Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Graham
#343419 Id had the kanjo one for about a year and a half and was at the point of wanting to put a cage back in it, rebuild or replace the engine, probably paint the whole car etc etc so when Andi offered me this eg it made sense to buy it and sell my old one as this had all the parts i wanted plus was a bit of a better shell being a rare colour and not having had any bodywork done in the past. In the end i was cheaper doing this than pumping ££££ more into the other one, i think!

So i bought this car, decided to break my old one, then ended up selling the kanjo car almost complete meaning i had to strip both of them in order to keep what i wanted from the 2 and put the rest onto the one i was selling, within a week :lol:

Anyway, couple pics of when Andi had it

When i bought it it had:

b18c
kaaz diff gearbox
cusco/ tein coilovers
wedsport copy wheels + ad08 tyres
cusco bolt in cage with doorbars and diagonal
red recaros and some harnesses
various braces
carbon mirrors and spoiler

Sold quite a bit of stuff off it and swapped things over with my old one so all i really kept was the shell, the cage and the engine :lol:

Most will know it was stolen and crashed which is gonna be the first thing im wanting to sort on it, getting the front end 100% again then paint the engine bay and fix and tidy everything as it goes back in. Got the car moved out to my unit and started tearing it apart today so another day or so of stripping and its onto building it back up

Always hate taking the sideskirts off for the first time but luckily this one all good!

This was the damaged section that i want to replace, shame it happened in the first place :(

Cut all the damaged panels off to see exactly what i needed to replace, probably going to just bolt on the new front panel to make it easier to work on

This is the worst bit of it :(

Id been collecting parts for the last eg so have pretty much all the bits i want now, still got my mugen lip kit which will be painted and going on this, aswell as a mugen manifold, mugen twinloop exhaust, mugen airbox and to keep the theme going i bought a set of mugen mf10s - had to sell all the other wheels i had and then some to buy these so hope they look as good as im hoping they will :lol:

Worked out the front end parts i was going to need and was looking at over £300 for new panels, plus all the other odds and ends id no doubt need... so i bought this, for £300 :lol:

Its an absolute bucket dx, but has a good front end so all the parts i need and more! If anyones needing any bits off it let me know as im gonna cut it up and scrap it in the coming weeks

Got the front end stripped, wings aren't the best but got another bumper so i can fit the mugen lip to 1 and just have a spare with a vti lip on it, has a good bonnet, the front panel was in really really good shape and some good as new head lights and corners which are pretty hard to find!

Cut the front end off, got all the parts i need to get the other back up to scratch!

I bought some power folding mirrors and wind deflectors for this too, although both have turned up either fucked or for the wrong car so still on the hunt for this bits aswell as a spoiler, but got alot to get on with before i really need to worry about things like that!

stripped alot of the silver one and got just about all the damaged panels off the yellow one too so building up time now!

Got the damaged leg section cut out

Separated the new front panel and leg, need to dress it all up and weld up some holes but at the moment im just needing to get the leg finished and can worry about the front panel once the cars back on the ground and running again. Just need it to test fit everything at the moment

Hopefully get a bit more done at the weekend and carry on stripping all the seam sealer and paint out the bay!

Got the chassis leg all welded on now and trial fitted all the front end panels, pretty happy with the results!

Gonna strip it all off again and hopefully get the engine bay in primer next week! Bought some spoon suspension for it too so looking forward to trying them out!

Welded up some studs that had been sheared off, various holes and things that have ended up happening in the past! Used the pieces from the parts eg which was perfect! Sanded almost the whole engine bay back to bare metal, etch primed then painted 2k gloss white to act as a primer and also to make it easier to cover as yellow can be a nightmare! Stripped all the sealer out the wheel arches too, etch primed and white shutz them, then prepped it all again and painted it yellow finally this weekend! Been a long slog but glad i put the time into sorting the various bits that needed done to get it looking nice again!

Put a good shift in today and got the car back on 4 wheels and the engine bolted in too :thumbsup:

Got the power steering all connected up and the fuel lines, lots still to do but glad the heavy liftings over with :lol:

Just about up to date there, im working on tucking some of the wiring at the moment and just another eg6 sir for more parts, so just gotta keep working away and try and get it back together asap :thumb:
By 95DXHatch
#344074 That hatch only cost you that much?! I had to google it but that's like $500 in US currency, WTF! That thing is clean as hell compared to hatches in my town!!!
By Graham
#345791 Got the eg back on the road a couple weeks ago, its far from finished but got the basics in and working my way through the problems and finishing off all the plans i had for it, but enjoying using it now that the weathers got a bit better

Did a headlight loom tuck

Refitting the full interior as much as i can with the cusco cage, very time consuming but wanted to make it as neat as i could

I bought a red sir auto for parts for this one, got the full interior with loads of rare optional parts, the folding mirrors and the sir spoiler, wind deflectors, tonnes of parts all in great condition. Need to do a bit of welding and cutting of panels to finish off the interior but the rear half is just about done

Need to paint the mirrors and spoiler aswell as give it a good polish, then ill get some better pics! Ive handed in my notice at work so going to have alot more time to do what i want to this soon which will be good, cant wait till its all finished!
By civic666
#345879 Close to perfect! :thumb:
By Nebunul_89
#345882 Really nice car man.. gj :D
By Graham
95DXHatch wrote:That hatch only cost you that much?! I had to google it but that's like $500 in US currency, WTF! That thing is clean as hell compared to hatches in my town!!!

I didn't mention what i paid for it? It was alot more than $500 anyway! Try 10 times that and you're getting close :P Unless you mean the silver one for parts? That was so rusty, it had no sills left, no tax, no mot, no keys, no history - it was scrap! But i made my money back and more breaking it, and got a load of parts for mine so worked out quite well! Just time consuming breaking it...

Stopped even trying to keep track of what its cost me - i've bought 3 egs for parts for this 1 now :eh:

Hopefully have some more updates soon, using this everyday at the moment :thumb:
By chris_barnes
#346003 The car is so clean! Good job! Are you going to upgrade the engine? Also, what about the carpet?
By Graham
#346016 Thanks! I don't plan on really doing anything engine wise, don't see the point in spending fortunes on a b series to get 5 more bhp - rather get a k series but happy as it is for now! I need to weld a small patch behind the drivers seat and then cut the carpet for the cage which I haven't got round to yet, but it will have a carpet soon!
By 95DXHatch
#347085 Looks like civic-eg went to an earlier save or something, so my post got deleted, so I'll ask again lol :p What wheels are these? I bought a hatch with similar wheels, but I don't think they're the exact same, plus I'm pretty sure mine are just knockoffs.

And here are mine... I know it's a POS, but it's just a parts car that I got cheap so I can take the parts I like (rear speakers from the SI! and disc brakes! :D) and to manual swap my other hatch that's in a lot better shape.

By Graham
#347886 Sorry ive no idea what wheels they were, they came on an mx5 that i bought and were the only ones i had at the time that fitted!

Ive not really done a great deal to this car, i had some parts stolen off it and some thieves tried to take the whole car, so kinda lost interest in it. Just fixing their mess and finishing off a few wee things and its getting sold, pretty disappointing after a long winter working on it, never really got a chance to enjoy it...