Post YOUR Hatchback here
By liam_derv
#327248 this is my first post so where to begin.

well. abit of back ground!

To start with I had an astra van which needed loads of work doing to it and I didn't have time, or money. I sold the van for £200 and bought a civic eg for £300 the same day.

I have big plans for this car. and any ideas what to do will be cool!
im only 18 and don't have a lot of money so things to do on a budget will be best!
thanks for taking time to read and il keep you updated on new mods!

Plans... Remove numberplate from front and get small square one for corner.
- tinted lights all round
- new interior... these seats are abit shabby and ripped.
- s2000 cluster. (saw this on a car on here and it looks pretty cool)
- engine transplant from a 1.3 to a 1.8 vtec :)
- new wheels. (I thought borbet A alloys which got ordered. but I don't think it would look decent so cancelled them) :(

any other ideas would be cool!
Liam!

Pics to follow!
By trackEG4
#327268 Welcome mate - u got a bargain for 300 quid! Looks to be in decent shape!
By FG2_Andrew
#327269 Image

Use that code to post images! Just remove the spaces. Good luck with the build
By MG6
#327287 :thumb: looks good. Welcome to the forum!
By liam_derv
#327323 Thanks guys! :)
By liam_derv
#327324 right guys. this is going to sound stupid, but is there anything I can do with the D13b2 engine to make it quicker.? I don't want to spend stupid money on things like turbo kits or anything, I just want that bit more poke.

cheers :)
By Flatland_EG
liam_derv wrote:right guys. this is going to sound stupid, but is there anything I can do with the D13b2 engine to make it quicker.? I don't want to spend stupid money on things like turbo kits or anything, I just want that bit more poke.

cheers :)

I can't say I'm familiar with the D13 but I do have a D15B7 and all I can really suggest is the basic Intake, header, and exhaust upgrades, then weight reduction like lighter wheels and interior removal and finally, but don't quote me, maybe a junk yard turbo set-up might give you a little bit extra punch until you can afford an engine swap.

Until then I'd just sit back and enjoy the awesome MPG. :D
By FG2_Andrew
#327328 Honestly if you aren't going for lots of power, the whole weight reduction thing is kinda stupid.

The BEST way for you to gain some umph without breaking the bank is to source a b7, z6, or d15b swap. Or even a y7/8. It will set you back a few hundred bucks but the gains would be much more noticeable than 5 hp from an exhaust, 5 from an intake, etc.

You figure an I/h/e will run about the same cost as a decent used swap if you buy worthwhile products.
By liam_derv
#327329 the back seats are already out, and tbh, theres no weight to the wheels that's on it now, it grips like a go-cart due to it being on Coilovers on front and stiff lowering springs on the back. so not much in the small engine range will touch it in the corners. its already has an induction kit, and an exhaust with a stupidly loud backbox. I might just go for looks rather than power. what you guys think? thanks for the input thou! :)
By liam_derv
#327331 if I was to put a turbo on the 1.3... what kit would be recommended? I cant find one anywhere. is there any that fit or is it just totally pointless?? just an idea that's all :)

thanks
By FG2_Andrew
#327360 http://6thgearadvertising.com/civic-eg/ ... 70702d810c

read that before you go any further. if you're in a similar situation that i am. i am "building" mine to be a functional, decent looking, OK power, daily driver. nothing more, nothing less.

MY suggestion would be to make small steps:

1 - routine maintenance
2 - replace (in your opinion) your least favorite part of your car
3 - replace your second least favorite part..
4 -....

so on and so forth. buy some decent parts, don't break your bank! but don't buy ebay junk either.
By liam_derv
EH2_andy wrote:http://6thgearadvertising.com/civic-eg/viewtopic.php?p=165571&sid=20a77c6bb8d86541feb8de70702d810c

read that before you go any further. if you're in a similar situation that i am. i am "building" mine to be a functional, decent looking, OK power, daily driver. nothing more, nothing less.

MY suggestion would be to make small steps:

1 - routine maintenance
2 - replace (in your opinion) your least favorite part of your car
3 - replace your second least favorite part..
4 -....

so on and so forth. buy some decent parts, don't break your bank! but don't buy ebay junk either.

Thanks pal! il look down that thread.

cheers for the input!
and yeah, that's basically what I want. :)
By liam_derv
#327381 *update*

Ordered a square numberplate for front of car to put on corner of bumper, so took other one off with that stupid black plastic plate and stuck the numberplate in windscreen for now :)

:) just a small update. but hey ho. an update is an update :)
By liam_derv
#327531 Image

:) small plate! just need black plastic piece removing from bumper :)