Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mark c
#351019 Hi All,

new member from the UK, currently building my eg up from a rolling shell, originally car was an esi model 1.6 sohc vtec, came with bare minimum amount of parts on it. bought a mb6 brake swap for the car giving it 282mm front brakes and 262mm rears and 1" brake servo, which was fitted with full oem suspension, fitted headlights, rear lights, wheels, steering wheel, seat, swapped tailgate over all just to get the car rolling to get it home, this is how it sat.

fitted the clear rear outer lights

put my black painted headlights and amber corners, red engine bay dress up bits on

got a front bumper in same colour bit rough just hung on at the moment as needs painting at a later date

wheels had to go back to there owner as i was borrowing them, so picked up a set of original honda integra 96 spec 15" alloys

went to a local meet and picked up a bnib spoon rear view interior mirror

interior was completely missing when i bought it so started fitting parts in and sorting out extra wiring that was put in

integra type r rear seats in place

started on the interior loom routing too

so basically running a full black interior including cup holders and armrest, have the dash to go in once the looms in place and heaters built back up, integra type r rear seats, prelude tombstone front seats, retrimmed door cards

got a one piece oem spoiler this is how the cars currently sitting

cleaned up all the engine bay and cured some small rust spots and repainted in places

got my gearbox out as it was due a clean - integra s80 lsd box with 4.4 fd

after it cleaned up

engine wise, ive picked up a b18c6 block and sump from a uk type r integra, a b16b head from a ek9 civic type r complete with cams etc, integra ype r inlet manifold, thermal gasket, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body and intake pipe, oem engine mounts, stage 2 or 3 clutch kit and lightened flywheel, head has been skimmed, have new honda head gasket, head bolts, vtec solenoid gasket, spool valve gasket, cambelt, stem seals all to be fitted and a new radiator.

still working on rebuilding the head with the stem seals etc before it goes into the car.

have a selection of other parts ive gathered to go on eventually, have 96 spec integra driveshafts, poly bushed gear linkages, spoon duracon shift knob, dc2 dual bend oem shifter, fibreglass jdm style rear tailgate, with the jdm style rear inner lights that light up as side lights, 2.25" decat and cat back and a 2.25" oem manifold not sure if using this setup yet though, honda 'dohc' and 'vtec' stickers bnib, wings wset mugen rep front lip and various other bits and pieces to go together.

hoping to have the engine box in the car in next couple of months will start focusing on the suspension once the engines in place have a list of parts waiting to be ordered / sourced, thanks for reading comments and criticism welcome
By CopyLifted
#351025 Looking good!
By mark c
#351051 Thanks all,

will update when something new happens :), just brain stormed last month or so's progress into one post as only picked the shell up late December
By mark c
#351118 another minor update, have fitted the 8 exhaust valve stem seals just need to finish off the 8 intake ones, picking up a dc2 engine loom tomorrow to go on as i've realized the wiring and ancillaries i currently have are not going to work with this setup so gonna need to source a new alternator/dizzy/starter as well, my dual bend shifter has arrived as well

By FG2_Andrew
#351125 nice progress! can't wait to see it finished.
By TrailerTrash
#351127 welcome!

i like where this is going :thumb:
By mark c
#351149 Thank you :)

Have picked up the materials to lap the valves into the head today hopefully pop all of them out Thursday evening and lap them all and finish off the stem seals at the same time, then just a case of waiting until payday to get some more parts on order not much more to buy for the engine know I hope. can start assembling it all once everythings here
By mark c
#351472 Small update-

Not really got any photos of progress made to be honest, couple of the engine spent a little while more on the block using some 'gunk' cleaner got most of it off going to try some oven cleaner as recommended by several people see if will shift the last of it but come up better.

finished off work on the head, pulled all 16 valves back out again finished off replacing the stem seals, cleaned everything up, then reseated all the valves and valve faces of the head, cleaned up all the old gasket off the inlet side and reassembled, got the old gasket off the inlet too and cleaned up the mounting faces so they're ready to be bolted together once in place

besides that, been collecting parts, converting the car to run obd2a ancilleries and loom so everything is plug and play, have gathered a dc2 engine wiring loom, obd2 starter motor, dizzy, alternator, a p73 jdm ecu, full set of platinum ngk plugs, new fuel filter, 4l castrol gtx, castrol antifreeze genuine oil fitler and sump washer, also an expansion bottle as mines missing, and the fuel filter brackets. have ordered a mb6 front arb 26mm if i recall correctly, a full polybush master kit, new genuine rocker cover gasket and plug seals, set of tegiwa red rocker cover caps/gaskets, a spark plug cover, a obd1 to obd2a harness adapter to run the ecu, and some various bolts etc i need around the engine bay to put everything together, hopefully next week will be picking up another bonnet, rear bumper, spoiler and few other little pieces to tidy up the bodywork on the shell, just been pushed back by the weather on that at the moment, cant wait for some better weather to start pieceing bits together.
By mark c
#351785 small update, been and collected another silver bonnet and rear bumper, expansion bottle last week, the tegiwa order came through cam cover caps, plug seals and rocker cover gasket. had the mb6 front arb arrive will give it a wipe over/lick of paint before it goes on

today the polybush master kit arrived too

over the weekend i decided to clean up the inlet manifold a bit more, looked inside and found some metal shavings which i didn't realise where there when i baught it last summer, so got a magnet and hooked everything out need to rinse the inside out to make sure theres definately not anymore hiding in there before it goes on as some of the chunks were quite large in size

By suspendedHatch
#351792 What's an MB6?

All very nice choices and good taste so far.
By mark c
#351826 as above the picture is a mb6 civic 5door, think you guys had a similar civic over in the states possibly a mb2? the aerodeck (estate version) was a mc2 chassis code over here in the uk, its basically a 5 door variant of the ek civic with the b18c4 engine but features larger discs and roll bars then the integras so make good upgrades.
By juls1488
mark c wrote:as above the picture is a mb6 civic 5door, think you guys had a similar civic over in the states possibly a mb2? the aerodeck (estate version) was a mc2 chassis code over here in the uk, its basically a 5 door variant of the ek civic with the b18c4 engine but features larger discs and roll bars then the integras so make good upgrades.

yeah i realized i wrote aerodeck in there after i posted it. we didnt get any variant of the mb chassis unfortunately