Post YOUR Hatchback here
By xzachrickx
#337492 OK so i have had my eg for a couple years and im going to post my build thread link up from a local forum and then start on here where i left off. hope you all enjoy. ill be updateding as more happens. btw not very good at the forum posting game lol.

Here is a couple pictures from over the last couple years
first day i had my car. blown d15 lol never work on a car other then oil changes and i need to do a new head gasket on this.

22463_108636489148098_6123987_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

there was not a single straight panel on it and the quarters where rusted away. my dad and i did all the body work and this is where we started at, becuase everything else would be way easier then replaceing the quarters.

22463_108636395814774_6099679_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

Next swapped a b16 sirII, Image
24537_110940628917684_7555468_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

start autoxing and learning the car and what it car do.

285250_251565528188526_3690141_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

209816_111182878964477_6452768_o by xzachrickx, on Flickr

Then decided i wanted more power and went h2b, and i love it.
254287_227277520617327_7988496_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

stickydilljoe took this picture of my car 2 years ago at IA
284663_251039464907799_1276033_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr

i have since been working on a built block and turbo setup!! hoping for some good power number. here is the mock up this far.
577186_564700223541720_1691016960_n by xzachrickx, on Flickr
By xzachrickx
#337493 been piecing this build together for a long time now, and im getting pretty close to get it all put in. bought the bottom end almost 2 years ago and since then have been getting parts here and there as i see good deals on them. my motor build this far is...

sleeved h22...
darton sleeves
engle rods
wisco piston
arp everything
brain crower stage 2 turbo cams
ferrea valves
supertech spring/retainers
custom top mount turbo
67MM presicion
kstuned bs kit
kstuned tensioner
aem fuel rail
sk2 port match intake/70mm tb
2200 gram injectors

sleeved h22 by xzachrickx, on Flickr

ill will be trying to update my h build as often as i can.
By xzachrickx
#337495 Building the trans right now.

been useing a b16 trans on my N/A setup and had broke the diff.
so i pulled the trans out and got to work
put an lsd in it and made sure all the synchros where is ok shape till i pull it back out once all the boost stuff was ready. put new axles seals in. was not sure what tools to use :/
By xzachrickx
#337496 ended up geting a gsr trans for cheap because it would not shift 5th or reverse. they are on the same shift fork and they had smashed the case with the fork seats so it was kinda fucked.

pulled it apart and decided that i want alittle longer gears then the b16 gearing i have now so im going to put the gsr gear stacks into the b16 case. only because the b16 and gsr cases are different and my lsd is for a b16. so it is going to be a bb16 case with gsr 1-4 and an ls 5th, b16 lsd, mircoe polished gears and shafts, with carbon synchros. should be able to handel a good amount of power. i dont want to do straight cut gears, i want to still street drive it ok lol
the gsr trans had some metal in it and checked out the gears also this is what i found. :/
found out what the gear ratios were so i knew for sure what trans i and, since it had no vin tag on it.
By xzachrickx
#337497 comp tiwn disc clutch and some drive shaft shop 3.9s
By teal_dx
#337508 Everyone says the h22 puts a lot of weight over the front of the car... Did you notice any difference with the weight of an h22 turbo when auto-xing?
Love this build btw :thumb:
By xzachrickx
#337517 once I had done the H2b I had on autocross to a couple times because the b16 gearing is much too short. I found myself shifting a lot 2nd to 3rd killing my overall time. The car is currently my daily driver and I am still doing stuff to the other motor. So it has been determined yet just been doing a lot of mockup making sure everything will be perfect
By xzachrickx
#337601 so the other day i was driving and it felt like my pressure plate was messed up. the pedal kept kicking back at me as if the pressure plate was wrapped. went to pull the clutch and go ahead and out my comp twin in, and when i pull the trans i saw this.... :/

that was cause a loss mid shaft. and yes that is a quaife lsd :( hoping my buddy can polish it up some and save it. i have to pull the trans a part to see what the loose piece is at the bottom. and since this is my current daily, time to throw a gsr trans in it. guess it will give me time to build the b16/gsr/ls/lsd hybrid trans lol
By xzachrickx
#337602 Image
b16 trans on the top left, and old clutch on bottom right. excedy oem replace disc and stage 2 pressure plate maybe. idk bought it used 4 1/2 years ago and has would great for 4 swaps. putting the gsr (top right) and comp twin disc in now.
By xzachrickx
#337603 Swapped trannys and clutch setups last night took some pics as i was gonig.
By xzachrickx
#337604 when installing a twin disc or a triple, a good way to line everything up nice, straight, and solid. use a main shaft from a transmission. worls great!!! and then you know you wont be fighting the trans on because your little plastic alinment tool is junk and flexes.

By xzachrickx
#337605 was bored at work today so i decided to go ahead and doing some learning. so i took some gsr gear sets i had and took them apart very very carefully, payying attention to ever little detail and the placement of everything. i had order some carbon synrohcs and wanted to install them, and saturdays are slow as fuck. so here is what i did to stay awake lol
Assembled
took them apart and try to organize them
pulled stock synrocs
notice the thickness of the teeth on the syncrhocs, reverese is different and kits do not come with a reverse. they dont every really need replaced, and if the did no reason for a carbon one lol

all i did after that was do everthing i did before but in reverse lol i pulled them all apart about 5 times just practiceing what i was doing haha

here is the thickness of the reverse synchor
it is over double, maybe triple the thickness lol here are some matched up to it, cant really match 3 up but you get the idea
here are what carbons synchors look like if you have never seen them
where stock are just brass inside and out

when installing carbon synchors you want to soak them in the tranny fulid before installing. i did not. i was just messing around and wanting to learn how the shafts are assebled. so this was all just for fun, and learning. becasue reading shit like this doesnt mean you can do it, but actually doing it means you can lol.
By Punksz6
#337695 Great Build and Awesome Work! :thumb: