Post YOUR Hatchback here
By FlopUrDonk
#356205 This is about as much as I'm gonna gut it. All that's left is the hatch, rear side panels and head board but seeing how the car is ripping everything right now I think I'm done. For now. Going on vacay type r cable and bracket should be in by the time I get back. Once that's installed tune and I'm done. Well. Until I have enough for an lsd....

Maybe turbo sometime next year but was considering spraying.
By suspendedHatch
#356536 You can remove that EGR control box from the firewall. Only the VX/D15Z1 uses it. I wouldn't mind having an extra if you're going to toss it.
You're near me. We should meet up, compare projects.
By FlopUrDonk
#356567 Had time today and painted a spare set of roof moldings i had laying around. Used the die grinder to get the paint and some rust off.

Sanded down compared to what was on my car.

The one I messed up on on top. I gave them a few more coats.

On the car.

Now I need to do the window trim. Also bought black plasti dip to do the front bumper grill and fog holes. Maybe do that tomorrow.
By FlopUrDonk
suspendedHatch wrote:You can remove that EGR control box from the firewall. Only the VX/D15Z1 uses it. I wouldn't mind having an extra if you're going to toss it.
You're near me. We should meet up, compare projects.

Pulled it off. I'm busy till next weekend but it yours. Or if you have a driver side fog light for trade?.?.?.? . I'm installing my pro series mani next friday so the car might be outta commish till that sat but let me know whats best for you.
By FlopUrDonk
#356682 So got bored today and one thing led to the next. thank goodness for swivel head ratchets and extensions.

Put the egr back on SH. My buddy was trying to jack it so i told him i needed it. lol

Gonna swap everything over within the next couple days just bolted up for pics.

Lost about a pint of blood through my knuckles. :thumbdown:
By FlopUrDonk
#357254 Anyone looking for the type r fuel rail post part #....

Installed

I had a coolant leak which i found and fixed pretty easily. Pretty un eventful install. holy smokes though was it worth it the car is completely different as far as power. Throwing knock code again. But doesn't seem to be retarding the timing. But I'm so over my knock adventures I'm thinking of just disabling it. Overall I'm happy with the car at this point i'm gonna enjoy it for a bit then time to pull the engine and start some body work and paint.

Busted out the old accord in the backdrop. just hit 300k!!! :headbang:
By suspendedHatch
FlopUrDonk wrote:Pulled it off. I'm busy till next weekend but it yours. Or if you have a driver side fog light for trade?.?.?.? . I'm installing my pro series mani next friday so the car might be outta commish till that sat but let me know whats best for you.

Shit, didn't see your post until now. Only fogs I have are some I pulled off my 88 CRX. Lens caps are all busted. They're huge and no good for EGs I'm sure. I have tons of random shit laying around that I'm always giving away heh. Neat shit but nothing that will get your panties wet.

I'm leaving for all of Nov to learn how to rebuild transmissions from my brother. When I get back I'm going to GSR swap my hatch. We should hang out then. I want to try troubleshooting your KNK issue.
By FlopUrDonk
#357417 Let me know when get back. Would love to pick ur mind as far as the next step for the car. And if u need anything for the swap let me know. I have a ton of spare parts.
By FlopUrDonk
#357447 Thanks man!!

So I made the switch. Also switched to synchromesh.

By FlopUrDonk
#357942 Some updates.

IM gasket was leaking so I replaced it with a hondata thermal. Let me tell you right now. I rather take the intake mani of 20 times then have to get that gasket off again. 30 mins to remove the intake mani about 12 hours to get the gasket off. In the end ended up using a carbide scraper and some gasket remover and let it soak for 24 hours. No bueno. :thumbdown: Also had to ad extended studs. Actually really easy.

All done!

Oh yea. Also got some new rims. Took them off since el nino is in full effect down here.

My buddy is going to tahoe tomorrow and is going to pick me up a type r tranny from a friend in Reno. 4.7 final drive I can't wait. Unfortunately he won't be back till the week after new years.
By FlopUrDonk
#357952 Lil uphill pull for you all. Drove it around a bit the night before but didn't really get on it. Thought I'd share the first hard pull since she was put back together with you guys. Christmas morning about 5am headed to work. Love that holiday pay. it was 29 degrees out which is abnormally low so i think the car with the cold air intake was loving it. Enjoy and let me know what u think. :headbang:

https://youtu.be/SdMzxhCiwP4
By Gustavo
#358002 Just read your thread. Props on everything you have done so far. :thumb: Reminds me of my old hatch I had. It was one thing after the other. Looking forward to seeing the next updates. :thumb: