Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Gram0401
#355471 not much of an update
installed a rear lip

after installing the spoon rep wing I lost the 3rd brake light, so I ordered a f1 style 3rd brake light and custom mounted it to keep the car legal....
night shot (looks better in person)
By Gram0401
#356653 Its been a few weeks since I lasted posted, since then I spun a rod bearing in the z6.
While the motor was out I got rid of the power steering lines and added a solid rear mount.
The motor that's in there for the time being is a d15b1, it runs well for what it is...
I Also finally got around to installing my volt meter, it came out good in my opinion..
https://youtu.be/xDy9w9LzxHg
I also started working on a rear difusser, this is just a cardboard mock up. Soon to be made of aluminum to keep the weight down.

I went to Tuner Evolution's Panda Junction fall meet....
here are some shots from that day
[IMG]
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa49 ... F3F14D.jpg[/IMG]
By HeikDiesel
Gram0401 wrote:Image[/url]

This picture says it all right here. Glad you're having a good time with the car. Keep up the good work
By Gram0401
#356929 The cardboard mock up of the diffuser fit really well, so I made one out of aluminum and welded some custom brackets to the spare tire well and bolted one to the sub frame brace....
I didn't rivet it together so every section is replaceable if anything ever gets bent
mounted to the frame of the car
I really wasn't feeling the sliver so I painted it black and added some "speed holes" on the sides of the rear bumper
I think that it turned out well, its really easy to remove if I ever need to take it off. I haven't tested out yet at higher then highway speed but I like the look of it... here are a few random shots
By Gram0401
#358926 Haven't been on here in a while, I've been trying to piece together a new motor since I can't deal with how slow the d15b is. I've done a few things to the car lately but nothing major. Picked up 5 gsr wheels with tires for a pretty good deal
Got a new wide view mirror, much bigger the carmate one I had before
Been working on a new gauge and push button set up, not sure if I'm going to go with it or not
Also got some new tail lights sine mine were cracked, red and smoked.
Picked up an r-fab shift knob
I installed a set of brake ducts and a top one license plate tilt
here are a few random shots of my car
Within the month of April I been to 2 different events Import face off and Honda day here's some pictures of the eg's there
ImageImage
That 4dr hatch tho :shock: :P
Last edited by Gram0401 on Mon May 02, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gram0401
#359031 Pulled the dash out over the weekend to do a few things… 1st I've been working on this s2k push to start
Also installed a factory a/c bypass duct and firewall plug and a p28 with s200. The heat blows with much more pressure now.
Got rid of the passenger side airbag and took it apart to keep the cover
Also pulled out all the srs wiring and the dash pad and air bag support
Reinstalled the dash with working push start and new DND PERFORMANCE INTERIOR wheel and aluminum hub. Wired a push button up on the dash for the horn and installed my custom gauge pod. Threw on the R-fab shift knob also
Wheel has a horn button in it now
Two pictures of the car over the weekend at the panda junction show/meet
By Gram0401
#359155 Replaced the cluster and heater controls bulbs with amber ones, also did the side markers
Also took my car to a local scale and it weighted in at 2020lbs
I really like this picture I took at my job
By Gram0401
#359777 Thanks teal_dx

So I haven't updated this in a few months, I ended up braking my leg in the beginning of June. I broke it 2" above my ankle and tore the ligaments on the top of my foot that go into my ankle, needless to say nothing was touched on the car for the whole summer because it took 3 months just to start to be able to put weight on it plus another few weeks of physical therapy.
After all of that I really missed working on the car so the last week I've been doing a few things.
The 1st thing I did was make a custom mesh grill. I really didn't like the ones I seen for sale and I wanted something a little different. I also fixed the crack that was in the lip, I half assed it because it's worn down on one side from scraping plus I'm getting something different soon.
I really like the way the grill turned out so I wanted to make the front look a little more aggressive so I decided to do custom canards.…
Cardboard mock up
Once I was satisfied with the fitment, I cut the template out of 22 gauge metal and made some aluminum brackets.
Test fitting
Mounted and painted
I'm happy with the fitment they are really tight up against the bumper with almost no visible
gap.
I'll have some things to post up later this week…
By TrailerTrash
#359778 aw yeah man keep up the good work :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

sucks about the leg i broke my left leg 2 times when i was little. wasnt fun. but at least it gave you plenty of time to think about what u want to do next :lol:
By Gram0401
#359791 Just a little update…
So the canards seem to be working well, there putting down enough force to brake zip-ties
I picked up some top1motors tow hooks
Front
Rear
Also cut the rear bumper and added mesh to match the front grill. I was going after the look of the garage works EK9. Still have to trim the lip around the exhaust.
I got rid of the eBay subframe brace, replaced it with an ASR subframe brace with matching sway bar and endlinks.
Here are a few picture of my car and my friends hatch from panda junction fall edition
By Gram0401
#360731 So here is a little update from the weekend. I changed out all of the rubber seals on both doors for ones that are in better shape and not ripped. I removed the rear seat brackets, speaker brackets and rear washer hose.
I also picked a dnd performance interior quick release. I'm not to sure if I'm going to keep it or not I don't like how far the turn signal lever is from the wheel with the aluminum hub. Image
Also added a window banner just to block the sun (don't mind the tape it's not there anymore)
I also talk to @becauseracecar on ig about the rivets that he added to his car around the door opening.
I've always been a fan of the rivets after see cars like his or the garage works eg so I went for it, here is the passenger side Image
There stainless steel rivets about 1inch a part from each other skipping over the factory spot welds I still have to take off the doors and dash to finish the last 30 or so on the passenger side
Here is the start of the driver side. Takes some time since I'm doing it by hand and not with an air rivet gun.
Image hopefully I will have some more for you soon.
By Gram0401
#360995 it's been about three weeks since I've posted, so here is a little update.

Got my RFab horn delete,quality and fitment is spot on. I will be replacing the screws next.Image

Did some more rivets around a the rear strut towers, about 54 for both sides.

Keeping with making the car stiffer I started on a rear brace. Which I will be what I'm working on in between other projects. I really didn't like the 1st one I made that much because the welds sucked, now that I'm better at welding I hope this one will turn out better. (More updates in the future for this)

I also changed out my front lca's to integra one that where refinished with new energy bushings.

But of course things never go as planned and the weld on the bolt inside the subframe broke. So I had to cut the subframe open and get a new bolt

But it all worked out in the end (still have to weld up the bolt and subframe)

I also added and integra gsr front sway bar with energy bushings and new end links, along with an integra front subframe brace.

When taking the car apart I also broke an extended wheel stud that I had to replace and since it was out I got a new wheel bearing pressed in.
So over the past few months I've been saving up parts to swap the engine. So this happened this weekend

Here is a run down of what I'm working with right now b20 high compression with a b16 trans with downstar hardware action clutch and 12lbs fly wheel, gsr linkage with bwr aluminum bushings and China tuned shifter (k-tuned version 1 shifter) new axles, starter, alternator, 4-1 header with heat wrap, after market mounts and an Ls Ecu. Still need to get an integra throttle cable and 2 bolts for the rear t-bracket.

Right now the car starts but it does idle high I think I may have a vacuum leak or their is air still trapped in the coolant. I really only have time on the weekend to mess with the car so I hope to get that sorted out this coming weekend.
Last edited by Gram0401 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Civic_HatchSI
#361038 Very cool build, I actually like the rivets its unique.