Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EconoBox
#352529 I went ahead and overnighted the 3rd gear set to me so hopefully I will see it tomorrow morning. :woot:

I was told this transmission was a GSR when I purchased the original motor and transmission but I bought everything secondhand, since I was building it anyway, and with the case painted black I couldn't even verify which case code it actually was. I'm happy to say there are honest people out there still. I counted teeth on the final drive the ring gear was 66 teeth and countershaft was 15 making it a 4.4 final drive. Third gear on the mainshaft is 25 teeth and on the countershaft is 34 teeth making it a 1.36 and after comparing that to a ratio chart I'm happy to say its a GSR transmission.

Also after a close inspection of the rest of the transmission all of the seals and bearings are in excellent condition so I will only be replacing a few parts and cleaning everything else before reassembly. I'm thinking the transmission will be going back in Friday night.
By EconoBox
#352549 New Honda parts are all here. Here is the shiny new parts, I got a bunch of seals and little stuff to replace too, but no need to post all of those.

I'm hoping I can find some free time tonight to get some more work done on the car. I'll update as I reassemble the transmission.
By EconoBox
#352569 Last night I got a ton done and I was moving so quickly I forgot to take pictures. I will post some of the work once I finish and I'll be sure to take some of the transmission as I reassemble it.

So far I've got the following done:
-pulled the transmission and disassembled it, cleaned the case and all parts in my parts wash so it can go back together nice and clean

-pulled the front knuckles out of the car to install new wheel bearings, ARP extended studs, new rotors, new pads, and if I think of a color I like I may paint the calipers.

-pulled the rear trailing arms off the car to finally install my energy suspension trailing arm bushings, new OEM e-brake cables that I never did when I converted to disc brakes, new rotors, new pads, and ARP extended wheel studs

I'm hopefully going to start reassemble tonight and get in all the new brakes, new axles, and fresh transmission re-installed.
By EconoBox
#352914 I've had the car back together and running for about two weeks now and the new brakes and all new wheel bearings feels great. I still have to go an get an alignment and probably some new rear tires.

More good news... I'm finally getting work done to the house. My washing machine broke and flooded the house back in December and after the insurance company cleaned up I've been getting everything together to re-do the downstairs portion of my house. I'm just about done painting then time for tile, and new base boards. I think after the tile guy is done I may have just enough left over for some new garage storage and to epoxy the floor I'll have to do a write up on that :thumb:

How my office is looking
Image :D