Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Cone_Shark
#345267 This is my build/journal of my '92 CX. It's plays double duty as my commuter car and autoX/track whore! I'll keep this post updated with current pics and specs.

Engine: B16a3
Ecu: p30
Transmission: ?????

Performance-
Engine:
????? cool air intake with HKS filter
Exhaust:
????? High flo cat
Gutted OEM muffler that cut in half and poorly welded
Suspension:
Shocks:
Front: KYB ATX
Rear: OEM
Springs: B+G s2 Sport (Integra springs)
Bracing:
????? Weirdly painted front strut bar

Exterior-
Craptacular flat black paint
JDM tight patina hood
Assorted dings, dents and scratches

Interior-
OBX red shift knob
Stinky, stained, dirty, holey carpet
Sweet tribal flamed skull seat covers over worn out OEM vinyl seats

Thanks for looking. Follow along to see how I got to this point![/u]
Last edited by Cone_Shark on Tue May 20, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By m578elb
#345271 What's the plan?
By HeikDiesel
#345298 Welcome fellow Colorado member
By Cone_Shark
m578elb wrote:What's the plan?

For now just clean up some loose odds and ends and fix a few issues.
By Cone_Shark
teal_dx wrote:Nice lifted Taco in the background too :thumb:

Thanks man! It's my wife's girlie truck! Here is a couple more pics for ya.
By Cone_Shark
HeikDiesel wrote:Welcome fellow Colorado member

Thanks, hope to see your car around sometime.
By Cone_Shark
#345336 I picked this little diamond in the rough from my buddy last weekend. He bought it pretty much like it sits, except for the paint, about six years ago. He only used it for a second car for when his WRX was in the shop. Since he hardly drove it he didn't give it the tlc it needed. He mentioned selling it a couple years ago, since I had my STi then I really didn't need it. But I traded it for a Tundra late last year and with my 14.8 mpg I figured I could use it for a commuter car to save me some gas money. And truth be told I missed driving a small sporty car. So I asked him if he still wanted to sell it, so now I'm the proud owner of this little beauty!

When I got it the interior was in pretty bad shape. I'm guessing it had been a while since he had cleaned it! So the day after I got it I got to work.

I took the seats out to give it a good vacuuming!

And I took out the center console to give it a good soak in the bathtub since it was pretty grungy.

All cleaned up! I put some new seat covers on that I had sitting in my garage.

It needs a new carpet and I'm going to keep me eyes open for a better pair of seats, either integra or del sol.
By Cone_Shark
#345337 While driving it to and from work last week I kept getting a CEL, well sort of! It would flicker and stay on sometimes and then not come on at all. I thought it was pretty strange so did some online searching on how to check CEL codes. That led me to this.

I realized I have no blue connector and it seems to have been cut off and the wires were left exposed. Apparently if you have no CEL codes and theses wires touch the CEL lights up. I'm guessing I must have moved the wires around a bit when I was cleaning and the vibrations of driving were causing the wires to randomly touch. Easy enough fix. I put on a male and a female plug on each the wires. So now if I get a CEL all I have to do is plug them in together to see my code.

And a random pic of my truck and car!

Thanks for looking, more to come..........
By Driv-it-hard
#345344 I like the flat black on the body. I also like the rims on the car.
Look good. Keep it up.
By Cone_Shark
#345468 I plan to get it off of the ground this weekend and give it a good look over. Once I get the bugs worked out of the car I'll start the body work. I got this in the mail today and I'm pretty anxious to see what it'll look like when I'm done!
By Cone_Shark
Driv-it-hard wrote:I like the flat black on the body. I also like the rims on the car.
Look good. Keep it up.

Funny thing about these wheels and tires is that I bought them 11 years ago! I got them for a light blue 89 CRX I had. I did a b16a swap in it and the motor blew after a few months. Shortly after my wife's civic got totaled so we had to get a new car and got an XB. Since the XB and CRX had the same bolt pattern I put the wheels on it. That was in '05. After we got 17's for the XB I put these wheels and tires back in the garage to wait until I got the CRX running again. I got heavy into off-roading and lost interest in the car. Around 5 years ago my buddy had this EG with red wheels and remembered my Konig wheels and asked to trade. I was planning on selling the CRX anyway so I said sure. Thought it was pretty cool that after 11 years, 2 owners and 3 cars I still have the same wheels and tires!
By Cone_Shark
#345548 Hearing a lot of noises coming from the back I decided to get the car on jack stands to have a look. Good thing I did!
Passenger side.

Drivers side.

I found a bolt in my stash that fit. I also noticed my exhaust was loose and hanging after I drug it going up a driveway. The car has an high flow cat and I think it's causing the exhaust to be to long so the hangers don't line up. So since I didn't have any rubber hangers and every body needs their exhaust hung up with bailing wire once in their life that's what I did! I also secured it with safety wire to hopefully keep it on for a little while.
By Loaf31
#345554 Can't wait for this build to take off!
Good Luck! :thumb: