Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 93WhiteCX
#328653 So I am new to imports, Honda, and Civics so I have a lot to learn. A few weeks ago I purchased (as my name indicates) a 93 white CX. It had 98k when I bought it and 99k now. I purchased it from the original owner and other than the upgraded tape player was/is 100% stock. So far I have basically been working on getting everythng tuned up. I don't have too much of a plan at this point other than at some point it is going to need more than 70hp. Didn't know a car this slow was ever made.

The only thing I have done that isn't routine maint. so far, was replace inner and outer tie rods with the help of the DIY here. Was a very easy job and only took about two hours start to finish. Nice to not feel like the wheel is a paint shacker.

I might get some pictures up later, but picture a stock cx with 20 year old paint and a few door dings, and you are there.
By FG2_Andrew
#328654 welcome. congrats on the factory pickup.

the d15b8 is a stupid motor.. except for mpgs. i use to get around 40-50 with my 330k motor. haha
By 93WhiteCX
#328920 So over the weekend I changed out the gauge cluster to a CDM cluster with a tach. Couldn't take shifting by sound anymore, turns out I was shifting really early. It was very easy using the various DIYs on here and HT. I changed over my speedo to retain my mileage.

The only odd part was, on the new cluster the Cruise Control light is connected to the Shift Light from the old cluster. So at the sift point my new cluster flashed the CC light. I pulled it back out and just removed that bulb.

I have been hunting a leak in the rear of the hatch, no surprise. I replaced my tail light gaskets with no improvement. So this last weekend I gutted the rear half of the car. Think I have tracked it down to the seam seal in the rain gutters. I am going to work on this over the weekend and see if I can get it fixed.
By FG2_Andrew
#328922 did you replace the tail light with or without the gasket?
By 93WhiteCX
#328964 I replaced the gaskets on the stock lights. With the rear gutted it is easy to tell they aren't the problem.
By FG2_Andrew
#329008 ah, just making sure :thumb:
By 93WhiteCX
#329212 So I picked up some si wheels today. They are in ok shape I would say they all range from ok to good shape. Two have some curb rash. Paid 360 for the set. Put them next to my wheel wells, they look huge compared to the 13 inch steelies.
By 93WhiteCX
#329597 So I got off work early today so I took some pics.

New Tach

Here are the Si wheels I picked up

By 93WhiteCX
#329675 I have been working on tuning up the car since I got it, and the MPG have gone up each tank full. Today I hit a huge milestone, 40MPG. That is crazy. First tank I got 30MPG.

Guess it needed a tune up. Still have a few things to go, valve clearance, cap and rotor, wires, and plugs. Can't wait to see where it gets to when I am done.

Can't believe how efficient this car is. Guess that comes at the price of low power.
By 93WhiteCX
#329676 Double Post, oops
Last edited by 93WhiteCX on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SCREECHO
#329765 I have a couple extra cluster surrounds if you need one, just pm me if you do. Looks great!