 Lookin' real good, man! :thumb: keep it up!
By FlopUrDonk
#353920 Thanks man. She's been a real bitch but everything is coming together quite nicely. After I get her tuned I'll start on some cosmetic stuff. Can't wait to strap the gold asr subframe with the sway. Should ad some nice bling along with some handling then off to auto x. 8) oh yeah. Picked up some rear discs so they should be added soon. Thanks for the visit.

I miss her already!!!!!!!

By FlopUrDonk
#354004 Back from the islands. Time to get some work done. Finally can install my sway cause this arrived.

By FlopUrDonk
#354021 So of course I lost the hardware for my sway bar so ima have to piece something together at HD. But for now it's just a cosmetic piece.

By Driv-it-hard
#354023 The rear end looks really good.
I have those same LCA on mine.
check out there swaybar links.
Got them from Corsport USA>

By FlopUrDonk
#354026 Thanks man. I already have the end links just lost the brackets to hold the bar to the subframe. :? And see those 4 holes. Yea those are impossible to adjust so the holes will line up so I have to re install it. lol. Oh well. Lesson learned.
By FlopUrDonk
#354075 Got her put back together. Complete full tune up. I mean injectors, belts and water pump even. Also did a valve adjustment. Gonna get my p72 back tomorrow so can't wait to mess with the software. As for the IM I keep talking about. I took all the lines off but gave up trying to get the bottom center bolt. Lol. Was a few beers deep do will continue the install once I get consecutive days off. Gonna go for a smog on Monday so cross ur fingers. Just happy she's running great and looking oh so gorgeous. White hatchy's FTW!!!

By FlopUrDonk
#354227 Got her some new shoes today. I'll take better pics when the suns out tomorrow. Sits perfect with no rub. 15x7's. Grips waaaaayyy better.