Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Ejcrx88
#349664 I am curious to know if this community is the place to chat about my current project. I enjoyed this site years back with my silver ej coupe. When I lived.in Cali. It is the inspiration of my current project. Keep in mind I understand the chassis are different but I and this all lean more to the ej/ eg civic. I did learn to drive in the crx when I was 15. W/ obd0 b16 stage two clutch. Cousin wrecked front end of Rex last year. So I pulled the current L's VTEC for him dropped into a EF si hatch. And took the Rex shell to keep it from going to scrap. Although I'm not normally a fan of and EF chassis. Especially crx. But it was free minus the work. After that I worked a c list deal trading a couple of my go carts for a totaled 94/civic ex. Was totaled over creased driver door. No frame damage. Parked it next to crx shell. cut front ends off and split fenders. Welded mocking up measiring, body work all that good stuff. Had 35$ into this whole project for welding materials. Wired and swapped obd1 p28 d16z6 VTEC. Ran and drove it home. Now have another 1500$ into full factory brakes redone, headgasket, timing belt, radiator, distributor, etc. making it reliable. Because I sold my daily driver and now drive this pile. Not even close to complete.

Drive train: D16z6 long block/ D16a6 cable transaxel ,a6 injectors.
Obd1 complete conversion
Suspension: 97 Integra front shocks, integra cut front springs on adjustable coil overs. Crx rear struts with 95 civic cut rear springs on adjustable coil sleeves.
15" rims on 205/50/15 in front and 17" in rear on 205 40 17. Picking up some 50 series for rear soon. Hate them 40 series tires. Nice ride for cheap. Just spring specs and test drives to get things in tune. I went for 1 1/2 in lift all the way around and was just in spec when I completed suspension swap from stupid eBay coil overs. Loving my ride.
2 1/2 exhaust , new high flow cat. Lame stock replacement turbo muffler.
95 civic ex front hubs/rear si drumb brakes
Short throw shifter

On the side I have a d16a6 block I am rebuiling low compression. Fun little project.

Old account: curtismcghee12
Posting: My silver ej
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=12208
Last edited by Ejcrx88 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#349667 Whoa!! Can you post some more pics? This is the first time I've seen an EG front on an EF and it looks like you did a great job custom fitting it :thumb:

What all did you have to do besided the custom split fenders? What about the core support and hood fitting? Anything else?

Thanks for coming back to share this one with us :woot:
By Ejcrx88
#349669 I can post some. Just wanted to make sure people didn't lose it over it being EF chassis under it all. Had to move core support out around 2 inches farther because hood is a little longer makes for a awkward front wheel well but I'll figure that out later. I have done all the work myself.
By Ejcrx88
#349672 Thank you for having me and the compliment. Glad to see this forum is still rolling
By brandoff88
#349733 massive kudos for doing something original, but the front wheel arch lines don't really flow like you said, once that's fixed itll look pretty dope, got any underhood pics im curious to see the core support and other various things
By Ejcrx88
#349746 Thank you. Them fenders get me every time i see them. They will be.fixed soon. It was kind of a test run, with what was feft of crx fenders from wreck. I will be getting a full two sets and do a re fit . bay pics tomorrow.
By Ejcrx88
#349756 Still some teal showing on the core support. Hood. Also don't mind that shock mounted to the block, just there to absorb some of the slop from used torn a6 mounts. Sold the daily to get my lady,daughter and I into a new place. Now daily driving the project. 8) Image

By Civic_HatchSI
#349757 Now this is cool!!!! The EG front end looks really clean on your crx. Really nice job :thumb:
By Ejcrx88
#349764 Some surgery photos.
first removed lsvtec put it in cousins hatch

Doner car with super cool wheels and stickers

By brandoff88
#349790 wait what was wrong with that eg, looked alright body wise. and that bay looks almost legit like factory, finish painting it up and it will be mint as...well you know...

edit:forgot you said it had a messed up driver side lol