Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Danny_P
#329308 Hi All,

This is my build of my EG4 LSi (1.5 D15B2) My ideas are keeping the car Period correct, and a contender for full trim time attack! As well as being my daily drive.

I got the car approx 3 years ago, it had on a set of Wedssport RS5's in 14x6j Wrapped in Avon ZV3's 185/60/R14. It had a mugen lip and was fully resprayed by the previous owner, being a body repairer at the time i checked over it well.

£500 Bargain with a blown head gasket. after 3 gaskets we realised the block was warped and i found a £60 engine and box. The box came in handy just 6 month ago when got a very loud noise from the input shaft bearing.

But i have now started collecting parts and thought i would show you ladies and gents the progress.

My intentions for the future:

H22 conversion! (With some small mods.)
Some JDM optional parts / Mods,
Some weight reduction, (Mainly unnecessary items that anyone can do...)
Aero mods, (underbody panels and diffusor ect...)

And if i can afford it, some chassis items to improve the handling other than what iv already got for the H22 package.

Images soon to come.
Last edited by Danny_P on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329310 Image

The car was very tidy, apart from a few paint blemishes where primer had gone over the rubbers... but good finish.
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Danny_P
#329316 So we got to the 1st headgasket change and it failed... the 2nd, and i decided to buy an engine... then we port polished the cylinder head, matched the inlet and exhaust manifolds to the port sizes after the port polish. Went through the tappets a little tighter and advanced the ignition timing.

Befor

After

I didn't want to go too mental with it being only a 1.5 and a none Vtec...

Engine change and a shinny cylinder head (Now skimmed to the max for max compression!)

And it went reasonably well. A noticeable difference even from the little mods, it defiantly took the max power rpm higher in the rev range.
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329317 Like all conversions its the most important thing to do. The Brakes.

Going for the best all round handling car and most competative street car i can i went for the SiR 262mm front diameter brakes and 242mm rear disc conversion.

Befor

After

Dont mind the wheel weights, the weds arnt that straight i found out in a recent tire fitment...
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329318 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gen civic's for you guys...

Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Danny_P
Danny_P wrote:Hi All,

This is my build of my EG4 LSi (1.5 D15B2) My ideas are keeping the car Period correct, and a contender for full trim time attack! As well as being my daily drive.

I got the car approx 3 years ago, it had on a set of Wedssport RS5's in 14x6j Wrapped in Avon ZV3's 185/60/R14. It had a mugen lip and was fully resprayed by the previous owner, being a body repairer at the time i checked over it well.

£500 Bargain with a blown head gasket. after 3 gaskets we realised the block was warped and i found a £60 engine and box. The box came in handy just 6 month ago when got a very loud noise from the input shaft bearing.

But i have now started collecting parts and thought i would show you ladies and gents the progress.

Images soon to come.

I say 3 gaskets, it was the original on the engine that was already gone when we collected it, a new one then we inspected the block and the a 3rd gasket on the new block.
By Danny_P
#329338 So i went along hammering the new setup, I got a new pair of yokohama's for the 14's and then my dad sold his Accord for some cash and a civic coupe on a 97 reg i think... It had some nice Fox racing Evo 3 16x6.5j's on with 195/45R16 Budget tires. so i took them off his hands and he got some Rover 15's on it from the scrap yard.

16's

Then the opportunity came along to steal a stainless cat back system from my dad as he had a EK for sale that he wanted to put back stock. it had a very loud exhaust which i took! after a while it was way too loud for me... but we made it fit and it did sound good but it started going dodgy, the baffles were vibrating and it sounded horrible... so off it came and the original exhaust was replaced with a 2" diameter striaght through B pipe (No silencer) and a SiR Rear silencer.

Dont mind the Cut-out on the rear bumper, i realy regret that...

The B pipe is basically like this guys...
Image. Thanks for the image as i dont have one...

Then the MOT came up, I needed rear brake shims as i still had the rear drums and front ball joints on the upper control arms. So me and my dad took the old upper control arm bushes out and replaced them with a set from my Energy suspension poly bush kit.

