Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Apexi22
#346299 I have this car about 6 years now and this is where it started

This car was stock with a D15B3 twincarb engine, only thing that was fitted was the 14" Racing Sparco NS-II rims.

Currently looks something like this still....i think

Power run :

Change of color

Some Cellphone pics, not the best quality :oops:

Did some updates, fitted some Koni Yellows and Ground Control Coilover kit and some new wheels
and some other odd and ends

Added VTEC

Pic of the car standing at home for now, need to sort out some wiring and fit some electronics

I felt silly for spending so much money on 2 bolts but the quality of this is really good

Added a Turbo

Also got a set of Mugen RNR

car made 206kw and 292nm at 0.5 bar boost on the wheels.
Works out to 276hp and 215lbs/ft on the wheels

This was such a mission to fit but well worth it

Small update, upped boost to 0.6 bar
Being very carefull, don't trust these B20 sleeves for shit :lol:
Once again power at the front wheels

The Rest -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 787&type=3

My new Brakes

here are some old pics of the Max My Ride shoot Divan Shepherd did

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 239&type=3

Swapped engines again

Small Update, B series Parts have been removed and installed into my CRX
Managed to find something to put into the Civic

I finally got the car tuned a bit last night, still some odds and ends to finish and then it will go back on the dyno for a final tune.

K20Z4 motor
3" induction pipe with old Simota filter
Ac and ps delete
3" exhaust with just a rear box
Ktuned Race Header
S90 70mm Cable Throttle Body
Adaptronic e420d Basic Select ECU
201whp and 153wtq

So i've had the car back at home for about 2 weeks now and got around to giving it a good wash and polish

Went to a Subaru Dyno Day and this is what the car made on a very hot Saturday afternoon

And this is the dynorun -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLgZ0UVqC8

Only thing bugging me now is the idling as it's irratic sometimes and even switches the car off when it's cold so need to fit a IACV.
Throttle is also crap because when you cruising at part throttle the accelerator is like a on/off switch but a friend advised how i can sort that out.
Need to get the speedo working also and finally clean up the interior and make a plan with the centre console but i have an idea in mind.

All the smaller pics open bigger when you click on them

And that's it so far
By Apexi22
#346300 Did some more tuning after this and eventually got the car to 204whp and 157wlbs/ft
By teal_dx
#346303 Wow :shock: Seeing it go from start to finish in one post was huge before/after.

Clean black hatches are one of my favorites so I was a little let down to see it painted the blue-grey color but when you put white wheels on instead of the black ones, I was in love with the new color :thumb:

And the D to B to K swaps :thumb: :thumb:

Mint car :thumb:
By tom023
#346306 Wow... crazy amount of work but it looks like it paid off. Now you're on the K swap, when you look back on it, do you regret putting the B20 in first?
By #ROBIN#
#346332 :woot: :woot:

Representing South Africa Cape town :thumb:

I dont think he needs to hear it again and again from me but awesome civic Apexi :wink:
By Apexi22
teal_dx wrote:Wow :shock: Seeing it go from start to finish in one post was huge before/after.

Clean black hatches are one of my favorites so I was a little let down to see it painted the blue-grey color but when you put white wheels on instead of the black ones, I was in love with the new color :thumb:

And the D to B to K swaps :thumb: :thumb:

Mint car :thumb:

Thanks very much dude
Reason I sprayed it is because there was an identical black Hatch driving around here and that's 1 to many for a place that has about 5 EG hatches total :P

Thanks again
By Apexi22
tom023 wrote:Wow... crazy amount of work but it looks like it paid off. Now you're on the K swap, when you look back on it, do you regret putting the B20 in first?

Thanks bru
Not at all I actually had the most fun with the D and B setup.
The D15b would rev to 8000rpm and I gave a few cars a fright :lol:
The B20 non vtec I would beat up everyday, go to the track, touge and then drive to work the Monday so it was lotsa fun

The B20 VTEC Turbo engine was retarded, to much just way to much for daily use :lol:
But I'm glad I had the experiences

Don't have much experience with the K cause I only drive the car once a week cause the throttle sucks and the car doesn't idle(no IACV yet)
By Apexi22
#ROBIN# wrote::woot: :woot:

Representing South Africa Cape town :thumb:

I dont think he needs to hear it again and again from me but awesome civic Apexi :wink:

Thanks Robin, still a lot to be done before im happy with the car
By K!RK_180i
#346339 :welcome: Wade, Nice to see your builds on this forum buddy, which might i add were and still is awesome, Your Car has really come a long way, Please do keep up the awesome work :woot: and never sell this car 8)
By Apexi22
K!RK_180i wrote::welcome: Wade, Nice to see your builds on this forum buddy, which might i add were and still is awesome, Your Car has really come a long way, Please do keep up the awesome work :woot: and never sell this car 8)

Thanks a lot bra, I don't plan to ever sell it that's for sure
:P
By Mr Rattles
#347254 Wade, I've said it once, twice and probably a thousand times already,
Awesom car and keep up the good work.
By Axix23
#347602 wow, very nice build! Who is that girl? :thumb: :woot:
By Apexi22
#351105 So been a while since I updated this thread.
Managed to get the throttle story sorted by fitting the b series TPS on the K series Throttle body and also fitted the Type S oil pump so the car could rev higher.

Here is a test run after the pump was fitted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XaUAFtMF8M

Bought a set of these Trac light 13x8 rims

Went to a 1 mile drag event and managed 124mph with the car unprepped on pump fuel

Here is a race of me vs a RB26DETT S13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgp2FJEBYM

Fitted a set of 205/50/15 wheels with Federal 595 RS-R tyres and managed a 13.5 first time out, here is a vid of me vs a friend of mine with a 335i with mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1OhiXxW_9k

Ordering a set of 24.5 Hoosier slicks for the car next week and hoping to get into the 12's