Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Civic Savior
#346516 So I finally decided to start my own build thread. I bought my car almost a year ago for $500.00 bucks. Although it was wrecked I couldn't pass it up as I have always wanted an EG hatchback. My car has the D15B7 16v SOHC with a little over 185k on the motor and chassis.

This is how she looked the day I brought her home

and this is how she sits now

rust, rust, rust :(
Last edited by Civic Savior on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
By MG6
#346529 :shock: body cancer!

What is the plan to de-rust the areas?
By Civic Savior
#346531 Cancer everywhere!!! I plan to order the replacement quarters and rocker panels from fixmyrust.com but as far as the stuff around the windshield I don't even know where to begin... :?
By Civic Savior
#346556 UPDATE: got all the bondo and fiberglass removed from the rear driverside quarter panel. The panel is pretty jacked up!

Also scored a sunpro triple gauge cluster for 20 bucks on craigslist

and some factory logos from an LX sedan for free

Hoping to have the hood sanded down by this weekend. We will have to see what happens!
By Civic Savior
#346604 UPDATE: Got some more body work done today. Focused on getting the core support straightened out as much as possible. It'll have to do until I can get a new support welded in.

Before

after

before

after

before

after

Lots of bottle jack, wood block and rubber mallet action. Its not perfect but its better!
By jap-society
#346643 Lot's of rust !!

Good luck with the repairs man :wink:
By Civic Savior
#347996 UPDATE:

First of all sorry about the blurry pics.

I finally got the hatch back on the road. The tags expired back in June of this year so the car was parked. I was running and starting it regularly when one day it died at normal operating temperature. After a little trouble shooting and some help from our fellow forum members it turned out to be a bad ignition coil. So i opted to replace cap, wires, rotor, plugs and the coil all together. I bought an Accel super coil aftermarket coil, a set of NGK's and OEM cap, wires and rotor.

Everything installed:

Also during this time i cleaned the very greasy underside of my hood. I think the donor car it came from had a serious leak lol

Before:

After:

I also upgraded the "garage". I found a killer deal on a craftsman roll-away and i couldn't pass it up. Here's a few pics.

I'm super happy with it, but i think i am happier about being able to drive the hatch again. Hopefully there will be more updates soon!! Stay tuned.
By CopyLifted
#348390 Awesome progress! :thumb:
By brandoff88
#349342 im surprised no one mentioned this, but the reason your having front end fitment issues is probably due to a sedan bumper on there, only coupe/hatch bumpers fit right, looks like its pretty straight aside from that, id try getting a coupe or hatch front bumper and swapping out and I bet most of the gaps and shit will dissapear