Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ODST_EG
ODST_EG wrote:Hi! names Cuba, right outta SoCal. Nice to meet ya all!!

I just got the family car after so many years of bad luck with cars. Hoping to make her a beast of a Hatch.

Things I've done:

converted to R134a A/C
Installed trunk light
small sound system
motor swapped a D16a2 (91 crx si motor) for now, just so i could get her running
New rack and pinion
J2 engineering LCA
Megan Racing tie rod ends
HID Conversion
Fog Lights
Clifford Security Alarm

Things to come:
b18c swap
auto to manual swap
suspension
rims
paint
GPS tracking system
GSR rear brake disc conversion
94 Prelude center console conversion
power mirrors( nothing is powered in car)
Truhart lowering struts/Tein H tech lowering springs
[/i]
By Civic Savior
ODST_EG wrote:
Civic Savior wrote:I dig those wheels!! I'm looking for a set :thumb:

Im trying to get ride of these as soon as I either get some steelies or a new set of rims haha theyre just not right for me haha

Hey hows ur build coming along? I checked it out, great job so far!

Thanks man. I have updates to post but its so hard to find the time with a 2 yr old lol. And too bad you weren't closer, i have a set of 15" steelies with tires i would trade :cry:
By ODST_EG
Civic Savior wrote:
ODST_EG wrote:
Civic Savior wrote:I dig those wheels!! I'm looking for a set :thumb:

Im trying to get ride of these as soon as I either get some steelies or a new set of rims haha theyre just not right for me haha

Hey hows ur build coming along? I checked it out, great job so far!

Thanks man. I have updates to post but its so hard to find the time with a 2 yr old lol. And too bad you weren't closer, i have a set of 15" steelies with tires i would trade :cry:

Hey you're handling responsibility. do ya thang! haha :D
By ODST_EG
#348163 Look what I scored at the Ontario Pick-A-Part for $25!!!

96 Prelude center console! cant wait to do the conversion for my hatch
By ODST_EG
#348225 ok so today I went back to the other city's pick a part and got my rear conversion assembly from an Integra RS I think cuz it didn't have ABS(not sure which models didn't have it) Anyways heres the pic of them, cost me 170 for both complete. I cant wait to install the J2 LCAs for the front and rear, Master cylinder from a 91 civic EX, Prop Valve from the 90 Integra, and some Goodridge brake lines. Im still searching for the front assembly and saving for the Tein H. Tech/ Truhart lowering sport shocks, so once I get those that's when everything is going on.

More pics and a massive brake and prelude center console Conversions DIY to come!!! Oh speaking of the Prelude center console, I ran into a problem going over it in my head. The face where the radio goes, its bolted into a brace that is spot welded to the dash. So anyone who has done the swap how did you go about it? I might just make a custom bracket and bolt it to the civic dash.

By ODST_EG
egsedanguy wrote:here ya go
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=16335

thanks man, I was actually going off of this dudes DIY and got confused about his method on bolting up the face but i see what he did now that its all in front of me. Imma restore this dudes DIY with a little more detail and updated pics once mine goes in.
By ODST_EG
#349399 Hey look what I picked up today!!! b18c! Almost got everything for the swap now. Just need the transmission and a few other things

By ODST_EG
vince72310 wrote:whaaaat how much did you get that b18c1 for??

got it for a grand. it needs a dizzy, harness, USDm vtec solenoid, and manifold haha im about to get a hydro trans and then get the little stuff and finally start my swap
By ODST_EG
#349591 Hey everyone! Im back!! just went through a job transfer and my car had to be put on pause. Im getting everything for my swap now. still haven't done the brake system but hopefully soon.

Anyways I got my motor, getting my transmission here soon, however there was a change of plans. I got a JDM OBD2 B18c instead of a OBD1.

I found this thread and wondering if this dude is correct on the build.

http://technet.ff-squad.com/hybrid.92-95.obd2.htm

Need a second opinion or if hes missing anything from the build.

SO I have the OBD1 ECU, a 98 GSR engine wire harness, and the wires for the Vtec, knock sensor and IAB that he mentioned. still getting the other items he mentioned.

Also! I need help with the exhaust system, I have the headers but everything after that im so confused about! will I need a whole new custom exhaust system to match the new motor or can I use the stock one that's on my EG already?