Post YOUR Hatchback here
By dialup
#331878 This is my new lady. Wanting to upgrade and mod for looks and performance. Where should I start and what should I get? Gotta replace the fenders and hood but after that? She's holding the stock D15B7. Got 15" white rims at the moment.

Will add new photos later.
Last edited by dialup on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Zackman
#331879 Nice car! as with any car before you mod for performance or looks you should get it so it's running perfect. Basic maintenance such as oil and transmission fluids, coolant, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter and air filters are a personal must for me whenever I get a car. After that, If you plan on keeping the D15b7 motor, there are many routes for performance. You can do Intake, headers and exhaust, a chipped ECU and a cam, or a mini me swap with a z6 head, or a 1000 other things. Before you do engine work you might want to do brakes and suspension. That's why people love these cars so much. They handle fantastic and they're super light weight.

Good luck and keep us updated!

(Keep the teal color)
By dialup
Zackman wrote:Nice car! as with any car before you mod for performance or looks you should get it so it's running perfect. Basic maintenance such as oil and transmission fluids, coolant, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter and air filters are a personal must for me whenever I get a car. After that, If you plan on keeping the D15b7 motor, there are many routes for performance. You can do Intake, headers and exhaust, a chipped ECU and a cam, or a mini me swap with a z6 head, or a 1000 other things. Before you do engine work you might want to do brakes and suspension. That's why people love these cars so much. They handle fantastic and they're super light weight.

Good luck and keep us updated!

(Keep the teal color)

Thanks! I'm not sure yet if I want to keep the engine and do a mini-me or a full swap. The fellow I bought it off said the engine is a rebuild and I had it inspected and the guy said there were tiny oil leaks but everything else was pristine. I'm wanting to put in some coilovers and either cold air intake or short ram.
By dialup
JUICE wrote:Nice pickup. Those rear quarters look really good for a Canuck car!

The rear quarters are very nice but the front fenders and hood not so much. I will upload more recent photos in a couple days.
By AutoXRacer
#331901 Hayy another calgarian. =)
Clean car by the way! Good starting platform.
If you need some parts locally or need a hand finding some performance parts locally, let me know and I have a bunch of extras and a buddy of mine has a bunch of parts for sale on here actually.
By dialup
#335517 Removed back seats and replaced with this.

Also, got a free D16A6 to put in after i get some work done to it! It came with a 5-speed transmission from a 92 Civic SI attached to it. Good deal?

Also, started getting some white into it!
By nd1983
dialup wrote:Also, got a free D16A6 to put in after i get some work done to it! It came with a 5-speed transmission from a 92 Civic SI attached to it. Good deal?

i didn't know EGs came with d16a6. i thought only pre 92 SIs

but still free is a good price

aswell your car is most likely a hydro clutch. and the L3 trans that stock with a D16A6 will be cable. so hopefully you got the parts to work with it.
Last edited by nd1983 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dialup
nd1983 wrote:
dialup wrote:Also, got a free D16A6 to put in after i get some work done to it! It came with a 5-speed transmission from a 92 Civic SI attached to it. Good deal?

i didn't know EGs came with d16a6. i thought only pre 92 SIs

but still free is a good price

The D16A6 is out of a CRX but the guy who gave it to me had a transmission out of a 92 SI on it.
By TrailerTrash
#335527 free is a hell of a deal for that :thumb:

good start dude i like where this is hopefully going

build that suspension up!
By FG2_Andrew
#335537 free rules. even if the head is trash or something, you can still part out for more than you're in it.

i love free
By TrailerTrash
#335545 you can use the cam ut of that engine and build a "D15Beast7"

google it
By dialup
TrailerTrash wrote:you can use the cam ut of that engine and build a "D15Beast7"

google it

I read this and immediately started googling! Thanks!

I'm starting to think this is the path I want to take now. I will first convert it over to manual transmission and all that before I switch cam shaft, exhaust mani, etc... A note said the A6 cam will decrease power and mileage on an automatic.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/149636-definitive-d15b7-a6-zc-cam-post.html
By dialup
#338784 Just finished installing my DIY Rear Seat Delete. Built it out of 3/4 MDF and 2x4's. Also installed a box for my 12" JL Audio W1v3. Hopefully will have the wiring done tomorrow for amp and sub installation. Pics will be posted as soon as I get a chance.