Post YOUR Hatchback here
By CyberDictator
#328391 I have been following this car since you first posted in the new member section. All i can say is this is truly something different from anything i have ever seen and it is beautiful. Truly a work of art. Kudos to you for spending all the time on it. Who knows maybe i'll make it to SEMA this year and come say hi.
By Engraved EG
CyberDictator wrote:I have been following this car since you first posted in the new member section. All i can say is this is truly something different from anything i have ever seen and it is beautiful. Truly a work of art. Kudos to you for spending all the time on it. Who knows maybe i'll make it to SEMA this year and come say hi.

Thank you so much for following the "Engraved EG" project build. I appreciate that as well as your positive comments and compliments. I absolutely love what I do and wouldnt change a thing. All the time involved with this project has been worth every second. Im glad the first car to be done this way is my EG. One of my all time favorite cars since I was little.

If you "Like" my "Engraved EG" facebook fan page then I'll keep you updated on where the car will be located at the SEMA Show 2013 and any other shows the car will be attending.
By Engraved EG
#328399 After completing the carbon hood, wing, and hatch......I decided to get back to hand engraving on the body of the EG. As you can tell from the pics I like to jump around from place to place when engraving.

I engraved the Hankook Tire logo next, followed by a double layer Monster Energy "M Claw" logo and MONSTER ENERGY lettering on the driver side door. I love the Monster Energy brand, products, and events so I thought it would be cool to do some Monster Energy logos on the "Engraved EG". So I opened a can of Monster Energy, "Unleashed the Beast", and got to work. :wink:

Following the door logo engravings, I added more to the roof.

Hankook Tire logo, double layered Monster Energy M "Claw" logo, and Monster Energy lettering

Shown in the image below on the roof.......Monster Energy "M Claw" logo, Hankook Tire logo along with 2 types of Hankook Tire tread going down the center of the roof, 2 Kanji symbols, Japanese Lucky Cat, cherry blossoms, Password JDM "P" Logo, Skunk2 Racing logo, a Shinto Shrine, Exotic Engravings logo (Graffiti lettering), Koi Fish, and other freestyle designs filled in around the logos and imagery.

By Engraved EG
#328400 Hankook Tire (Ventus V12 Evo) tread pattern on the passenger side rear quarter panel continuing diagonally to the rocker panel.

Looking down the center of the roof at the tire tread patterns. I did my best making this as straight and centered as I could by hand.

By Engraved EG
#328403 Passenger side (above door) roof line.

Then, I added the Heavy Hitters Magazine (HH) logo next to the Ventus V12 Evo tread pattern. Some of my other hand engraving work was featured in an article of Heavy Hitters magazine.

After finishing the passenger side roof line edge, I went back to the roof and worked on a DC Shoes logo. DC Shoes logo with Japanese Rising Sun and some random splatter marks.

Started filling in around the DC logo and Japanese Rising Sun. You can start to see the sun beams separating. :)

By TrailerTrash
#328410 thinking of engraving the glass aswell?

also did you get permission from these company's to copy their logos and stuff? do you actually need permission? or are u just hoping for the best :lol:
By Engraved EG
TrailerTrash wrote:thinking of engraving the glass aswell?

also did you get permission from these company's to copy their logos and stuff? do you actually need permission? or are u just hoping for the best :lol:

Im not engraving the glass. I think that may be a little overboard. lol. I think engraving an entire body of the EG is plenty. :lol:

As for the logos and permission......Most of the logos within the designs are sponsors, so yes I have their permission. For the other logos, I didnt get their permission. Im not using their logo or name in an inappropriate manor. All of those people who put stickers, decals, graphics, etc....or their favorite brands on cars dont get permission from those companies, do they? :thumb: For the few logos on the EG that aren't actually a sponsor are pretty much getting free advertising for their brand and products. I just happen to be a fan of those "certain brands", hence why I chose to engrave them on the "Engraved EG". ;) Also, Im not displaying or saying that the "Engraved EG" is sponsored by them.
By Engraved EG
#328415 Now for a closer look at some of the logos, designs, and imagery on the completed hand engraved roof of the "Engraved EG". :)

First, the Exotic Engravings "Graffiti art" logo. The artist of Exotic Engravings is the same artist as the "Engraved EG". ;)

Japanese Kanji symbol for "Peace".

Hankook Tires Ventus V12 Evo tire tread pattern

Cherry Blossoms

Japanese Kanji symbol for "Love"

Skunk2 Racing "S2" logo design

Crown

Password JDM "P" Logo

Hankook Tires Ventus V2 Concept tire tread pattern

Monster Energy "M Claw" design logo

Japanese Lucky Cat

DC Shoes logo with Japanese Rising Sun in background

Japanese Shinto Shrine

Koi Fish, Lotus Flower, Cherry Blossoms, and Japanese "tattoo style" water design

By Engraved EG
gtstripes wrote:are you a tattoo artist by any chance?? thats dead set crazy if thats all freehand..

No, Im not a tattoo artist. I have always wanted to try though. Most of the "Engraved EG" is freehand. For the logos, I wanted them to be "picture perfect", plus the sponsors for the car don't want their company logo on the car If its not accurate. lol. Markers, pencils, and rulers were used to create a template. Templates are made by hand as well. After the template was made I would hand engrave the logo.
By TrailerTrash
Engraved EG wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:thinking of engraving the glass aswell?

Im not engraving the glass. I think that may be a little overboard. lol. I think engraving an entire body of the EG is plenty. :lol:

Are you out of your mind? by the looks of things, the answer is yes. people that are out of their minds have that excuse to go overboard. I say engrave the glass! dooooo it :thumb:

Engraved EG wrote:
As for the logos and permission......Most of the logos within the designs are sponsors, so yes I have their permission. For the other logos, I didnt get their permission. Im not using their logo or name in an inappropriate manor. All of those people who put stickers, decals, graphics, etc....or their favorite brands on cars dont get permission from those companies, do they? :thumb: For the few logos on the EG that aren't actually a sponsor are pretty much getting free advertising for their brand and products. I just happen to be a fan of those "certain brands", hence why I chose to engrave them on the "Engraved EG". ;) Also, Im not displaying or saying that the "Engraved EG" is sponsored by them.

hey man thats cool i was just curious :thumb:
By Engraved EG
TrailerTrash wrote:Are you out of your mind? by the looks of things, the answer is yes. people that are out of their minds have that excuse to go overboard. I say engrave the glass! dooooo it :thumb:

hey man thats cool i was just curious :thumb:

LMAO TrailerTrash!! I wouldn't go that far and say Im out of my mind. I think a better term would be "overly creative mind"....lol. There are a lot of amazing artists out there and they come up with some crazy / insane ideas all the time. I think I just pushed the envelope a little more with this project. :thumb:

Im still not hand engraving on the glass. Personally, I think it would look tacky. I do enjoy engraving on glass though. :D
By Eg6H2D
#328461 Wow this is TRULY Amazing and Definately one of a Kind!!!! Wow!

Love it!!! Congrats! :thumb: