Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Gram0401
#344272 I decided to start this build log to keep track of my progress on my hatch and also to share with fellow civic enthusiast. I had a 95 cx with a gsr in the past and I loved it. That Car meet it's unfortunate end due to a spun rod bearing. I ended up selling the car and getting out of the Honda game. Here are a few pictures of it (sorry for the crappy quality)

The new civic is a 94 DX hatchback, I received it as a gift. When I received the car the engine was blown and it was an automatic. The entire interior was covered in mold.
First thing I did was pull the engine and trans. I picked up a d16Z6 swap with a manual trans, I drop that in and did the auto to manual conversion. I pulled out all the old interior and got rid of it. Picked up some Integra front seat and I was able to salvage the dash and door panels and A-pillers. I also put a few other things on the car like fog lights, amber corners, spoon style mirrors, Broadway mirror, mugen shift knob, password quick bumper disconnects, spoon style lip and omni power suspension. This is how the car sits as of now.

Diy black housing headlight

Just put these bloxs upper control arms on. Sand blasted and redone in smoke grey with energy bushing

I'll try and keep this log to date as possible.
By Gram0401
#344287 Made a license plate tilt bracket today since the threaded plates were missing off the inside of the bumper
I also found another picture of the car.
By Gram0401
#344371 Had some time to add some parts on the car today. Thermal r&d catback, emusa rear lower control arms and a 3pt front strut bar…
Haven't taken the car for a drive yet but I'm sure the new bushings in the lower control arms and the strut tower bar will make the car feel better.
By Gram0401
#344551 Deleted my power steering today because the bearing in the pump was going bad. Plus I prefer not to have power steering. I deleted the power steering by bypassing the pump and the cooler using all the factory lines and keeping the reservoir.
I'm also working on my center console setup I pick it up from the junkyard for 15 bucks I still have to pick up a few more gauges (oil pressure, and a wide band)
I also installed a quick released that was gifted to me

By Gram0401
#344564 Sneak peek at my HX wheels
Also got this in the mail today
By Gram0401
bigJOE671 wrote:Quite some progress you got there :thumb:

Thanks… I work on the car in between juggling 2 jobs. So when I have free time I try and make the most of it.
By teal_dx
#344596 Very nice improvements so far :thumb:

Where did you find ball seat open extended lug nuts? I looked a while back when I ran HX wheels but could only find acorn seat.
By Gram0401
teal_dx wrote:Very nice improvements so far :thumb:

Where did you find ball seat open extended lug nuts? I looked a while back when I ran HX wheels but could only find acorn seat.

The Lugnuts that I have are the acorn type. I purchased some conversion washers that are acorn type on the Lugnuts side and the ball type on the wheel side
(Sample picture still waiting for mine to get here). Image
I purchased mine from
www.pacificcustoms.com
For 75 cent each
I also know that kseriesparts has some SSR conversion washers for $35
By Gram0401
#344659 Went to the junkyard today and picked up a manual cluster with rpm gauge, base RSX radio, 5th gen radio wiring harness, a 98 accord pig tail that will plug into the radio and the plug I need to wire up my reverse lights. Not bad for $38

Also if any one has the pin out for the base rsx radio I could use that.
By Gram0401
#344938 New cluster in. I finally have a technometer.
Center console is installed and looking good in my opinion. (Still have to wire the gauges up)
By lalo
#344940 Damn great progress on the car I think I might try to do the power steering delete like you did.
By Gram0401
lalo wrote:Damn great progress on the car I think I might try to do the power steering delete like you did.

Thanks.
The power steering delete that I did took about 20mins using a hacksaw to cut the 2 hard lines, and you can use the stock hoses that are already there. Just make sure you have a rag and a cup or bucket to catch the fuild that will spill. If you have any questions or need some better pictures let me know.
By Gram0401
#345051 I've been wanting a rear strut bar since I put the front one on. I really like the miracle X and the EM racing rear bar set ups, but I did not want to kick out $500 for that set up. So I started to make my own today since I can get all the metal for free from work. This is no way show car quality stuff but it'll do what it's supposed to. I still have to grind down the welds and paint it.
I also redid my cam timing today it was off by a tooth.
By Gram0401
#345262 Picked up some tires today and got my HX rims mounted. I also did an oil change.