Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Engraved EG
#328053 Hello Civic-EG community,

I want to introduce the Civic-EG community to a "one of a kind" EG build that I've been working on over the past 3+ years. The project is called the "Engraved EG". I am the creator / designer / engraving artist of the "Engraved EG". The vehicle is a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback VX. I have always been into art and cars (Mainly Hondas) since I was a little kid, but for this "one of a kind" car project I wanted to really step out of the box and do something that no one in automotive history has ever done and fully hand engrave on an entire body of a car. Also, I am hand engraving on various aftermarket parts for the car. Once completed, the "Engraved EG" will be the "World's First Fully Hand Engraved Car". I have a big appreciation for those who have done "Sharpie Art" on cars, but I dont like to be like everyone else when It comes to artwork. Separating my art from everyone else's is what makes my hand engravings "one of a kind".

The tools Im using for the "Engraved EG" are Dremel tools and accessories. I have invested over 4,800+ hand engraving hours into this "one of a kind" EG. Once completed, around 6,000+ engraving hours will have gone into the project. Also, once the body of the car is fully hand engraved I will be taking the process even further. In addition to hand engraving on the body, bumpers, carbon fiber parts, and various car parts.....I will be adding color within the hand engravings to make the engravings "pop". After that, the car will be clear coated to help preserve the engravings and finally a clear bra protection film will be added to protect the entire car from getting rock chips and other damage while driving and transport. Since the "Engraved EG" is a Japanese car, I wanted to add a Japanese theme mixed throughout the hand engraving designs. Some of the Japanese imagery includes; Japanese characters, Kanji, and culture. Around the logos and designs Im adding various freestyle designs to fill in the empty space.

The "Engraved EG" is the largest and most extensive hand engraving project I have ever taken on. My goal with this project is to create multiple WORLD RECORDS and gain 1 MILLION "Engraved EG" fans. A lot of you may think that getting 1 million fans sounds a little crazy for a Honda EG, but isn't hand engraving on an entire EG kinda crazy too??? ;) Please feel free to visit the "Engraved EG" facebook fan page for continuous updates with the project. Help me bring this "one of a kind" EG to an entirely new level. I would love to hear your comments or any ideas you may have. I will also be updating this thread with the cars progress as often as I can.

I couldn't have gotten this far with the "Engraved EG" project without the amazing support from the "Engraved EG" fans. Thank you for the support Civic-EG. Please note: the purpose of this thread is to show my love for Hondas, my hand engravings, and all aspects of this "one of a kind" build. Not to promote any of the Logos / Companies that appear on the vehicle. Thank you.

"Engraved EG" facebook fan page

https://www.facebook.com/EngravedEg

Modification List (Currently)

Drivetrain:

- Custom Lightweight Flywheel
- Custom 6 Puck Racing Cluth / Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
- Skunk2 Racing: Dual Bend Short Throw Shifter
- Password JDM: Hardened Shift Linkage Bushing Kit
- GSR Axles

Engine:

- B18C1 Motor with (B16 Pistons)
- B18C1 Transmission
- ITR Valve Cover (FUlly Hand Engraved)
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover
- Password JDM: Billet Aluminum Theft Proof Oil Cap
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake (Fully Hand Engraved / Not Installed)
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber Velocity Stack
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber Cooling Plate
- Skunk2 Racing: Black Series Pro Series Intake Manifold
- AEM: Dual Chamber Cold Air Intake with Dry Flow Filter (Currently on EG)
- AEM: Pre Filter
- DC Sports: 4 to 1 Polished Headers
- NGK: Spark Plug Wires
- NGK: Iridium IX Spark Plugs
- Password JDM: Fender Washer Kit
- Password JDM: Magnetic Oil and Trans Drain Plugs
- Password JDM: Odyssey Battery Relocator (Fully Hand Engraved / Not Installed)
- 2.25" Exhaust Piping (Magnaflow Muffler and Resinator)

Exterior:

- JDM Headlights
- JDM Tail Lights
- Password JDM: Amber Corners
- Password JDM: JDM Spec Replacement Fenders
- Password JDM: Amber Fender Markers
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber Fog Light Covers (Not Installed)
- SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood (Fully Hand Engraved)
- SEIBON Carbon: Carbon Fiber Duckbill Rear Spoiler (FUlly Hand Engraved)
- SEIBON Carbon: Carbon Fiber Hatch (Fully Hand Engraved)
- SEIBON Carbon: MG-Style Carbon Fiber Side Skirts (Not Hand Engraved Yet / Installed)
- SEIBON Carbon: SP-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip (Not Hand Engraved Yet / Not Installed)
- AeroCatch Flush Mount Locking Hood Latches
- Password JDM: Front Tow Hook (Fully Hand Engraved / Not Installed)
- Password JDM: Rear Tow Hook (Fully Hand Engraved / Not Installed)

Interior

- Momo Steering Wheel (320mm)
- Password JDM: 4" Shift Lever Extension (10x1.5mm Thread Pitch)
- Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber Fuel Pump Cover (Fully Hand Engraved)
- Skunk2 Racing: Gunmetal Weighted Shift Knob (400 grams)
- Password JDM: Leather Shift Boot with Red Stitching
- Broadway Mirror
- Stock Seats (Currently)

