Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Wonabe
#336859 Image
Hey everyone, I'm Wonabe and this is my 1993 Civic DX!

I just bought her, completely unmolested except for a D16Y8 swap.
It's a bare bones base model, manual everything with only 1 mirror.
It was a steal for 1500$ considering EG hatches suffer from markup almost as bad as the "drift tax" on 240's around here. It came with the original manual, spare, tool kit, brand new kumho's etc, even has a flawless interior! :woot:

I'll be posting my progress as I go, it'll probably be slow since I'm on the budget of an 18 year old fastfood worker. I spend the wee hours in the morning running the local mountain passes, mostly long sweeping corners and switchbacks so I'll be focusing on handling. And looks, for the ladies! :thumb:

Here's my two previous civic, a 89 Si a 93 LX.
By Wonabe
#337357 Not much beyond a rough idea of what I want cosmetically.

I'm new to "performance" modifications so I'll be shaping my goals as I learn. The main problems that occur during "spirited" driving ATM

-When cresting hills at 80mph+ it feels "weightless"
-Violent jerk of the steering wheel when it "lands" ^
-Violent "settling" feeling to the chassis when it "lands"^^
-Rear feels like it's "sliding" out if I let off the throttle in a corner
-The same feeling occurs when turning while braking very hard

If anyone knows a good budget shock/strut/spring combo or something I'd appreciate hearing from you. I could care less if I "tuck tire". :wink:

Here's what I've got done recently

1st day I got her

Spray painted my corners amber

Added oem SiR decals, minus the "DOHC" portion.

Got some more DA rims.

Finished stripping and sanding.

Polished up, waiting for a good set of tires.

Old EG8 came to see me, I painted the valve cover and cleaned the bay.

A before shot for a "before and after" of my bay when I'm done

Minty interior. Swapping to black/tan if I can afford a nice black paint job.

I also pulled some junkyard upgrades I'll be putting on later (92-95 EX rear sway, second y8 exaust mani to "Moose Mod"). I'll be working on the bay and motor while I study up on suspension the next few weeks :)
By Ajax1989
#337364 for suspension don't go cheap!

save your penny's and get the best stuff out there

if I still had my civic i'd personally go with (sold for a nissan)
*buddy club coilovers
*buddy club front and rear camber kits
*buddy club rear lca's
*addco front and rear sway bars
(if you ran addco iirc you wont need a subframe brace for the rear and remember bigger isn't always better)
*upgrade the brakes to the bigger front off the ex/si
*rear disc conversion, yes you can use them off the DA teggys
(direct swap everything)
*good sticky tires, neogens, re11's etc..
*good name brand strut braces IE. carbing, cusco

this was my plans for my eg before I sold it
and its still my plan once I get back debt and school
loans paid off and a I find a perfect ej2 for a track car.

now welcome to civic-eg the happiest eg forum EVER
if you have any problems(non tech question) feel free to PM me or any other
MOD, we have the 5 gold wrenchs!
By Wonabe
#339076 On the evening of 11/16/13 my hatch went to Honda heaven. It met it's end sideways by impacting a large wooden post concreted into the ground.
I'll leave you to decide how fast you think I was going :lol:

Odd as it sounds striking the post almost certainly saved my life, as the car began to roll during the slide. You can see how high the initial point of impact was, both driver side wheels where completely off the ground when I smacked it. I tweaked my neck pretty bad and nearly put my skull through the driver window but was able to get it out of there within a few minutes free of any citations etc.

Since I last posted I added 15" FN01R-C in frost white and BC valves, springs, and retainers on both intake and exaust, as well as painting my valve cover and getting done detailing before the wiretuck.

The wreck collapsed the fender apron, tore the seams apart where the shock tower met as well as where the inner fender met with the cabin. It also twisted up the passenger frame rail, sheared the upper ball joint in halve and folded the upper control arm in half as well as ripping out all the mounting points :(

I got lucky and had someone in the local car scene trade me this pretty-much-stock 95 EX for it and 200$. I'm not into EJ's so I will not be building it but I hope to be in another EG soon.

Please be safe everybody, you never know what kind of idiot you'll end up sharing the road with :x