Post YOUR Hatchback here
By thenewvessel
#326057 Just gutted the interior to spray EVERYTHING that's red, black, to get it ready for paint. Still got the door panels and dashboard to do.
Going to Plastidip just the exterior. My GF and I just did her BMW E34 and it came out quite nice, especially considering the paint only set us back $110. The entire kit was about $320 which included the spray fun, hoses, attachments, several accessories, and 3 gallons of matte black. The whole car only took 2 gallons :thumb: Those pics are listed below as well.

Thanks to gutting the car, several rust spots were revealed including an infants sized fist HOLE in the drivers side floorboard, just under the center console. Time for some rust repair and fabrication!!! :thumb:

Thought I'd add some pics of the Plastidip job we did in about 3 hours.... :thumb:

By HaydenSI
#326402 Your going to plastidip that car? WHYYYYYY That is a beautiful blue on that hatch.

BTW what kind of tip is that? it looks crazy
By thenewvessel
#326555 Nah I'm going to keep it blue but paint the interior and engine bay black since ithey're both currently red :x

The one on the civic is an OBX twin loop muffler and on the BMW is a DC tip straight piped. You can imagine how loud the 4.4L gets lol.
By thenewvessel
#326556 Just got rid of all the rusty spots on the interior, luckily nothing was underneath the paint and didnt spread. Just some surface rust that the "Rust Fix" fixed. Next gotta sand it all down, prime it, and spray it black :hehe:

Waiting on a new wheel to come in too, since mine literally broke off lol.
By thenewvessel
Civic_HatchSI wrote:What did you order for a wheel?

NGR Deep Dish Wheel with Short adapter and quick release.
The wheel itself is only $120.

I'm thinking about cancelling the order and getting a MOMO or Sparco wheel. I found a couple of them that are alot cheaper on eBay..
By Civic_HatchSI
thenewvessel wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:What did you order for a wheel?

NGR Deep Dish Wheel with Short adapter and quick release.
The wheel itself is only $120.

I'm thinking about cancelling the order and getting a MOMO or Sparco wheel. I found a couple of them that are alot cheaper on eBay..

Ya sparco and momo make some nice wheels. Did you mean nrg ? or is ngr a ebay brand?
By thenewvessel
#338876 Sorry I haven't been on the forum as of late, I've been super busy with the 2 jobs I have now.

Nothing has really changed other than the in progress DC Integra dash swap I'm planning and I'm considering swapping out my harness since it seems to have a short in every wire lol.

I'll def post progress pics :D