Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Adriano Martins
#338674 Good afternoon!

So, my name is Adriano. I've lived in USA for a while and since I left Brazil I already loved these Hondas. As soon as I got back home, I started to save money and buy my dream's car.

Unfortunately, cars and parts here are soooooooooooooooo expensive, you have no idea!

So, thats how I bought my car, for aprox. U$3.500,00

I had to rebuild the engine and Thanks to one american friend that came over to visit brazil, I could make it with good parts. He brought in his case:

- Vitara Pistons 75.5mm
- RCAutoworks Custom Rods
- Stage II CLutchmasters
- Gasket Kit
- ARP Head Bolts
- Gates Gatcing Thermostat
- Some other lil parts.

So, It was a long work and I spent like U$5.000,00 to rebuild the engine, just like a stock. FML I know... Living here when u want to have a Turbo civic SUCKS.

My plans is to finish 2014 with the turbo kit installed (I will import 90% of the parts from USA, so if I find a friend here, it would help me a lot bc we can try to negotiate sending parts and me paying the shipping and a "comission" for helping)

Initial objective: 200whp
Turbo pressure: 0,9 bar
By Adriano Martins
#338676 Pictures of the car how it is right now:

EXTRA: VIDEO :D

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_Ow_9Fvd0&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dkx_Ow_9Fvd0%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/video]
By Adriano Martins
#339051 So, as you guys see, I have an RCautowork Rods + Vitara Pistons. In you opinion, how much whp can I take (safe) on this kit?

And this weekend I went to a drag race. I got 11.506 in the 200m. Not that bad. Got to almost beat a B16 Ej1; hahahahaha

It was my first time in a race. Definitely I will go more times. I liked it a lot!
By JUICE
#339066 Nice project you got goin. I know a guy running high 10's @ 128 in the 1/4 mile on a pretty simple vitara build, not sure of his whp but I'd say he's pushing it to the limit.

I thought Hondas were pretty big there? Sucks to hear parts are so expensive/hard to source. What about like the shop that has the white 8 second new civic sedan?
By deschlong
#339069 Nice. So this is a Brazilian domestic market Civic? Can you post a few more pictures of the interior? I'd like to see inside it more! :) Also, can you post a few photos of the fire extinguisher under the front seat? I'd like to see how it is mounted. Thanks, and very nice work!
By mitch6
deschlong wrote:Nice. So this is a Brazilian domestic market Civic? Can you post a few more pictures of the interior? I'd like to see inside it more! :) Also, can you post a few photos of the fire extinguisher under the front seat? I'd like to see how it is mounted. Thanks, and very nice work!

I was just gona ask about the fire extinguisher!

Please post more pics of the interior, and car is coming along nice man! :thumb:
By Adriano Martins
JUICE wrote:Nice project you got goin. I know a guy running high 10's @ 128 in the 1/4 mile on a pretty simple vitara build, not sure of his whp but I'd say he's pushing it to the limit.

I thought Hondas were pretty big there? Sucks to hear parts are so expensive/hard to source. What about like the shop that has the white 8 second new civic sedan?

Thank you!

So, the 200m is half of the 1/4 mile. Geezz 10's is definitely fast haha'

And Hondas are big over here (have a lot), but the our market doesn't produces performance parts for Hondas.. 99% of them needs to be imported from USA.

The shop that you're talking about, probably uses imported parts also.. :/

Yeah I know, it sucks. All the parts that I'm planning to buy for my project is going to be from USA...
By Adriano Martins
deschlong wrote:Nice. So this is a Brazilian domestic market Civic? Can you post a few more pictures of the interior? I'd like to see inside it more! :) Also, can you post a few photos of the fire extinguisher under the front seat? I'd like to see how it is mounted. Thanks, and very nice work!

So, my civic was imported from Canada. He wasn't built over here. And what do you mean by Brazilian domestic market? (sorry, I'm not that good with these terms yet) About the pictures,I will do as soon as I get home. Thank you!
Last edited by Adriano Martins on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Adriano Martins
mitch6 wrote:

I was just gona ask about the fire extinguisher!

Please post more pics of the interior, and car is coming along nice man! :thumb:

Thank you! And I don't get it. Why are you guys interessed in how the fire extinguisher is mounted? haha
By Adriano Martins
#339108 ohh, I have another question for you guys: I use my car daily drive, and my project is a 250whp. Before I start the turbo setup, I want to finish my suspension, because the OEM is soooooo "opposite of stiff, i forgot the word" and I don't feel very "safe" in corners..

So, as I don't have a lot of money atm, I was looking at some springs to lower my car and make it more stiff in corners and I found two options: (If you guys have more suggestions, I would like to hear)

Megan Racing Coilovers (Would cost me U$129.95 + U$61.99 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Adjustabl ... 19&vxp=mtr

Tein S Springs (Would cost me U$138.00 + U$109.70 Shipping)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Adjustabl ... 19&vxp=mtr

I would be willing to buy it used too, so if you know anyone that is selling and ship to Brazil, tell me please! Thank you guys!
By teal_dx
#339907 Either the Megan or Tein would be an excellent choice :thumb:

Also you got lucky finding such a clean EG... there's not very many left in the US that are that clean with no rust! :thumb: