Post YOUR Hatchback here
By tom023
#346096 This is my new civic, named Heppy by one of my friends who found a hepititis B positive results paper under the rear seat :o haha.
Whatever her name, I've got plans to tidy her up get her running great and use her as a DD for the moment.

Here is some pics of how I found it.

It's pretty messed up all around. I got given a box of odd parts with it (cheap air-intake, 2nd pair of clear red rear lights, CF look mirros...etc)

After completely stripping the interior, scrubbing underneath and re-fitting the most of it. I'm picking and choosing parts from this civic and another RHD version that I got given (YES FOR FREE!
:thumb: ) to make up the best out of the two.

Found this big spaghetti junction of speaker wire under the back seat. Not sure whether to rip it out and put my own in or leave it... it's a bit of a mess. :?

After seeing the needle painting topic on here I thought I'd give it a try myself, took out the white coloured images and took it back to stock painting the needles red and the clock ilmunination lights red too.

You can just about see the clocks in the last pic. I got the Sparco r100 seat for it on ebay with sliders and rails shipped to me here in Spain for 200€ BARGAIN!!!

It still needs a whole lot of work on the interior (dash, doorcards...) and I haven't touched the exterior or anything mechanical yet. The idea is to get it to 10/10 condition and at a later date do a H23A3 swap out of a Rover 623 that I have waiting... I've also got this lying around, has anybody ever done or seen a H22a head put on the H23 block ??? Hmm...

By Loaf31
#346098 Welcome to the Family! :thumb:
I love the progress. This thing is gonna be hot, I can tell!
Glwb! :thumb:
By tom023
#346099 Until the Hswap comes around, I'm going to be building up everything else as far as cash flow will let me (brakes, suspension...). So I'll keep the thread updated.
By Loaf31
#346101 Is this gonna be your daily?
By tom023
#346106 Yeah, for the time being.
By tom023
#346262 Got the dash trim out and painted, it turned out great but I lacquered it in gloss lacquer and I think it looks too shiny.
If I spray over the whole lot in satin lacquer will it tone down the shine ???

By bietelboer
#346264 Wow that valve cover needs some love :o
By silverEG8
#346273 Nice seat.
By jap-society
#346818 Nice platform to start with, a little ruff around the edges but nothing a little TLC can't fix :thumb:

I love you're center console, need to find one for my car too.

What did you use to piant you're gauge needles ?
By tom023
#346840 Yeah she needs some pampering. I used red spray paint that I had left over from my graffiti writing days. Seeing as it is such a small area I don't think it really matters, just make sure you spray it in light coats to avoid drips/blemishes.