Post YOUR Hatchback here
By bmacd11
#348459 have been looking for a project civic for a while now and finally got one.

92 hatchback

lots of big projects to get done within this thing. quarter panel replacements, new motor and convert to manual and pretty much everything else top to bottom. looking forward to reading everyones build threads and getting some tips and advice.
By bmacd11
#348460 Image

By bmacd11
#348464 Thanks. I was checking your rust removal thread and not sure if I should tackle it myself or get the pros to take care of it.
By teal_dx
#348465 If you have the mechanical ability and you can afford the downtime of not driving the car and have access to a welder (or figure it's worth it to invest in one) then it's worth it. I had never done any body work before I replaced my rear 1/4 panels. The welder was a great investment, I have used it for many more projects over the years.
By bmacd11
#348476 I have the time to do it myself I don't plan on driving the car for a few years anyway. Might be worth buying one and maybe practice welding on a set of old fenders or something before I point it at my car. I'll just follow your thread word for word.
By egsedanguy
#348477 If you get a welder and love to do stuff your self, it will be a good investment. If I had the extra cash I would get one. I want to build my own x bar for the rear of mine along with some other custom stuff. :thumb:
By bmacd11
#348552 Might be bit more work than I am able to do my self. Anyone ever done an auto to manual conversion? I just plan on dropping the d15 vtec motor in it.
By egsedanguy
#348554 I think if ya want stick to just trade your shell for a stick or just by a shell and swap everything over. The convo is not "hard' but is not really for beginners.
By baconsauce
#348572 Very nice hatch you got there. Tackle those rusty quarter! 8)
By Punksz6
teal_dx wrote:Just noticed those aren't the factory steelies... They look like 2-piece steel wheels 8)

LoL Teal, thats what I noticed as well. Looks like a good start, just get quarter panel replacements and your good to go.. :thumb:
By bmacd11
#348726 Any good or bad reviews for fixmyrust.com? I need both quarters and both rockers.
By egsedanguy
bmacd11 wrote:Any good or bad reviews for fixmyrust.com? I need both quarters and both rockers.

I hear good reviews. I was thinking of buying the quarters for my car. Teal_dx used them in his rust repair.