Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 93sihatchguy
#351470 Looking forward to more seeing the map light installed and the build up of the fiberglass enclosure. Thanks for keeping me posted!
By EconoBox
#351813 Clutch master cylinder is going bad on me now... got fluid all on my left shoe. S2000 clutch master cylinder and Circuit Hero spacer will be here tomorrow! I'm hoping while my girl is at work Saturday morning I can get a lot done and post pics before I have to go do all the Valentines day stuff that will be expected of me. :thumb:
By EconoBox
#352099 So after UPS lost and found my package and delivered it 4 days late I finally got my clutch master cylinder spacer. I installed it yesterday on my lunch break (Didn't take any pictures sorry!). All in all its a straight forward install just like replacing the original clutch master cylinder, just dont have to reinstall the ugly resevoir. Doing this in the shop at work was really nice I was able to use a power bleed tool that made the whole job only take 25 minutes leaving me plenty of time for a test drive and grabbing some food. The S2000 clutch master feels pretty much the same as a new Civic one. I have a really grabby clutch and this still allows me a smooth engagement for daily driving.

Also been doing some new work for my car clubs website. I have been out shooting some new material for our upcoming relaunch of the website (its up and functional but doesn't have all the new material uploaded yet.)
Here is a low-res sample of what I've been working on.
By egsedanguy
#352104 My buddy gave me a Clutch Master for my car. It too has the res. on the unit. But its a moded oem. He said it was a s2k/civic set up. Like he put the guts from a civic one in the s2k one. I have to get some pics of it. I have been needing to install on mine cause my clutch foot gets a drip of fluid ever so often. Also loving the progress of you car. Keep it up bro! :thumb:
By EconoBox
#352254 There is going to be a little pause in updates on the build while I finish some home improvents over the next few weeks to prepare my house to go on the market. Once the home improvements are done I'll be back with small updates while I wait for my house to sell.

New update for my buddy's TL I've been working on.
The new custom wheels from Infinitewerks are finally done and here! We rolled the fenders and installed them and I am really happy with how it came out. Most importantly he loves it.

And how the rear fits.

Next up is a full lip kit, front grill, and exhuast. Should be touching the ground or pretty close aired out like this with the lips and sideskirts on.
By EconoBox
#352276 Throw back Thursday...

Just thinking about some of my old cars when I was looking though pictures today. Found a picture of my RSX from my vacation to Nantahala National forest and cruising the Dragon before heading to Import Alliance Atlanta. It was a great time especially the summer tires in the snow! I've got a torquey little B20 but I'm really missing that K24a2 torque... Time to clean house to make room for new parts for the hatch :hehe:

By FlopUrDonk
#352446 Not a fun of dumped cars but that TL is red hot. Nice work.
By EconoBox
#352515 As usual something has to break when I'm in the middle of another project. Currently I'm in the middle of remodeling my downstair and literally have half of my house torn apart. I have sheetrock removed, no floors, and a mountain of supplies stacked in the garage for doing all of this.

Yesterday I took the day off of work to get my delivery of everything from Home Depot and to move all the supplies neatly into the garage. Once I was done I went to grab lunch and on the way I went for third and was no longer able to engage any gears at all. You can feel them but no engagement. So after an hour wait for AAA to show up with a flatbed I got the car home and in the air. I'm pretty sure its the interlock and shift change mechanism so I ordered the parts this morning and I plan to pull the transmission tonight. Here is how she is sitting now.

Tonight I'll pull the transmission out and get it disassembled and cleaned. The new parts will be here tomorrow and I will order anything else that looks like it needs replace while I am inside the case.
By EconoBox
#352525 I could do a full write up but the picture taking process slows everything down. So here goes the progress from tonight.

Setting up to pull the transmission:

And thanks to an hour or so of hard work the transmission is out.

And a few more minutes of work and a handy pair of snap ring pliers later I correctly diagnosed it with my original guess. I also had the usual third gear grind in this transmission ever since I bought it so this is the perfect time to replace the 3/4 synchro hub as well as third gear with a new piece.

That's all for progress tonight. But I picked up new axles, brakes, and a few transmission parts.
By EconoBox
#352529 I went ahead and overnighted the 3rd gear set to me so hopefully I will see it tomorrow morning. :woot:

I was told this transmission was a GSR when I purchased the original motor and transmission but I bought everything secondhand, since I was building it anyway, and with the case painted black I couldn't even verify which case code it actually was. I'm happy to say there are honest people out there still. I counted teeth on the final drive the ring gear was 66 teeth and countershaft was 15 making it a 4.4 final drive. Third gear on the mainshaft is 25 teeth and on the countershaft is 34 teeth making it a 1.36 and after comparing that to a ratio chart I'm happy to say its a GSR transmission.

Also after a close inspection of the rest of the transmission all of the seals and bearings are in excellent condition so I will only be replacing a few parts and cleaning everything else before reassembly. I'm thinking the transmission will be going back in Friday night.
By EconoBox
#352549 New Honda parts are all here. Here is the shiny new parts, I got a bunch of seals and little stuff to replace too, but no need to post all of those.

I'm hoping I can find some free time tonight to get some more work done on the car. I'll update as I reassemble the transmission.
By EconoBox
#352569 Last night I got a ton done and I was moving so quickly I forgot to take pictures. I will post some of the work once I finish and I'll be sure to take some of the transmission as I reassemble it.

So far I've got the following done:
-pulled the transmission and disassembled it, cleaned the case and all parts in my parts wash so it can go back together nice and clean

-pulled the front knuckles out of the car to install new wheel bearings, ARP extended studs, new rotors, new pads, and if I think of a color I like I may paint the calipers.

-pulled the rear trailing arms off the car to finally install my energy suspension trailing arm bushings, new OEM e-brake cables that I never did when I converted to disc brakes, new rotors, new pads, and ARP extended wheel studs

I'm hopefully going to start reassemble tonight and get in all the new brakes, new axles, and fresh transmission re-installed.
By EconoBox
#352914 I've had the car back together and running for about two weeks now and the new brakes and all new wheel bearings feels great. I still have to go an get an alignment and probably some new rear tires.

More good news... I'm finally getting work done to the house. My washing machine broke and flooded the house back in December and after the insurance company cleaned up I've been getting everything together to re-do the downstairs portion of my house. I'm just about done painting then time for tile, and new base boards. I think after the tile guy is done I may have just enough left over for some new garage storage and to epoxy the floor I'll have to do a write up on that :thumb:

How my office is looking
Image :D