The idea was to get DC2 LCA's, Subframe with lower strut brace and Steering rack. (2.98 turns Lock - Lock) Front and rear Anti Roll Bars and then fit the poly bushes to all of this lot... but i needed them and i would be reusing the Front Upper control arms.

So for the MOT i got the radius bushes for the trailing arms (Got rubber OEM bushes as i wanted it to be smooth on the roads.)
Fitted the rear brakes with new discs and pads and fitted the new ball joints and Upper control arm bushes. It flew through.

Poly Kit
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Danny_P
#329340 Here are a few things i collected between buying the car and the MOT last year as mentioned above.

DC2 Anti Roll Bars (98spec)

DC2 Subframe, Steering Rack and LCA's (With ARB lug)

Quick image of the 16's aswell ^

Spare set of EG tail lights to do a JDM tail light conversion in the near future.

I also got a Fiberglass tailgate with the import size reg recess. (Ill take an image soon.
All above suspension components to be bushed up with poly soon!
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329343 So the year went on and i got myself a pair of T1R's for the 16's and later on a pair of Sunny (Cheep Cheap) snow tires! Best decision i ever had as they came in handy! but i do need some decent summer tyres. The T1R's are good in the wet but too much roll on the sidewall for my like-ing.

Summer tires on the Fox's

Winter tires on the Weds

Then things got interesting!
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329344 A H22 came up for sale on Ebay for Dirt Cheap!

Engine H22A (JDM spec from the 93-96 lude)
Gearbox, Driveshafts, ECU and Loom.

This got me to start getting H22 shiny bits!

Mounts, Drive shafts, Gear selector and cables, Manifold and down pipe,

I also splashed out on some more poly bushes for the roll bar links for when the roll bars go on and some new links to go with them. Powerflex bushes.

Along with all these items came gaskets, timing belt, tensioner fuel, oil and air filters ect ect. But i wanted a decent air filter so i got this!

Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329346 Some more pics of the interior, Luckily it was a black interior model. As i didn't know you could get gray interior.

And the young ones addition to the rear, no expense spared on his safety and comfort!

Note to self,

Get a Momo Tuner black and red stitched 320mm steering wheel.
I could! get a none sunroof model? ... decisions decisions...

Anyway me and my dad knocked the cat out at some point aswell befor this years MOT... but now i am thoroughly bored of the 1.5 none vtec power. Or lack of...
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329348 So i got myself a treat having paid for tires and boring stuff. and the treat was cheap! (Not quite period correct but i cant find the rare JDM optional mesh SiR 15" alloys for my price :) )

15x6j OEM Honda 6 spoke wheels 4x100 PCD. and now im left thinking what tires should i have on them after reading a long report from tirerack.com (Thanks very good review from you guys) But the review made the decision harder...

so heres my poll. Please help....

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=329347#329347

Images of the wheels (To be refurbed)

Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danny_P
#329351 So the MOT has just passed and i got a few spares that weren't needed.

Spare Cat and ball joints upper and lower. Iv got them for the future i guess.

Next on the list is a service and tires before the holiday. so it gets me their and its happy as my dad wants the engine, box, ecu and engine loom to put in his 1978 Mk1 Civic... will be good and he will be swapping out the D15 for a B of some kind on a later date.
Last edited by Danny_P on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Trix
#329355 image code danny..... grab that code, copy and paste it then the pictures will show :eh:
By 92CivicSquach
#329382 So im a bit confused :? ....are you doing the H swap? I think that is a great swap. When i was looking for swaps, that was one that i looked up. Lots of power, torque for days. Great things. The only thing i have heard thats negative about them....They are heavy as shit, so they can affect the handling of your ride pretty badly (obviously if you are making a drag set up this isnt going to bother you). Also, the wiring is kinda a pain in the ass.?.?

Anyway, my ls swap came to me cheap, and was a easy choice after reading up on it, but i would love to see a H car up here. :thumb: