Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Josh721
#351605 Alright guys, my name is Joshua Fisher and I wasn't to sure if I was going to make a build thread. I've been building Hondas on and off for about 8 years now, and I always get really deep into the build and kinda not focus on anything else.
A few of my previous cars were an 02 rsx s with :
Kelford cams
Rbc intake manifold
Aem Sri
Buddy club header
Tanabe exhaust
Kpro
And dropped on springs
The other car I had was a 92 Integra with :
B18c1 swap
All suspension sand blasted and powder coated
Skunk 2 coilover and camber kits
Skunk2 intake mani
Avid racing mounts and traction bar
Enkei evo wrc Tarmac wheels.
And well, I've had to sell the cars over bad situations that have happened to them or myself.
So I've been trolling around for the last few weeks doing a few things to my hatch. I picked it up 2 weeks ago for $1000 and its a little rough on the outside but I'm going to take a completely different approach to this car then I have the last few, a lot more simple, and CHEAPER. Lol you all seem like a good crowd who isn't going to flame me for not buying a set of $2000 coilovers. Lol
So this car is not going to hit he track at all and is strictly a daily. Just want something fun to drive and work on.
I put a kenwood deck in, with kicker 2 way in the rear. Missing the front speaker bracket on driver side which I piced up Monday from a junk yard. Gonna go with kicker in the front as well.
I have Truhart shocks and struts on the way with D2 lowering springs to accompany them. Then going to decide on some wheels soon after I see how the drop sits
By Civic_HatchSI
#351618 Welcome to the forum, looks to be a great project car. $1000 bucks is defiantly a good buy, keep us posted with your mods :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#351628 welcome dude!

thats a steal for 1k 8)
By Josh721
#351632 Thanks guys! Yeah it was a good price, the body is pretty shaky , but it runs great, and no leaks. Completely stock too.

Threw some kickers in the rear. Got the speaker mount for my driver front door, so hopefully next week I'll get the new speakers in the front.

My springs came in today, so hopefully my shocks will be in soon and I can put them on sometime next week. Ordered some strut mount bushings to replace the old ones, but not sure if they got me the correct part. They're really small.
By Josh721
#351663 Image
Got the truhart shocks in, now I'm just waiting on the springs! :)
By CNeto
#352110 Now is take care of him buddy :wink:
By Josh721
#352521 So put the front shocks and struts on. Ended up going with the Tein S tech springs.

Going to do the rear tomorrow, the car rides insanely better, really comfortable. I've had tein springs on a previous rsx with I believe were stock shocks/ struts and it rode awful.

Only thing I'm questioning now is spring settle time
The driver side seems to be coming down faster, any insight?
By Josh721
#352613 So I got the rear on last Wednesday, and the car rides pretty great. No more squeaky sprinfs! :thumb: I'm pretty happy with the height as well, I think it will look better once I get 15's on there soon

I have some spoon style mirrors on the way, and need to put on a new hood latch and cable this week. Also may get a new hood!
By Josh721
#352700 So another update, in the fire pictures I posted, the hood never shut right, even though it was patched down. A few weeks back I replaced the driver side headlight. And I guess when I pulled the latch release, the release cable snapped :P so I ordered a new patch and cable. The latcht that was on the car had been cut to try to make work I guess from hole to hole. The things people do :P

So once I got the bumper off I found this lovely sight :x
The car has been in a pretty good front end collision
After that with the bumper fully off, I put the passenger headlight on, and bolted everything back up. And the hood shuts nicely!
So getting a new hood friday. Since this one is trashed. And may get a new front bumper. Not to sure.
New spoon style mirrors come in today, next I'm going to repaint the side moldings black, and texture coat the little window moldings and top trim ect.
Hopefully the car gets reaprayed next month!
By suspendedHatch
#352702 All the gaps around the front bumper are messed up. Maybe get a quote from a frame shop to get it all straightened out.
By Josh721
#352703 Good idea, they all do look pretty rough :p I'll talk to the guys painting my car to see if they can do something. If not I'll get it taken care of before I go to paint. Any idea what the price range might entail for something like this?
By Josh721
#352738 Quickie update. New mirrors came in. Car looks a lot better.Image
This week gonna spray all the trim and rocker arms a nice black.

I found a body shop to do my re alignment and respray the car!
By ntruder98
#352751 Kenwood and Kicker...live by it!
By Josh721
#352760 Definitely! My kenwood deck was defective :P so they had to send it out through geek squad to fix it. But while it was working I was extremely happy with it!
By Josh721
#352859 So I need some opinions guys! I take the car Wednesday to the frame shop to get everything lined up, then shortly after going to paint. I was per sure I was just going to do a re spray, then I though to just go a dark blue. Is stock color best? Cheaper? Would it big you guys knowing the engine bay color doesn't match, and under the door panels ect?