Post YOUR Hatchback here
By AutoXRacer
DeanPant wrote:Are you painting it yourself? i sent it in to a mate who did it, ive attempted to paint a bonnet before and it came out baaaad - i was useless lol.
he used 2k paint i think. Do you have a build thread?? im keen to check it out

@ AutoXRacer - lol id sell it fast if i lived in the US, id be happy with an OEM bonnet but there's not many EG hatches this side of the world - they were never sold locally so this 1 is an import.. means parts are very hard to come by :thumbdown:

haha yeah i know how you feel, I wish some parts were easy to come by here in Canada, Shipping fees are rediculous!. lol

and with most of the build threads I have seen, 95% of you guys repaint your cars, I was debating on it because the finish product is amazing, but I have decided that me and a few buddies that do wrapping and tinting are going to 3M DI-Noc Wrap my entire car in High Gloss Black when I am done with the body work. you can see my build thread at the top of my signature. I just came to the conclusion that paint will chip, fade, and crack. The only issues I would have to worry about is peeling, but if we put it on correctly, we should be good. =P

your paint looks amazing though. I wish I coudl get some Carbon parts here for a decent price, everything is always soo overpriced!,
By EG {FIVE-500}
#335271 Yea I decided to do it my self for a cheaper job so I could fund more money into parts but after you have baught materials tools and everything else it ends up being the same price :? Apart from I get to keep all the tools at the end. :lol: 2k isn't that bad tbh it's really strong paint but wrapping does sound interesting have seen some cars done and you can hardly tell the difference will check your thread out :thumb:
By DeanPant
#335419 Been away from my pc for awhile, went away for the weekend, then promptly started to strip my sedan the day i got back haha :thumb:

engine will be out tonight then i need to swap out the steering racks. so glad i have a friend whose been helping me here.

@ EG {FIVE-500} wrapping was an idea for me, but the car had many dents from ppl opening there doors into it so it all had to be sorted out.

@ AutoXRacer Lol im glad to see im not alone with shipping costs, sometimes shipping costs more then the part

:x

keen to see your car wrapped!! ill be following your thread for sure!
By AutoXRacer
#335449 Yeah I have definitely paid more for shipping on some parts, shipping to Canada sucks for prices. Just duty taxes and customs fees are retarded.

Yeah I finally got my car and all the parts to my new garage so I will finally be able to get started on my car again once I get the garage organized, kind if a gong show right now. Haha

But once I get the whole quarter panels welded on and the engine bay welded together and shaved. I will be fixing all the little dents and getting the thing wrapped. =P

Definitely keep an eye out, I know I will be keeping yours subscribed. =P
By DeanPant
#335635 awesome ive subscribed to your build! :thumb: :thumb:

big update, worked every single night after work this past week with a friend of mine to have it running.. because im impatient and really want to drive the car :woot: heres some pics of the progress

ECU removed - p73

Ready for the motor to be removed

still clean after 2 years living in the sedan

DC2 short ratio steering rack removed

swapped racks over, got the hubs back on the sedan and pushed it out the garage - 12:30 at night on weds.. decide will push on and mount the motor

done 1am - took the photo the next morning

fri evening custom hubs, new studs, new wheel bearings, lower ball joints, ek4 disks, DC2 calipers, EBC red stuff pads

sat morning we started super early, fitted everything onto the motor (ps, belts, linkage, shafts etc) wired in vtec, knock sensors etc, and finally got the car on the ground. first start - nothing.. not even cranking over :/ very anti climax to a busy week. later that evening we remembered the b18b harness i got had a extra bunch of plugs going to a unbranded black box. decided to plug that in, turned the key and BAM... started up and purred LOUD on open headers

Dusty photo of it in the morning

still need to install seats and door cards etc.. and definitely need an exhaust before i go anywhere with it lol

By AutoXRacer
#335724 yup, definitely need to get off my lazy ass and get going with my welding!, hahaha

damn you did a lot of work in a short time!, good thing to get it running!. =P and damn you and having access to a WaterJet System! haha always wanted to make some custom peices for the EG!

haha good work man, keep it up!
Got to take my buddy up on his offer and borrow his welder!
By K!RK_180i
#335743 :bowdown: awesome dean, cant wait to see it on the road for your sake lol
By DeanPant
#335745 haha you got lots of bodywork to do though, shaving the bay and fixing all the rust so uve done alot 2 8)

Yea its running but had issues with CEL light staying on. pulled error codes 20 and 21, which is ELD and VTEC solenoid (need that for sure lol)

Vtec was my fault, i wired vtec to ALT control and vice versa on the jumper harness, did a switch on that wiring and that cleared that code.

ELD was a bit of a mission to find what the issue was. turns out i had to bypass this

sorry not the best photo.. but i got told its for older obd0 and obd1 cars, to adjust timing.

so all CEL errors resolved

also had issues with the windscreen wipers not working but thats been fixed.

Now im having an issue with the passenger window going down but not back up, doesnt seem to get power to the motor, anyone have any ideas why? i can bridge the door motor to the battery to get it to go up. :x

havent even driven it yet, still getting all these issues sorted out lol.

Oh thats my buddies CNC milling machine, he helps me out!

@ K!RK_180i thanks dude! i cant wait either, i think its first drive will be this saturday .. to an exhaust shop haha
By AutoXRacer
#335773 yeah I have done that vise versa wiring a few times, such a pain in the ass. lol

and the window motor may just have a relay gone for the up signal, try checking the relay.

and yeah a CNC Machine would definitely come in handy, I hope to have all the welding and get started on the bodywork sometime this weekend.
By Uknterror
#335783 Looks amazing! Quick question....what did you do with the stock corner lights? I'd be interested in buying if they were for sale for my sedan
By DeanPant
#335798 changed the relay last night, didnt help . meh ill have to go thru the wiring on the passenger door on saturday :/

Thanks! I got 2 clear corners off my sedan i can sell you, but where you based??
By Uknterror
#335799 Aberdeen, MD 21001 U.S The ones off your sedan are like the ones that were on the hatch correct?
By DeanPant
#335864 No hatch corners are smaller then the sedans, only similarity between the hatch and sedan front ends are the headlights :)

I can pick up those clear corners here for $70 new - but not sure what u'd pay for shipping from South Africa
By EG {FIVE-500}
#335873 Cars coming along nicely :woot: shouldn't be to long before your driving it now. You got any ideas for interior. I Decided I'm not going to paint my car my self :lol: Too much hassle :thumb:
By Uknterror
DeanPant wrote:No hatch corners are smaller then the sedans, only similarity between the hatch and sedan front ends are the headlights :)

I can pick up those clear corners here for $70 new - but not sure what u'd pay for shipping from South Africa

I'm talking about the style. I realize that they won't work just wondering if they are the same style.

Yeah idk what the shipping would be either, unfortunately I'd hope that my daily would hold out, sadly it couldn't. So funds are gonna be tight, can you post a pic of them anyway if that's no to much trouble?