Post YOUR Hatchback here
By onibakagaijin
#329740 nice build up :thumb: Glad to see you got the bugs worked out too
By 92CivicSquach
bigJOE671 wrote:Like the valve cover look...I think i'm gonna paint mine white

cool, the white valve cover is cool, ive had it a few days now. I have noticed however, that it is turning like a off white/cream color. i dont mind it, actually looks kinda cool. but just thought you should know.
By 92CivicSquach
#331460 Little update. Since the LS was running so good, and i had a turbo laying around off my old GSR, I decided i would throw it on their. Ive always heard LS engines love it so i would give it a go. Here are some pictures of the install.

Now all i have to do is get with my tuner and have it dialed in. Even without being tunes, its runs pretty good. Of course, im not rodding it up and down the street right now...but it seems strong. It has been tuned before on K Pro, so getting it dialed in should be that hard.

Cosmetically i decided i did not like the hood risers so i took them off. (for sale if anyone is interested). I liked my tow hook, but sadly it did not fit with the front mount in their.

So those two things were removed. Im going to paint the car sometime within the next year or so. For now, i went ahead and purchased some plasti dip for the car. Yes, im going to do the whole car. Im curious as to how it looks in person because i have never seen one. The shit seems to peel right off, so when i am ready to paint the car for real, then i will just do that.

Thats pretty much it. I will keep posting.
By 92CivicSquach
#334300 So I plastidiped the car, and it turned out to be everything i thought it would be. It will get me by till i get a "real" paint job.
I recently purchased a GSR full car.
I wanted a few things off of it, but mainly the engine. My car already has a GSR tranny so i really did not need that. I lucked out and it did have tokico blues all the way around.
I also wanted the brake setup real bad. The Dx doesnt have big front brakes, and of course has the drum brakes in the back.
I have also purchased full black interior (except for the rear speaker panels) and plan to swap that out next. I have some RSX seats, but i hear they dont fit well in eg's due to being too tall.

So today i swapped out the front breaks for the integra breaks. I cant really tell a difference performance wise, but you can tell they are much bigger looking through the wheels so i am happy with the cosmetic advantages.

I purchased a new Moroso oil pan that i am happy about because i dont have to tap another oil pan.
Also going to take advantage of the engine being out of the car and replace the timing belt, water pump, cam shaft seals, and clutch.

Next step is to get the engine in the car with the turbo setup i have now. Also get the rear disks on the back and change the mc to integra as well.

Im really looking for some new wheels. I want 15's i think. I want the chassis to be a bit lower to the ground without having to lower the car much more.
By 92CivicSquach
#334508 Everything is attached to the gsr and ready to be dropped in. Should have this conquered by this evening. I'm using the obd2 harness is my 92. From what I understand the harness is backwards compatible and since I have a 92 vtec should even be wired for me

By 92CivicSquach
#335462 Well i got it in. But i ran into some issues. Got the engine in, started it up, tried to pull out of the garage and it wouldnt go into gear. At first i thought it was the slave cylinder. Changed, no luck. So i took the tranny out and changed the throw out bearing. Never did i think it would be a faulty clutch and pressure plate. I was wrong. After taking the tranny out 7 times and putting it back in, i decided i would order another clutch. Let me tell you, dont buy a XTD clutch. Just avoid the possible heart ache and buy a competition clutch, or exedy. I installed my competition clutch and low and behold, now i can get it into gear. So that was tonight. Tomorrow just have to put everything back together and get it to my tuner. After that, i will work on getting a "real" paint job. The plastidip has been fine for a while though. :?