Post YOUR Hatchback here
By MG6
HaydenSI wrote:
MG6 wrote:nice. I see you are rocking the old school crx rims at the front. :thumb:

Yeah, To be honest I hated them at first. But they are starting to grow on me. I'm still thinking about scrapping them though.

I don't blame you.. But it gives the retro look to the car.
By HaydenSI
#6907649 Wow. It's been a LONG time since I've been on the forum or updated this thread. Actually. I don't think I have ever updated this thread.

Well it's time to start updating, slowly, but surely. After a long string of very very unfortunate circumstances the work that I had planned to do to the car came to a very quick stop and the health of the car quickly went downhill. It was a rapid succession of things going wrong and failing on me or just flat out not going as planned.

Anyways my life is finally back in order, and things have settled down so it is time to get to working on this car that I have grown to love over the past 4 years.

Alright so here goes the long list of things that have gone wrong with the car and some things that have gone right..... Starting from where I left off

There was a good bit of rust on the car. There was a lot on the hood and since I would not be putting a new hood on until the rest of the body work was done I decided to get the rust off the existing hood and primer it for the time being.

those 2 bare metal spots are how far the rust had gone along with some small spots here and there.

This was the final product. I quite like the look of primer hoods :?

Next I did the fender. I do not have any photos of that but the fender itself was not dented or bent, just a little rusted. I fixed that as well as some other small body panels I could find.

After that I decided I hated the clock rims, so I pulled them off and got something a little larger and wider (finding tires for these rims are a pain in the ass. I had to just buy 3 sets last time I needed some since they wear out so fast and are so damn hard to get)

From there I ran into some personal problems and had to stop working on the car for a while. I think it was about 6 months when the weather tuned to this which prevented me from working on the car for another few months.

At this point I am about 8 months since I changed the rims and I am itching to work on the car. I start to notice the car is shaking like a mad man at speed so I start tearing the rear end apart to find the culprit. Found it.

I changed the part out with something of better quality. That was about 2.5 years ago. As of now the Megan Camber arm is rusting out and starting to ride like shit. I have ordered a new part that I think will hold up better.

so the weather is nice and things are on the up and up right? not exactly. This happened to my Daily and needed to be tended to asap.

Okay finally we have that fixed it's been a few months. it's time to start working on this damn car.

Welcome to my own personal hell. The new block I put in it had bad piston rings and the PCV was shit. So I pull the motor and get the bottom end rebuilt. Great. Fantastic. NOW it's time to upgrade this damn car.

Right... Right.....

No. I had to leave town for work for 2 months and would not be able to touch the car. BUT the car was in good enough condition to take me 6 hours north for work near the mountains of Virginia and I have to say I had an absolute blast on those mountain roads for those 2 months.... Until......

I bottomed the car out and destroyed the exhaust a day before I am to leave back home. Now I have to drive back home with an open downpipe.... or jerry rig the thing.

Don't worry once I got back home I have a custom exhaust built and they built in in a way that when I swap to my new motor the only thing they will have to do is swap to a new downpipe that fits the rest of the system, and since they had a car just like mine with the motor I am getting sitting in the lot for reference they went ahead and built the downpipe fo free. How nice of them.

Okay so we are back home, Just spent 500$ on a custom made very high quality exhaust from a reputable shop. Now we can work on the car??? yeah???? Go fuck yourself

Someone hit and run my car while I was asleep. I parked it in the cul-de-sac out of the way of traffic for i dont remember why and this happens... Now more stuff to fix. BUT WAIT before I can even fix that stuff what happens??

that's right. Timing belt snaps while I am on my way to work. and to top it off the rear drum cylinder failed hard leaking all of my brake fluid out onto the highway. To major failures at once... Worry not though I have become well versed in fixing this cursed car.

Ran into a few small hiccups and needed to take it to the shop. They did the brake system for me (rebuild of the entire front and rear brake sets for 700$ not bad. They let me supply my own parts thank god.)

Okay so the car runs, the brakes work, the body needs love. Now we can start working on the car.... Right?!?!?!?!

Nope. Remember that problem with the oil in the cylinders?? It came back. With a vengeance and the clutch had a complete failure. As in I was driving home from my grandmas with my girlfriend and niece in the car, rolling from a stop light in first, hear a loud shredding noise, and the car won't shift gears. That was 2 months ago.

So where am I at right now? I had to do a few things to my motorcycle (my only vehicle besides my civic) but those are done. Now I have ordered a B16 from HMotors with the transmission, mounts, ecu, all that jazz. Literally everything I need to do the swap.

I found a set of Tein Super Steets on craigslist that I going to check out on Sunday. If they are in good shape I will be picking them up.

I still need to order a new drivers side door, Rear quarter panel, Hood, Front and rear bumper, and a full lip kit (front, back, sides) off password JDM.

My current project is rust removal. I stripped the entire interior and started working on the floor of the car.

BEFORE Image

AFTER Image

I ordered a new mold fitted carped with Mass backing from stockinteriors.com as well as a dynamat kit off amazon. I know dynamat add weight but I am not concerned about weight that much, I want a quiet ride. That will be my project over the next 2-3 weeks. Getting the rest removed from the floor of the car and patching any rust holes, Painting the floors to prevent future rust, dynamat, new carpet, and installing the interior pieces back in.

Hmotors said it will be a few weeks for the motor which is fine as it gives me time to prep other things before the swap.

Anyways I know that's a huge post but I had 4 years of updating to do. I know there are some small things I did not add (like adding rear speakers and upgrading the sound system entirely) and some stuff I may have missed but it's not important at this point. I am putting my head down and getting this car finished and to the point where that I had intended 4 years ago. I have brought this car back from the dead a handful of times now, I think it's time to see it get a proper rebuild.
By TrailerTrash
#6907650 Welcome back! Long crazy story dude :lol:

Thats alot to go through but im sure you learned alot along the journey. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: