Post YOUR Hatchback here
By MilpitasEH2
#339490 Guess who's back! I finally got a job ( only seasonal, working my ass off to become part time). Ended up getting a few things that were a steal. And also, i ended up getting a DSLR for better picture quality and just because i want to try something for the upcoming year.

Updates on the car:
-Cousin's Friend's car ended up crashing his integra so i got his rear disc conversions for $30. But one of the trailing arms was bent so had to get another one from the junk yard. basically $90 as to $150-200.

-Saw someone selling a God Speed X-bar for like $180 on craigslist so i was like why not! We actually talked for a couple of minutes and he wanted to sell it just cause his civic wasn't really a family car and he was parting out his car in order to get a more suited car.

-And i finally painted my valve cover, it isn't as legit as i thought it would be just because i didn't have the right materials. And the place i live in, it's really windy and i unfortunately have to fix my car on rubble ground as opposed to cement. Also, i don't have a garage so i'm struggling even more. Wanted to go a little "Galaxy" type of theme but i have a different color way i want to try so it'll look nice when i paint my car.

Recently did a headgasket change due to loss of coolant, whole new timing belt, water pump and tensioner. Problems kept on coming up which was annoying. I still haven't found out why my idle bogs/hesitates when i accelerate at low rpm. I checked my mechanical timing everything lined up correctly, did a tune up, changed distributors with my cousin to see if i have to change any part of my distributor, checked the resistance of my injectors after warming it up, and i still haven't found out the culprit. But so far thanks to TrailerTrash and teal_dx for the help!

I know my pictures aren't as great as other users on here but i'll get better eventually! Trying to get better just so i can be able do justice to a little 365 day project that i am trying to achieve. Unfortunately, the car doesn't run as of right now. Stay tuned!
By MilpitasEH2
#346807 After finally being financially stable enough to pay my bills and gas, I can finally start where i left off!! As for hesitation problem, it still isn't 100% fixed i took it to a reputable shop here in Norcal to fix it since i was literally 90% close to selling the car. There were lots of problems; timing, grounds weren't securely tighten and i believe fuel pump was going out as well. As for the hesitation problem of the car, they believe its the engine harness but i didn't have enough money to replace the engine harness as they were replacing my fuel pump. Sooo... they just disabled the O2 sensor from the ecu "for now" and now it runs just as new!! Although, CEL is still on but it's okay i can live with it :lol:

So decided to get something for daily use and a cheap upgrade to keep me motivated! So i ended up getting a CF BYS rep wing. But installing it was such a hassle cause the company i got it from maybe the holes crooked which ended up hitting the chassis of the body :x :x So i had to drill holes onto the wing AND the bracket, a part of it chipped out but hey at least it's on securely. Although, it took me about 6-7 hours just to find out how to go about the situation, it's always good to for a learning experience. As for my next upgrade, stay tuned!

By MG6
#346821 Nice. Congrats on the stable job.

I would fix the issue soon as unplugging the o2 will lead to long term issue with smog and engine issue.
By MilpitasEH2
#349036 Alrighty guys, i'm back with good news. Got the car running again! :woot: Took my car to a shop after months of paying bills and saving up. They found out that my car was hesitating due electrical issues. The engine harness that i have bought from the previous owner was the cause of it. Supposedly, he tried extending it and failed miserably... So just an update: Got me some enkei 92's!! Specs are 15 x 8 +25 offset on 195/45/15 Toyo T1Rs. So no more GSR blades, it was fun while it lasted. Moving on to the build since it's been really overdue. Raised my car a little since i didn't want to mess up the fenders and quarter panel while driving around. I will most definitely lower it though, when the time is right. And my next plan is to get the engine State Reffed since California is "oh so fun" being in, especially with these laws... :thumbdown: And after that, i won't be too specific about it since it should be a surprise :P . I'll try and most definitely get this build going since it's been way too long. Enjoy!

By egsedanguy
#349054 ref is free. Took me 30 min to get my ls swap done. As long as you give no reason for them to fail you, than it should be simple. I live in sacramento and they will fail you for a harness not being properly wired such as a wire running from the vtec solenoid to ecu without being properly loomed. Not that yours is but just a heads up if you never done one. good luck tho. Its a good feel when you get the tag with the new motor size on it. :thumb:
By MilpitasEH2
#349061 Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, i failed due to rpm being a little bit off, one hose wasn't the right hose and extremely high NOx lol. Now i need to know how to fix it then i should be legal free! :woot: My 15mph and 25 mph test is 3412 and 2846 measured respectively. Max is 716 and 764... :thumbdown:
By MilpitasEH2
#350545 @teal_dx Thanks teal! Your car is more admirable than mine. :thumb:

I guess Christmas came a little bit early for me. Hallelujah, Praise the Lord! Also, got some clear corner's but i can't install it since my tools got stolen... Didn't expect anyone to steal a heavy toolbox. :thumbdown: Got major plans upcoming Spring. Time for me to save money and pay off what i need to pay off. I'll probably post more stuff during the winter time, if i do come across a good deal that i cannot say no to. Other than that, going to roll fenders and you'll see this baby soon enough!

By MilpitasEH2
#351783 What's up everyone!! Hope you guys are starting off your year alright. Trying to get ahead of my bills and also owed my friend since i bought his wheels for the 2GS that i'm driving during the winter time. BUT, spring time is coming up meaning car season is near! Can't wait for my vision to come true! Lowered the car as much as i can, although it is not maxed out but very tempting :hehe: So here's a side view of my car so people don't forget i'm still here :D Lots of plans so i won't disappoint you guys!

By TrailerTrash
#351801 show me more :x :x :x
By CNeto
#352109 Goood! :thumb: The carbon backyard is anythinggg!! 8)
By MilpitasEH2
#352282 Thanks for reading so far guys! Might be behind schedule due to constant money spending(gas and bills). But decided to do the ek side skirt conversion. Should be easy BUT i don't know where the saw blade nor the tool to put the saw blade is at so i gotta wait till i ask my uncle where it's at unless you guys got another way of cutting :D Sorry guys the build is sooooo slow but surely the build will look better during mid spring/summer... hopefully :?

By MilpitasEH2
#352523 Hope everyone's week/day has been going good. Mine has been very productive; school wise and car wise. I've been trying to install the ek side skirts for now. Thinking about getting mudflaps since i just got paid. Also, thinking about picking up the flat clear side markers for the civic too. Getting small stuff while saving for the big thing :D Every Tuesday and Thursday for 3-4 hours, i try to drill at least two holes and file them as square as possible. And i honestly envy the people who only had to drill like 3-4 holes cause i had to drill 6/7 holes and i'm sore lol. It's an easy install, no doubt, but the time and energy you have to put into it is very taxing. But after a week and a half finally got one side done. Here's a picture of them on and how low it sits with my coils 90% maxed out. To all the "all go, some show" people, i really wish i could be like you guys. But considering the amount of money i have for repairs and the time i have to wait for the car to get out of the shop, i can't do it. But i give you guys major props, cause i love seeing race cars :thumb:

BTW, that's a whiteboard marker lol. Happy building everyone, stay tune! Hard to make money when you gotta focus on school and doing your own installation.