Post YOUR Hatchback here
By HaydenSI
#322985 Hey guys my name is Hayden and i am 22 as of 1/1. I have been an avid honda lover since I first learned to drive. My previous cars have been 1998 Civic SI that I blew up and then traded for a 1988 Prelude SI )Fun car) After the prelude I started with the hatchback obsession by getting a 1991 Civic SI with a 1989 CRX SI somewhere along the way. After selling my 91 i picked up my 95 and I've been in love ever since.

So i picked up this gem 3 weeks ago. My plan is to run a few rounds of kemo at the body paint it back to the black it is now. I want a set of bronze rims (haven't decided a brand yet i was thinkning of Motegis) There are a few interior things i want to fix such as the 6 panel rear view. The HID kit either has to be fixed or it has to go. The fart can is hands down my first priority. It's too obnoxious for me. a 2" pipe out the back will suit me just fine.

The body its self is in great shape mine a few very minor rust spots.

Other than that I live in the mountains so I'm looking to build an all motor B16 so I can have something a little more powerful to play with.

The Honda sticker came off the day i bought it!!

Where I live it is RARE to find a hatch with the cargo cover still in it and in good shape

Engine bay needs a Makeover

Any Help on how to fix this would be much appreciated!!

By jadeydrag0117
#324059 :thumb: WOAH clean! i love this eg, seeing youve gone through 4 cars by the age of 22 lol hope you treat this one with alot of love, its really such a clean eg. :lol:
By jadeydrag0117
#324060 as for the rust, you need to do 'body work' best thing to do prob take out you rear bumper since your rust is at the corner of your quarter panel (a tricky spot) for rust i think theres spray your something you can do to get rid of it and then use some bondo to patch it up get a DA sander and sand it back to shape + paint it with primer.

if you dont know anything about sand paper grit, how to use body filler just check the forum exterior sec, look up youtube videos,

you cant just simply slap some bondo directly on your car you have to sand down the paint a little b4 you do it.

heres a link for rust to

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24
By Skillachie
#324068 That looks good man
By HaydenSI
jadeydrag0117 wrote:as for the rust, you need to do 'body work' best thing to do prob take out you rear bumper since your rust is at the corner of your quarter panel (a tricky spot) for rust i think theres spray your something you can do to get rid of it and then use some bondo to patch it up get a DA sander and sand it back to shape + paint it with primer.

if you dont know anything about sand paper grit, how to use body filler just check the forum exterior sec, look up youtube videos,

you cant just simply slap some bondo directly on your car you have to sand down the paint a little b4 you do it.

heres a link for rust to

Lol 2 of the cars were sold together and they were junk. So they don't count haha.

And yeah there was a rust spot. I just cut out the trouble spot and re welded a reshaped piece of metal in its place. I'm working on sanding the car down to metal now to look for any more rust. I'm finding it in small patches but thankfully it hasn't started to eat the metal away yet. I'll post more picture up soon.
By Punksz6
#324084 :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
HaydenSI wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:as for the rust, you need to do 'body work' best thing to do prob take out you rear bumper since your rust is at the corner of your quarter panel (a tricky spot) for rust i think theres spray your something you can do to get rid of it and then use some bondo to patch it up get a DA sander and sand it back to shape + paint it with primer.

heres a link for rust to

Lol 2 of the cars were sold together and they were junk. So they don't count haha.

And yeah there was a rust spot. I just cut out the trouble spot and re welded a reshaped piece of metal in its place. I'm working on sanding the car down to metal now to look for any more rust. I'm finding it in small patches but thankfully it hasn't started to eat the metal away yet. I'll post more picture up soon.

nice :thumb: gl with ur project dude!
By jadeydrag0117
HaydenSI wrote:

heres a link for rust to

nice :thumb: gl with ur project dude!
By Flatland_EG
#324104 I want your phone dials. :D
By HaydenSI
Flatland_EG wrote:I want your phone dials. :D

Name a price and they are yours lol
By HaydenSI
#325983 So i started working on the rust before the bad weather started coming in and my orbital broke :( so all i got done was the hood. So here it is.

Starting the sanding by hand due to orbital being broke

Sanding done

Coat 1

Coat 2

I skipped pics of coats 3-6 so this is coar 7

All sanded and done

Didn't get much done but more done than I expected with no sander.
By MG6
#325989 nice. I see you are rocking the old school crx rims at the front. :thumb:
By HaydenSI
#325991 So this may sound crazy but after sanding the front end and scratching the clear up to me it looked like a chalk board. And I LOVED the look. It was different. So i got an idea.

Im going to lay a flat black paint on maybe just the hood for now to see how it looks and drawing on it with a "loose chalk" (basically chalk that draws on smooth surfaces easily) and erasing it to get some cool chalboard looking effects and then clear coating over it.

My original concern was the chalk being dusty and not letting the primer stick. So i tested it out tonight in my apartment on a small piece of scrap aluminum and the clear is settling now and so far so good. I'm going to put it through some stress and and see how it stands up before i do it full scale.
By HaydenSI
MG6 wrote:nice. I see you are rocking the old school crx rims at the front. :thumb:

Yeah, To be honest I hated them at first. But they are starting to grow on me. I'm still thinking about scrapping them though.
By MG6
#325995 cool idea on the chalk. There are chalk markers. Try looking them up as it is a liquid form and dry like markers.