Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 99integraGSR
#342251 well ive had my integra at the current setup for 2 years now and ran an 11.750 at 120 mph leaving it in 3rd gear and backed it up with the run after with an 11.80 at 118 mph. i have everything but a clutch to put the 6765 ball bearing billet on my car and need to do a cage so i am legal at the track but i cant put a cage through the perfect interior of the teg so i bought this 1993 civic hatch for 750 bucks and started working on it

Start with the pictures

Here are the pics of what the car looked like when i bought it minus the stock spoiler i took off to trade to someone.

Here is a pic of the engine and engine bay

and after i removed the drivetrain

and the interior after i started removing some of it already

After i removed the carpet showing how nasty it was

Last edited by 99integraGSR on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 99integraGSR
#342252 Here is the interior after some cleaning

Here is the progression of the dash in and removing it and everything behind it

Behind dash

with the blower motor, heater core, and everything else removed

Showing the firewall mat

and without the mat and everything removed

here is some project pics of the engine bay after doing some of the wire tuck and cleaning

here is pics of the cowl with the wipers and motor removed

and after some cleaning

I got rear disk conversion for the car and decided to sand blaster and paint all of the parts

And here is a pic of the calipers black ones are with all the nasty grease and dirt on them and the new looking ones are after sand blasting

Last edited by 99integraGSR on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 99integraGSR
#342253 I also removed all the sound deadener out of the car (dry ice works AMAZING!!) also removed all the seat belts and speakers out of the car.

here are pics of the engine bay getting ready to start shaving the bay

By 99integraGSR
#342254 We should be taking it over to my buddies house this weekend to start shaving the bay. we will start with welding up all the holes that are not needed and making fill in plates for the bigger holes and getting those welded in there. start grinding all the welds down smooth. then we will start removing the seam sealer and hopefully start putting the filler in to get everything smooth.

hoping to get atleast some of the bondo in this weekend but we will see how fast we work. After we get the engine bay ready for paint we will do the body work on the car and weld up the side molding holes and then paint the bay and the body. after the body and bay are painted i will be running the -8 feed and -6 return for the fuel system and put the dual 340 pumps in the tank. Then it will be ready to start transferring everything over from the integra to the civic.
By TrailerTrash
#342262 welcome dude

nice project cant wait for more!
By JUICE
#342292 See people, old Hondas don't die, they just get faster. :lol: Subscribed. :thumb:

And damn, you have an LS trans on that setup?
By 99integraGSR
#342294 no its a GSR transmission with mfactory 4.05 final drive, helical LSD and carbon lined synchros. on the slicks i can go through the traps in 3rd at 118 and not touch the rev limitor but when i went 120 i hit the rev limiter two time. the rev limitor is at 9300 RPMs.

Its like the last 50 ft i need to shift into 4th so screw that lol. when i get the big turbo on we are hoping for 140-150 in the 1/4
By 99integraGSR
#342394 Ok got some work done on the engine bay. got all the studs cut off the firewall and grinded down and all the unwanted holes wire wheeled and ready to be welded. i REALLY REALLY hope i dont weld up any holes that i need!! tomorrow we should be welding up all the holes and getting the sheet metal plugs made for the bigger holes as well.

waiting for the tow truck

Me grinding away

How it looks after wiring wheeling and grinding

Last edited by 99integraGSR on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 99integraGSR
#342404 Well we started and got most of the holes welded up. There is a crap ton of holes in a honda bay its insane. spent all day welding holes and making plates to fill the bigger holes. next up is grinding everything down smooth and move to the next step.

Last edited by 99integraGSR on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#342405 keep it up :thumb:
By 99integraGSR
#342421 i fixed all the links to the pics sorry about that
By 99integraGSR
#342753 got some grinding done this weekend. should be able to start with the body filler next week and then start the sanding for years