Suspension and Chassis:

- Password JDM: 3 Point Front Strut Tower Bar (Fully Hand Engraved / Not Installed)
- DC Sports: Gunmetal CS2 Front Strut Tower Bar (Not Installed)
- Password JDM: 4 Point Rear Strut Tower Bar (Fully Hand Engraved / Installed)
- BWR (BlackWorks Racing): Billet Aluminum (Black Anodized) Rear Subframe Brace (Not Installed)
- BWR (BlackWorks Racing): Billet Aluminum (Polished) Rear Lower Control Arms (Not Installed)
- BWR (BlackWorks Racing): Billet Aluminum (Polished) Rear Lower Tie Bar (Not Installed)
- Lowering Springs
- Adjustable Shocks

Wheels and Brakes

- 16x7 5Zigen DIV3's +38 Offset (Painted Orange for SEMA Show 2012 / New wheels coming soon....)
- 15x8 Gram Lights 57DR (Track Spec) +35 Offset (Championship White & Sunlight Silver)
- Project Mu: NS400 Brake Pads (Not Installed)
- Stock Rotors (Currently)

Tires:

- Hankook Ventus V2 Concept (205/45/16)

The first few images are some of the most recent photos of the "Engraved EG". I will be sharing images from start to finish (in sequential order) of the "Engraved EG" project to Civic-EG and its members. I will also be updating this thread as often as I can. The most recent photos and info will be on the last pages of the thread. Thank you Civic-EG. I'm looking forward to seeing the comments and opinions that anyone would like to share.

Some (Current Photos) of the "Engraved EG":

The "Engraved EG" visiting HPD (Honda Performance Development Headquarters (Valencia, CA)

The "Engraved EG" visiting a new Fire Station

The "Engraved EG" at the AE Performance Monthly car meet (Valencia, CA)

AE Performance monthly car meet (Valencia, CA)

Now, let's start from the beginning.........

I picked up this 1992 Honda Civic VX Hatchback back in January 2010. It wasn't in too bad of shape. Had quite a few door dents and dings but nothing major. Im not a big fan of the Aztec green color but I guess I couldn't be that picky, considering all of the work I knew that I had ahead of me for this project. Radiator support was a little tweaked and so was one of the sides of the front bumper support. The EG came with a SOHC VTEC motor, which ran perfectly and the car drove straight and true :). The mesh wheels the EG came with weren't bad, but I changed them out the next week. lol.

Front bumper :(:
Some chips in the paint and looks like this bumper may have been red at one time. Headlight brackets were broken and barely hangin on. lol. Same with the corners. Hood needing some adjustments as well.

A little driver side door damage:

Paint chips on the rear bumper and dents on the hatch:

320mm Momo Steering Wheel:
This steering wheel feels great while driving, but it has definitely seen better days. lol. Gonna have to replace it sometime. The steering column plastic casing is also broken.

Last edited by Engraved EG on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By rootbeer_eg
#328057 this has to be the one of the nicest cars on this forum
SO BADASS :woot: :woot: :woot:
By MG6
#328058 nice touch. How many hours did it taake
By Engraved EG
rootbeer_eg wrote:this has to be the one of the nicest cars on this forum
SO BADASS :woot: :woot: :woot:

Thank you for the compliment. I do appreciate it very much, but I wouldn't say its one of the nicest cars on this forum. There are a lot of nice cars here. I do take pride in my engraving work though. :)
By Engraved EG
MG6 wrote:nice touch. How many hours did it taake

Thank you. :) Currently, I have invested over 4,800+ hand engraving hours into the project in a course of 3+ years. Roughly 6,000+ engraving hours will have gone into the project once its complete.
By Gustavo
#328070 Saw this a couple weeks ago on facebook. Sick car bro. Props on sticking to ur goal of finishing the whole engraving on the hatch. :thumb:
By Engraved EG
Gustavo wrote:Saw this a couple weeks ago on facebook. Sick car bro. Props on sticking to ur goal of finishing the whole engraving on the hatch. :thumb:

Thank you for the compliment Gustavo. This project has been a long journey but I think it will be worth it in the end. :)
By MG6
Engraved EG wrote:
MG6 wrote:nice touch. How many hours did it taake

Thank you. :) Currently, I have invested over 4,800+ hand engraving hours into the project in a course of 3+ years. Roughly 6,000+ engraving hours will have gone into the project once its complete.

Nice. question, are you spraying clear to protect the areas of engraving? Or is it deep enough that your bottom coat is protected already?
By Engraved EG
MG6 wrote:Nice. question, are you spraying clear to protect the areas of engraving? Or is it deep enough that your bottom coat is protected already?

Thank you MG6. The answer to your question is actually in the information at the top of this thread but I'll answer it here for you. :) The white areas that you see in the pics is actually a white polyester primer. Yes, I will be spraying clear coat to protect the engravings, but first Im going to spray all the engraved areas a specific color to make all the engravings stand out. Then all of the carbon areas will bleand with the rest of the car.
By Fada Blayne
#328083 kudos :thumb: