Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Dam1an3
#347783 Hey guys I'm new to here.. Kinda. My names Damian, from Maryland and I drive a '92 hatch cx.

Story about the hatch. I bought it as project, 600 dollars, had a d15b but the guy shot the rod through the block so I had to find another motor. Found another d15b vtec with about 86k miles, came with trans for 700 bucks! It's a charcoal grey but very rough body. The inside needs new carpet and interior pieces. Rsx front seats and leather backseats.

Update: fixed the running rough problem :woot:

Things I've done:
-jdm d15b vtec
-egay fog lights
-rota circuit 8s
-93 ex front spindles
-skunk2 tb
-apexi exhaust
-injen short ram
-DC long tube headers

-Things I want to do:
-body work
-paint, still deciding on what color (any opinions?)
-raceland coilover(any opinions?)
-skunk2 LCA
-duckbill spoiler

By SloCivic
teal_dx wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Is that the original color, Phantom Grey Pearl?
If so, I'd keep that :thumb:

^+1 that color is not very common, id keep it grey!

as far as the raceland coil overs.... they are OK if your just looking for a mild upgrade. If I was you I would save another 200+ and get function/form coil's. or maybe a used set of k-sports, teins, or something of that nature.
By Gram0401
#347979 Nice car, looks like a good starting point. I really like the Phantom Grey Pearl color. Keep up the good work :thumb: for a fellow MD member.
By Dam1an3
#347994 Thanks guys its my first motor swap and im very proud of how it came out. and yes it is the original color if I were to paint it, it would still be the same just dents and scratches and rust spots taken out. would really like to clean up the engine bay. but as of now im not worried about it cause it sat in my shop for about the last 3 months. now its day 5 of it being driven with that motor. I would like to say thanks again I really appreciate it guys!

Hello fellow Marylander :woot:
By Driv-it-hard
#348012 The car looks great. Congrats on the swap . I'm jealous of the garage space you have. I have to work out side in the hell heat !!!!
Keep it up.
By Dam1an3
#348016 thanks man, and yeah we have a huge shop cause we have dump trucks it also has a pit.. so its very convenient :D