Post YOUR Hatchback here
By poorman type-r
#326624 So I never thought the b8 engine would be this slow. I mean I feel I am wasting more gas with the b8 than if I would swap in a b16.... Idk, just saying, I can barely get up hills with this motor.

Pics coming tomorrow. :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#326625 Pics didn't upload like I thought they would.. I will put them on tomorrow.
By FG2_Andrew
#326633 B8's are really only worthwhile on long stretches of flat highway.
By poorman type-r
#326645 Image

By MG6
#326695 see that you made the purchase. Contrast and the fun begins. :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#326861 Well bad news. :cry:

The motor took a shit today. Over-heated and won't start now. I have had it for 4 days and it's already down. I babied this thing, never shifting passed 3K rpm. Ugh!

The guy who sold it to me is getting a nice message in a minute because I am sure he knew it had a problem.

Well updates won't be coming until I get a new motor for this thing. :/, had a lot of plans that are now on hold....
By Fada Blayne
#326862 :( :thumbdown:

B20v time? 8)
By MG6
#326872 wait. Overheated? Did the gauge not spike up when it got near H?
By poorman type-r
#326877 Might just do b16 for now.

The needle was rising towards H, but I have no insurance on the car, it was raining hard and I would have no other way to get it home so I had to drive it home. I pulled over 4 times in 8 miles to let it cool down and to try and get it home "safely", didn't work. The car shut off as i was coming up the street to my house.
By MG6
#326879 yes, it was raining like crap here @bay area too.

did you try turning on the heat full boast to draw in the hit air? This could've help spittle but might fog up the windshield.
By poorman type-r
#326916 Yup I had it turned on full blast. Still didn't help. :thumbdown:
By poorman type-r
#327648 Replaced the head today. Found out that my fan doesn't turn in so I ran a wire to the positive terminal and grounded another to have it run when I drive. Drove for about 20 miles and the car started to over heat AGAIN! I pulled up to my house, popped the hood and the radiator hose going from the bottom of the radiator to the thermostat was completely flat... Do you guys have any idea why its doing this. :(

Need advice ASAP. Thanks guys.
By MG6
#327685 did you change the t stat yet? Also, your temp sensor needs replacement. Bleed your system again and you will be set.
By poorman type-r
#327719 Are you talking about replacing the Thermo switch? Yeah I put in a new thermostat. I am off to buy more coolant I will bleed it also.