Post YOUR Hatchback here
By gt35civic
#348881 hi guys new to the forum thought i would share some pics of my civic. I only picked it up last week and its a work in progress but should be going soon

the h22 conversion was done about 10yrs ago so all the mounts are home made and bit average but does the job for now.

apparently the motor had some custom rods and pistons installed from the states at about $8k back then and they guy was running 16psi with a disco potato(2860rs) making 250kw he reckoned

it has a link ecu and 440cc injectors and the axles are custom from the us also

i got it with a cheap china stainless manifold with exhaust joined up running na no turbo.

so i had a gt35 off my other car laying around but had a 1.06 internal gate housing so i got a .82 external gate housing for it and will use that.

it did have aircon and ps because the way the mounts are made it all fitted but i decided it remove them for more room for the gt35:)

so heres some pics let me know what you guys think

when i first got it

cleaned up the bay a bit
ImageImage
By gt35civic
#348963 i fitted a new radiator and got my cooler mounted, dump will be interesting but should work. will have to order some cooler piping and exhaust bends and get to work

photo sharing websites
By gt35civic
#348976 400hp would be nice, depends how healthy the motor is, if it is still the same motor from the guy that built it that was 10 years ago so who knows.

the turbo should be good for it tho, the car it came off the 4ltr 6cyl it was making 400hp at the wheels with 12psi and tiny cooler, my old car which was the same had few more intake mods and cooler and made 500hp on 16psi thats with the 1.06 housing so the smaller .82 should still go alrite i hope:)

it has a link ecu but having trouble connecting to it with my laptop hopefully i can get that sorted because it runs pig rich atm and needs some tuning i think...

still waiting on flange for dump pipe and drive belt for the alt and radiator hoses then will have to order some alloy bends to make the cooler piping and can get that all done and then good to go
By gt35civic
#349087 did a bit more on the motor, starting making up some of the cooler piping, made up a little radiator overflow tank and mounted it at front of the motor, decided i will modify the turbo manifold and rotate the turbo flange so there is more room for the turbo dump pipe. Going to make up a oil catch can and mount it through the hole that the cooler piping used to come up through and have a oil drain back to the sump

By gt35civic
#349090 I cut out some of the front bar to fit the cooler piping, i sort of wanted that jap look where you just do what you have to do to make it fit like when they run the oil coolers on the front of the bumper and the hoses through the headlight holes etc.

it will be like this either side because the piping will be the same the other side too

or should i cut it out bigger like where the tap is?

i was looking at getting a front lip something like this and cutting out the centre section to give full flow to cooler

also thinking of just getting the rubber easy lips cos cheaper i had it on my old car looked cool

By gt35civic
#349228 got turbo mounted with some mods to the manifold almost finished all the cooler piping just have intake to do and dump to join up to rest of the system, waiting for the radiator hoses to come so can get it going, and the wastegate

i was going to weld some fittings to the cam cover to run to my oil catch can where is the best place to put them? was thinking one on either side of the cover? or on the firewall side one at the front and one at the rear?

had thoughts of something like this too, sheet off the fog light hole to the right of the bellmouth with some alloy sheet and duct the bellmouth upto the air filter

By gt35civic
#349382 i started making up the dump today and got my wastegate and welded that on too. was a 2 bolt flange and new wastegate is a vband, was the only purple one i liked that did like gay, its a tial copy

got some prelude radiator hoses didnt fit that well had to cut the top one into 2 bits but ended up working well because i ordered some temp sensor adapters that will use to steal the coolant for the turbo, one on the top hose and one on the bottom

fitted up some quick release things on the guard and bumper, purple to match the theme, cut the front off the valve cover too and going to get some purple cam gears at some stage once its all running, ordered a new timing belt old one was stuffed was bit of the belt in the cover surprised it didnt snap. got some new seals also for the cams and crank there is a leak there somewhere.

dump hugs the engine but gives more room between the radiator, will heat wrap it and not decided if will plumb the wastegate in or not

had a surge tank that was for the turbo vitara but didnt really fit how i wanted so decided to use it for the honda i cut the corner out so it fits there and welded some fittings on where i needed, i took the valve cover off and welded to -8 fittings to it also, going to paint it wrinkle black and have a purple oil cap and spark plug cover coming for it too, got 2 purple caps coming for the top of the surge tank also
By gt35civic
#349730 some more progress, not to long now till its ready for some boost, have the timing belt and seals to do, have some adjustable cam gears coming also should look mint

filled the engine mounts up with 255 sikaflex, the one at the front of the motor(cam gear side) were broken so hopefully works ok, otherwise ill get a new one then fill it up.

made up a oil catch can out of a surge tank i had for another project, i cut the corner off and flipped it then welded it back together.

put some password bonnet spacers on and have a few more purple bits coming, the gears, nuts for cam cover, solenoid cover and cam plug, but not sure about the spark plug cover might paint that black or polish back to raw

cant wait to boost it see when this gt35 spools:D

By gt35civic
#349854 i read everyone reckons the auto timing belt tensioner is no good so decided to modify it. since postage for a ks one was going to be just as much as the part so here it is.

i pulled it apart gutted it then made a billet steel insert threaded it both ends and the rest speaks for itself, its a bit bit to high so need to mod it a little but idea is there

By gt35civic
#349857 pulled the sump off to do the oil return for the turbo and had a look at the rods and pistons to check if the guy was talking shit or not and found this,

pretty happy:) he was telling the truth

By gt35civic
#350009 so i got it all running, had some leaks around the cam cover sorted out with some goo. was running real rough, rich at idle 11s afr and when rev'ed it up would struggle to get to 6k was so lean. put new plugs in still pretty bad, guy had said he had swap water in the tank and had cleaned it out and replaced the pump but not the filter so decided to replace that and pulled old one off and was full of red dirt.

changed that and so much better still rich at idle but revs out to limiter easy as. the ecu is a link version for honda's not sure what injectors size but with the duty cycle at 1% its still rich so not to sure if will be able to do much. raising the idle to about 1200rpm helps it is close to 14.7

filter

the old oil drain was on the left but in the wrong place for the turbo so welded a new one on and used the oil one for a drain from my oil catch can

modded the timing tensioner again was a bit to long before all sweet now

finished screamer pipe off the wastegate, should be nice and loud:)
screamer exit