Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Leppy
TrailerTrash wrote:make sure you check the threads for that year mount closely. it might be welded in place because the PO stripped the bolt holes out trying to get it to line up. or maybe they were stripped out and he thought his only choice was to make a new mount and weld it

I've actually inspected the threads, and thankfully the ones I could reach were all still intact.

The guy made the front and tranny mounts first and mounted it up, then welded the rear mount into place where it sat. Should point out that the front and tranny mounts are fabrications, where the rear mount is a factory style.

Why he did that, I have no idea... but it's a salvageable situation.

And since this is a secondary toy, I'll get a new subframe if push comes to shove.
By Leppy
#353716 Every time I drive this car, I fall more and more in love with it.
By FlopUrDonk
#353718 Yep. I'm head over heals for mine. I find myself taking the long way home every time. Lol.
By Leppy
#355515 So now that we're done with 100+ degree heat, I'm gonna start working more on my cars again. I removed the rear seats and seat belts, and cleaned up some wiring, and will turn the whole back into a cargo hold of sorts. I've got some woodland camo netting that'll be here soon for the hold.

Also, my computer science senior design project for my graduation semester (finally!) is to create an OBD-I digital dashboard over the next few months. The plan is hardwiring the tach, TP, and a few other sensors into a harness, and plugging in an embedded system to work on a separate 7 inch screen.

Also might be adding the other woodland camo paint colors after it starts to cool off a little more.
By Leppy
#355628 Camo mesh netting, oversized rubber trunk mat, and 400 watt power inverter installed. Now it's feeling more useful.
By Driv-it-hard
Leppy wrote:So now that we're done with 100+ degree heat, I'm gonna start working more on my cars again. I removed the rear seats and seat belts, and cleaned up some wiring, and will turn the whole back into a cargo hold of sorts. I've got some woodland camo netting that'll be here soon for the hold.

Also, my computer science senior design project for my graduation semester (finally!) is to create an OBD-I digital dashboard over the next few months. The plan is hardwiring the tach, TP, and a few other sensors into a harness, and plugging in an embedded system to work on a separate 7 inch screen.

Also might be adding the other woodland camo paint colors after it starts to cool off a little more.

I want to see this when your done .
Thanks.
By Leppy
#356163 Time for an update. Here's what my two girls look like currently in a rainstorm!

Pics of the rear seats removed with a rubber floor mat and two-color camo netting. Comes in handy this way, as it really opens up the rear to be used. Eventually I'll have some bug-out gear packed and some sort of canvas tent that can go over the back to turn the entire rear into a camp-out, kinda like a caranex tent.

By Leppy
#356233 I did something very unique. Shortened the rails from an '04 Suzuki XL-7's roof rack I found in a junkyard and bolted it to the EG's roof. It's very sturdy and secure. This is just a teaser shot, since I gotta trim off the extra silicone sealant when it dries tomorrow. Also found a windshield washer jug, pump, and nozzles at the junkyard and fit them so I can actually use my wipers. :)

By Leppy
#356241 Wired up my digital dashboard project. Tapped into VTEC solenoid, RPM, Fuel gauge, and Coolant Temperature. Left the plugs out so I can test while moving to check voltage ranges.

Also, here are more pics of the roof rails. :)

By Leppy
Loaf31 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Those rails look damn good on your hatch! it definitely goes with the whole style that you're going for. Props to you, that looks sick!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks! I lot of hard work went into this hatch, I'm genuinely proud of her despite it being a pain in the ass when I first got her.
By Leppy
#356595 My digital dashboard project is taking shape. Just gotta make a few more voltage dividers and graph some data, and I can begin coding it all up.