Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Loaf31
#355221 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
All these updates are killer!!
LOVE What you've done to this beast :thumb:
Keep the updates flowin'!
By MilpitasEH2
#355629 Finally got the last piece to my interior. Recaro SPD reclineable seats! I got buddy club rails but they unfortunately didn't fit, buddy club told the store i bought it from that it would fit no problems asked. Guess you can't even rely on the company itself to say it'll fit... :x So if anyone wants buddy club rails with the adapter plates for bottom mount seats, selling it for $140 USD all together. lol. But decided not to go too crazy with interior parts since i want to keep it as simple as possible. Might get an armrest but for now, the one i have will suffice. Enjoy guys! And s/o to teal_dx for always submitting me for ROTM! and congrats to iLLson for taking the W! I like your car more anyways :woot: Fall is coming up and i gotta to save up for maintenance and tires for the lexus that i drive. But it'll go in winter mode in December! So hope you guys are ready for suspension parts!

By MilpitasEH2
#356315 Hey Civic-EG! Hope y'all have been having a productive summer/fall building! As for me, i've been working less cause of school so parts won't be coming in for a LOOOOONG time. Recent changes is the hood latch cable, due to not being able to open up my hood since one of my lights go out when driving lol! But, i decided to go big and try to represent for a company around June. Sent in my proposal and didn't get it till September! So, here it is! I'm sponsored by a company called inspireusa which is located in the bay area! I can't wait to go to car meets representing them and of course myself! This was my goal ever since i got into cars and it's been a LOOONNNG journey, but i can happily say, working hard pays off! Suspension parts will come sooner or later! But just wanted to show you a small update :woot: Suspension parts coming sooner or later, aiming for the end of November just because of black friday and car parts will be on sale :twisted: Happy building!

By MilpitasEH2
#357451 WOOT!! I Got ROTM! You guys are literally the best! And before winter mode commences for me, i have one more car meet to go to this saturday! I'll be sure to go extra hard next spring just for you guys! A lot of saving up will be made this winter- spring so be sure to stay tuned!! But for now, here are two pictures that i got from my friend who wanted to do a small photoshoot! Still waiting on other pictures but he's busy with editing wedding pictures from his family.

Enjoy! :woot:

P.S. Hope you guys like my avatar picture :lol: :headbang:
By MilpitasEH2
#359101 Image

Hey guys, it's been a while! Finally got my car back after breaking down on me at Treasure Island in San Francisco! $300 tow is not nice... But anywho, i got the car back knowing the fact that my timing belt just snapped, no bent valves ftw! :D Plans for the car as of right now is to just clean the engine bay and make it look cleaner. Probably get a short ram or get some LCA's. But before i get LCA's i have to decide what wheels to get! The reason why i say this is because i might settle for some TE37's or some lower offset, bigger and wider wheels. Obviously if i'm going for more of a Function and Form set up with the TE's i can just buy regular LCA's (probably skunk 2 or function 7). If i wanna go for more of a form over function, then i would have to get some drop forks to lower the front and maybe even some lower control arms that will allow the back to sit lower. Thinking of the brand called MPC motorsports. Anyone know about the brand and how it good it is? Build might be slow this season since i'm moving up north to Sacramento in order for me to continue my edumacation journey. Honestly, don't know how long i'll keep the car but i promise you that i'll make sure to end off my car with a bang!! Also, been on the stickydiljoe vlog series on youtube lately. You guys should peep his work! Anywho, this is how it sits as of right now! Enjoy!
By MilpitasEH2
#359103 Hey guys, so since the funds have been pretty low right now. I've been meaning to wash my engine bay! I was watching videos and reading tutorials on how to clean it and i just straight up used some leftover full strength simple green! Of course, i covered distributor, spark plug section of the engine, took out battery since i'm cleaning the base and covered the alternator. I then proceeded to rinse the engine bay and then sprayed the simple green. Saw no removal of paint whatsoever. And then scrubbed with a toothbrush and dried lol. Did this twice! Only mistake i wish i could've done was get a nylon brush to wash everything better as opposed to using a small toothbrush. Oh well, gunna be cleaning it again later on this month anyways! Here's before and after pictures but you could barely tell since i had no more elbow grease left in me lol. The only difference is the engine itself is more cleaner and hood is slightly clean. And i notice the firewall is cleaner too! Couldn't even remove the dirty on the hood but i tried my best. Planning to wash the engine bay twice a month to keep me sane from buying parts and to also get rid of those dirty stains on the hood. But as of right now, saving up for those wheels is a priority as well as life priorities .

Before:

After:

Also, decided to shave as much rust on my batterybase or whatever it's called because it's rusted AF :x Need to regain my energy and continue shaving the rust and then primer and paint tomorrow!
By MilpitasEH2
#359323 Hey it's been a while guys! Not much has happened to the car. Been going to a couple of local meets here and there. Decided to go to the 2nd NVUS East Bay Chapter meet with my friend and his cousin's EM1!

Really nice car, if you ask me. Funny thing that happened was prior to this meet, there was another NVUS meet last week and the cops were very lenient. But when it came to this meet, cops were pulling over cars left and right, and telling them to pop their hood. My friend was one of them and ended up getting a fix-it ticket for no license plate lol. Truthfully, i wanted the police to pull me over just so they can see my BARD sticker with the GSR swap. Lol! Anyways, i've been thinking very very very hard. As much as i want my car to look good, i think it's time for me to focus on performance 8) So i'm going to be focusing on performance for the next 2 years and then i'll add my last two exterior mods the last two years of my college life before i sell this baby to fund for med school. Unless a deal comes up lol.. Going to Sacramento for school so it'll help me save up money for next summer time for performance parts. I'm actually pretty excited tbh with you guys! Going to be doing endless research but for now, i need to save some money for suspension parts!! Hope you guys are ready!
By Driv-it-hard
MilpitasEH2 wrote:Hey it's been a while guys! Not much has happened to the car. Been going to a couple of local meets here and there. Decided to go to the 2nd NVUS East Bay Chapter meet with my friend and his cousin's EM1!

