Post YOUR Hatchback here
By FlopUrDonk
#354287 So took my whip for her first longish trip drive. Boy was I nervous. Santa Barbara and bank to sd. At night takes 3 1/2 hours to get there and coming back on the 405 and 5 on a Saturday any so cal resident knows doubles that time. She preformed flawlessly. Was so stoked installed this today. I know it's for looks but I swear my vtec cracks harder. Also installed a new solenoid gasket too.

Here's my next problem though!

Noticed my car lagging at full throttle. Like something was holding it back. If I didn't push the throttle all the way down it felt like normal acceleration. Only thing I could think of was tps. Sure enough at closed throttle the meter read at .57. The one that came with the car was broken and I replaced it when I cleaned the throttle body and other stuff on the im out, and thought I saw .47 instead of .57. Long story short I can't move the tps over anymore and it's stuck at .57. I got the sensor at autozone. My question is can I take a Dremel and extend the screw slots on the tps so I can move it over a little more to hit the right calibration or should I just get an oem tps. Thing is it's not throwing the tps cel. :? Any suggestions would be righteous.
By FlopUrDonk
#354292 Aahhshit.

By the way. Took that junk 2 solenoid off after a day. Don't buy that fukn thing.
By FlopUrDonk
#354753 Wow. So the knock sensor was a fun venture. Was popping #23. Went to replace the sensor and notice dude didn't wire the knock into the harness. Ran a shielded wire to the ecu. Replaced with a new sensor (old one was broken) and car is running great and no more codes. Trust me. My knuckles are scarred. I'm mentally exhausted. Holy shit was that hard. But no more codes!!!!!!!

Oh yea. My car was running rich when I tried to smog it so replaced the O2. Gonna try tomorrow. I'll let u guys know.
By Loaf31
#354755 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Keep up the good work! Keep them updates flowin'!
By FlopUrDonk
#354764 Thanks man. But I think she's gonna stay as is for a while. All my attention is going to be in moving this next month. But I'm glad how she's come along. A beast little car with decent gas mileage. Overall very happy.
By FlopUrDonk
#355104 I've been running really rich. Check sensors and for vacuum leaks. Nothing. Only. Thing I can think of at this point is my fuel pump is putting out way to much pressure. So Ima install this tomorrow. I'll show pics when done.

By FlopUrDonk
#355125 Def ads some bling

By FlopUrDonk
#355170 Image

The new whip. Now it's time to build a fukn beast hatchy
By FlopUrDonk
#355624 Got her back running. That new si is to much fun. Put the stock rims on for a bit. Got some big brakes so these won't fit for much longer. :( gonna keep for slicks or ..... Don't know lol. Here she is.

With these wheels on she doesn't grip. Till 3rd.
:headbang:
By FlopUrDonk
#355815 I passed smog no problem today. Here's what I went in with....
Jdm b18c
Rmf rep headers
Custom 3" intake with k&n cone
Arm fuel rail and fpr set at factory pressure
Custom 2.5" exhaust with cat
Chipped p28
Wally 255

No retard of timing no funny business just warmed up the cat

Wanna know why it wasn't passing and running rich as hell. Bad ecu. Took off the Jdm p72 and now my car is running wayyyyyyy better. No idle issues no rotten egg smell. I'm so stoked!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
Gonna put the IM and tb on and I think it's time for a tune!
By FlopUrDonk
#355818 You can see the burnt circuit? At the tip of my screwdriver and thumb. Is this something I can vacuum out and re sauter. Or is it something best left to the pros. I've wired a fair amount of guitars in my life. Lol. Problems are erratic low idle that'll start at 300 and work its way up to 650 rpm. Runs insanely rich like something is telling it to dump fuel in it when it doesn't need it. We ran it lean and the ppm slowing worked its way back up.