Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Dr.D
#339486 @Civic_HatchSI That's awesome of all the engines and models they are the same :thumb: I forget the year the swapped engine came from but wow is it ever quick yours must put up back in your seat with the cash you've dropped into yours I wouldn't mind taking that out for a spin :wink: I just read threw the whole post on your Subaru and my sister has a lot of similar problems with hers it doesn't start very well speedo cable broken you say the ground on the fuel pump was the cause of the rough start? That paint job on the Subaru looks great! I love the work you've done to it.

@egsedanguy :o what happened to your P-type?? I've had one P-type before this one and one 85 Celica GT-S. I plan to turn mine into a drift machine = 1UZ V8 made by Lexus one day.

1985 Celica 22r-e not enough power! And very unreliable so I upgraded.

My first 1984 Celica Supra (Celica XX) P-Type threw a connecting rod drifting(RWD FTW) then found another P-Type in better shape

New Supra in much better condition less rust

Swapped auto for a 5-speed standard

My Supra + Steve G. old Rolla widebody(Rolla sold not for sale anymore)

Toys!

Yota bums :woot:
By Ahkten
#339996 Woo hoo another BC hatch. Gotta love our quater panel rust hey? Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see more!
By Dr.D
Ahkten wrote:Woo hoo another BC hatch. Gotta love our quater panel rust hey? Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see more!

Yes yes another BC hatchy :thumb: I've grown to love the old Honda it's been so much fun :) and with my Magnaflow exhaust I welded on myself it has a nice rumble to it rather then a farty lawnmower sound to it that so many kids seem to like doing to their Civics which turned me into a Honda hater before owning this baby (that and the lack of RWD/driftability). I think the previous owner has also swapped this one from a auto with a SI trans the gear ratio is really low and it picks up so quick for a D15, LOTs of torque! Lol yes the rust is just awful jeez is it ever embarrassing but once I get full time rather then the part time I'm doing right now at the local Maaco I'll be fixing that right away. Thanks Nick I read your build your hatch is super clean great job on it love the black! You need some ek side skirts on there :hehe: I'll be posting any updates done for sure. Just about to go replace my alternator it seems to be cracked... And has not been charging my battery lost lights heater then spark on my way home the other night... Fun stuff. :roll:
By Dr.D
egsedanguy wrote:@Dr.D Had some electrical issues. I was 17 and was still supper noob status so i sold it. Had 6m-ge jdm swap. was fun for an old beast.. :thumb:

Oh okay fair enough I did the same for my first Celica with a 22re had a blown head gasket(typical yota) started dismantling engine got way over my head at my noob status so I sold it to buy a running Supra with the 5m in it been in love with her ever since can't let her go. 6m nice! Must have been a little drift machine.
By Dr.D
#340992 Image

So I decided to form some fender flares for now to "hide" my rust until I fix it :? what do you think??
Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
By deschlong
#340998 No. Looks dumb, and more trouble than it's worth. Just fix the rust. This should cost you about 600-800 cash. Buy your patch panels online (ebay) for about 120 delivered, both sides. A good body shop man will have it done over ~2 to 3 days, during which time you can carpool or take the bus to work if it's your DD.
By Phoenix288
#341001 I know for a fact that the panels cost about $80 a piece from the dealers.

The repair costs at a bodyshop always depend but bringing the parts cheapens the price.
By Dr.D
deschlong wrote:No. Looks dumb, and more trouble than it's worth. Just fix the rust. This should cost you about 600-800 cash. Buy your patch panels online (ebay) for about 120 delivered, both sides. A good body shop man will have it done over ~2 to 3 days, during which time you can carpool or take the bus to work if it's your DD.

:? Thanks for the input deschlong I know it doesn't look good but I personally don't think it looks dumb to me it looks better then cancer filled panels it isn't permanent I'm saving my pennies for new panel then I'll cut and weld them in myself at the local Maaco I work at on weekends I get the shop discount there :woot2: it wasn't all that much trouble these are off a Jetta just cut and shaped them and screwed them on to avoid getting a inspection if I got pulled over. Believe me if I had $$ I wouldn't be cutting corners like this I would love to fix all the issues she has and get her mint.
By Dr.D
#341224 Image

Matching APC seats installed

Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#341818 Image

Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#341919 Painted my roof gloss black just with a rattle can :?

:hehe:

Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#342007 Image
Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
#342036 Image

My black roof looking good 8)
Last edited by Dr.D on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.