Really nice car, if you ask me. Funny thing that happened was prior to this meet, there was another NVUS meet last week and the cops were very lenient. But when it came to this meet, cops were pulling over cars left and right, and telling them to pop their hood. My friend was one of them and ended up getting a fix-it ticket for no license plate lol. Truthfully, i wanted the police to pull me over just so they can see my BARD sticker with the GSR swap. Lol! Anyways, i've been thinking very very very hard. As much as i want my car to look good, i think it's time for me to focus on performance 8) So i'm going to be focusing on performance for the next 2 years and then i'll add my last two exterior mods the last two years of my college life before i sell this baby to fund for med school. Unless a deal comes up lol.. Going to Sacramento for school so it'll help me save up money for next summer time for performance parts. I'm actually pretty excited tbh with you guys! Going to be doing endless research but for now, i need to save some money for suspension parts!! Hope you guys are ready!

Hey Mil,
On the blue EM1, can you ask the owner if those are real Stern Liiva and if he would sell them ?
Let me know. Thank you.
By MilpitasEH2
#359334 @Driv-it-hard hey, if you're talking about the wheels, they're actually SSR wheels and he isn't selling it! He's actually going to rebuild the wheels
By Driv-it-hard
MilpitasEH2 wrote:@Driv-it-hard hey, if you're talking about the wheels, they're actually SSR wheels and he isn't selling it! He's actually going to rebuild the wheels

Okay.. Thank you much.
By MilpitasEH2
#359430 Hey all, not much has happened. i've been slowly trying to find the right parts for myself. While at the same time, i'm actually thinking about adding re-adding A/C in my car. I found a good deal on a whole A/C unit for $60 bucks and i bought a P7J bracket too! But as i did more research, the A/C unit i bought was for a 93 and it won't work for 94-95. :x It doesn't take the right freon for my car. So now i'm stuck with a bracket and a useless A/C unit lol. But if i can't find any A/C units for cheap then i'm going straight to car parts. But i need to rewire my alarm system because it's been acting up for like a year or two already, no point in fixing a car up if it's alarm system is going out of whack! I'm thinking about picking up some LCA's and im stuck between MPC motorsports or Function 7. I know that MPC motorsports is for more looks but i don't really know how great of a product their LCA's are since it's a new company. If anyone has heard anything good about the company please let me know! Here's their website:

http://www.mpcmotorsport.com/

So i'm still debating whether i want to go towards a more function build than stance. The reason why i want to switch is because i want to get a BBK and that won't be able to be seen if i'm going to get 15's or basket weave style wheels. Also, I need to somehow manage car parts money and bills because i feel that this build is going TOO slow!! So i'm thinking about just saving up money during the off season and then focusing more on car parts when car season comes next year!! Summer is already almost over for us and i feel like i haven't bought anything great for my car! So, to keep this thread alive, here's a little booty pic of my car and it's new sticker lol... Really believe in companies/people who help the community so you know i have to represent Mr. Stickydiljoe!

Get ready for parts the upcoming month because i want to make sure i get as much as i can, before school starts! Thanks again for taking the time to look at my build!
By MilpitasEH2
#359460 Hey all, so it's midnight right now and i have work in 6 hours but thought i would update you guys! Anyways, so i found a guy willing to sell me a whole ac unit for $100 bucks since i got the 93 ac unit instead of the 94-95. I wasted $60 bucks on the other one BUT thanks to this guy, i literally saved $100+ because this guy had all the little bolts, nuts, etc i needed to successful just install the A/C without waiting and going back and forth! Started at 10 and ended around 4, and all i got done in chronological order was, bought some pag oil, A/C belt, a new drier, and ordered an o-ring king which came 2 hours later, install the ac bracket, tried installing my aftermarket torque mount and didn't work, i tried mcgivering it and grind the torque mount but that would take days so i spent roughly an hour and a half trying to figure out why it wouldn't fit :x , so i ended up buying one at the local oreillys auto parts store and picked up my A/C gasket kit (killed two birds w/ one stone 8)) , took out the old pag oil in the compressor and put some new pag oil in installed the ac belt, cleaned the outside of all the ac lines and condenser fan, replaced the o rings on all the lines and put on the A/C condensor, took out the battery and the battery tray holder and ended up depinning the ground connector from the 93 compressor and putting it on the new/old compressor that i received. That was literally about it. I honestly forgot how A/C looked in the civic so i was just going back and forth trying to see if i forgot anything. Now all i have left to do is reroute the ac lines, find a bracket to hold the condensor since my local honda dealerships don't carry it anymore, refill the A/C unit with freon and the thing i hate the most, finding out what connector goes to what.. :woot: Here's the new A/C unit:

The only thing i'm worried about when installing the A/C is mainly electrical issues because i don't know what i threw away and what's been kept in my car when i swapped the engine. So research on top of research on top research will be made to make sure i get EVERYTHING 100%. IN OTHER NEWS, new wheels should be coming in about 2 months, i think? Nothing baller status, but let's just say, im going for a different look now. And depending on how much money it takes for me to get the A/C working, my plans would be backed up until i upgrade my rear suspension (whole rear sway bar, LCA kit). As for the new wheels, you gotta love Japan for it's rarity :D Hoping to get them before the big annual Japan Town meet in September!