Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Dr.D
#338754 Just recently bought myself a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback 5-speed standard D15 322xxx and running strong. This is my first Honda and I don't a whole lot about them. This one is decently quick and I've enjoyed it so far it has been good fun. I'll be uploading more pictures and updates on any upgrades done to it. So far all that has been done to it:

Blacked out lights all around
Fog lights added
Air intake
Front strut tower bar
Magnaflow muffler
Oil/oil filter, spark plug, fuel filter, changed
Cross-drilled front rotors
Interior upgraded/cleaned
New windshield
Alpine deck
New battery
Injector cleaner run threw tank
Mirrors replaced(cracked before)
Studded snow tires(Oh Canada)
and a whole bunch of damage and random problems from previous owners

Future plans:

Repair the typical Honda cancer that has gotten carried away
Fab rails for racing seats that were just sitting loose inside when I got it
Lower
Replace fog lights with a proper setup
HID conversion
Repaint(clear coat is gone from pillars up to roof)
Cover head liner with black fabric
Turbo the SOHC? :hehe:
New spoiler
Full body kit
Power locks and install my viper alarm system
Build sub box into spare tire and cover with trunk carpet
Remote start(Oh Canada) :P
Change all gaskets seals
Clutch
Fix dash and interior lights
Install mud flaps
Wheel bearings
Tint windows

Any useful info you wish you had when you first got on the Honda scene you wish someone had told you would be great or comments advise please post it
Thank you looking forward to meeting my fellow Honda lovers!
Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
By Dr.D
#338755 Before I bought her

First day home

First snow fall Image
Last edited by Dr.D on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#338780 My Civic

Tail lights blacked out

Magnaflow purrs

Winter studded tires

Civic engine bay

Civic interior

So far this is her. Owned for two weeks fun for my first Honda.
Last edited by Dr.D on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#338946 Powder coated GSR rims wrapped with Anezis grip grip grippy rubber.

Last edited by Dr.D on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#338949 Image

I am a certified Zombie killer

Just added 'aggressive' bra I modified what do you think? With Subi.
Last edited by Dr.D on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#339046 APC seat mounted

I know it's not much of a build yet and I'm at rookie status but what do you guys think so far? I'm really enjoying the Civic :thumb:
Before I owned this I was a committed RWD enthusiast.
Who can guess what my other project is?
:hehe: :hehe: RWD inline-six goodness.
Last edited by Dr.D on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By teal_dx
#339048 I like the black GSR wheels :thumb: Those are a great upgrade because they're 14x6" and still pretty light = sleeper status.
The fogs on the front are growing on me, if they were mounted more evenly. They make the civic look like a rally car.
Whenever I see that color (tahitian green pearl) I wish I never painted my civic army green. I think that's my favorite OEM color :thumb:

And nice Supra :thumb:
By Dr.D
#339049 Thank you 8) they were just powder coated fresh and ready to sit until winter is over :p agreed they are surprisingly light and those Falken AZENIS rt615s are so so Grippy! :o the fog lights haven't really been that appealing to me the way they were butchered in there by previous owner but when you put it that way I definitely see the rally carish. :lol: I love the color as well going to keep it stock color when I repaint it maybe with a hint of black/grey flake to darken it just a bit. You can always come back to the oem color side :hehe:
By Dr.D
#339050 8) I love my MKll been dreaming of hearing that UZ rumble growling from it lately but as is right now just a stock 5m-ge.

By deschlong
#339072 Nice pick up but before you start throwing $$ at it, save your pennies get that rust fixed STAT. It will be the best long-term investment you can imagine.
By Civic_HatchSI
#339077 Nice little project eg you got there! I love teal, defiantly one of my fav colors.

Also post more info on the Subaru please!!! I have one as well lol
By Dr.D
deschlong wrote:Nice pick up but before you start throwing $$ at it, save your pennies get that rust fixed STAT. It will be the best long-term investment you can imagine.

Thanks :D oh for sure I am just starting to work at Maaco auto body I am going to put all my parts on my account when I'm on full time. Paint the roof the clear has all come off :thumbdown:
By Dr.D
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Nice little project eg you got there! I love teal, defiantly one of my fav colors.

Also post more info on the Subaru please!!! I have one as well lol

:woot2: I've had it for a month so far it has treated me great so far it is a surprising amount of fun and great color my second favorite next to black for the Eg.

I will post more that is a blast to drive! Something about AWD turboness. This is my sister's car I wish I owned such a beast! What Subi do you have?? Pictures?
By deschlong
#339091 Re: Your signature .... technically it's not bone stock anymore since you put that funky seat in there. Just sayin'. :hehe:
By Dr.D
deschlong wrote:Re: Your signature .... technically it's not bone stock anymore since you put that funky seat in there. Just sayin'. :hehe:

True enough now updated.The seat yes is out of place but came with the Civic and more comfy.