Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Leppy
#347687 That looks good! I thought about doing that to mine too.
By JDMLYFE
Leppy wrote:That looks good! I thought about doing that to mine too.

what? the meshies? or valve cover
By Leppy
JDMLYFE wrote:

Meshies! I have a set on my car that need TLC.
By JDMLYFE
Leppy wrote:
JDMLYFE wrote:

Meshies! I have a set on my car that need TLC.

I'll never do a set of rims again lol takes a lot of time and my finger still hurts from sanding them lplol
By JDMLYFE
#347927 Anyone know how I can take the crank pulley off with the engine sitting on a tire?! The flywheel keeps turning when I try to loosen the bolt. I want to get this motor done! Just need to change t belt and water pump
By JDMLYFE
#350020 hey guys so I bought a skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 throttlebody. I decided to go all motor, cams are pretty pricey, would it be worth it to get itr cams? and I was told I should build the block? this is a budget build. what to do lol
By Leppy
JDMLYFE wrote:hey guys so I bought a skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 throttlebody. I decided to go all motor, cams are pretty pricey, would it be worth it to get itr cams? and I was told I should build the block? this is a budget build. what to do lol

Friendly advice. I've got a skunk2 intake manifold and the Alpha-series throttle body.

The manifold works great, but the TB is trash. Mine will not stay in voltage range for the TPS and the idle jumps, despite months of tweaking and tuning and using the OEM TPS sensors and an aftermarket one. I don't think i'm alone in that, either.

So just be wary of it, i'm gonna junk mine next month for an Edlebrock or BWR that come with a pre-tuned TPS.
By JDMLYFE
#350022 really?! no way. yea I got the 70mm tb :(
By Leppy
JDMLYFE wrote:really?! no way. yea I got the 70mm tb :(

Mine is 66mm. Hopefully the larger ones are better. Does yours come with a TPS pre-installed? Mine was bare and I had to re-use the OEM one.

If it has one pre-installed, great. If not, I've found best performance if you can get the idle at a perfect 0.5 volt with OEM TPS only. The aftermarket ones will not stay in tune. Mine goes over-voltage when I floor it and the CEL pops on, and runs it rich.
By JDMLYFE
#350024 no it didn't come with one, ill be using the oem one.
By JDMLYFE
#350025 what are the best cams to use? iv seen most are around 500+ new. plus I need dual springs etc,
By JDMLYFE
#350239 anyone
By JDMLYFE
#350914 hey guys so major updates(kinda) lol got the motor together and in car, have a few questions.

block:
stock b16a
engine:
b16a
supertech valve seals
supertech valvetrain kit
skunk2 intake mani
skunk2 70mm throttle body
4-2-1 dc headers
whale penis intake
i will be putting blox stage 1 cams later on..

does anyone know what my power will be like( roughly) also should i get it tuned even though im not putting cams in yet?
By rootbeer_eg
#350933 i don`t know what horsepower you`ll be looking at but i will recommend that you get a tune !
By JDMLYFE
#350934 Even without installing the cams?!