Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Mr Shickadance
#321397 Newish to the site but not new to Hondas. Figured I might as well post up das beast

Honda roots
-93 integra gs 4door - Blew up
-94 integra gsr 2door - Sold motor, Currently using transmission, bodys gone
-93 civic cx ls/vtec - Sold
-95 civic si h2b - Daily driven

Day 1

Engine/drivetrain:
Stock Jdm H22a
Stock ecu
Logic H2B headers
Full thermal exhaust
usdm gsr transmission
QSD H2B kit
Short shifter
Balance shaft delete
Fidanza flywheel
Exedy clutch
Omni clutch master cylinder
H23 manual tensioner

Suspension:
Skunk2 adjustable coilovers
No name chasis bars
Integra gsr steering rack/knuckles/front and rear disc brakes

Exterior:
lexus pearl paint
shaved doors/body
knock off rota slipstreams
one piece headlights
cf duckbill wing thing
ebay tail lights

Interior:
Stock Prelude recaro seats on gsr rails
DC2 integra black dash and CC
DC2 integra black carpet
No headliner or back seats (1/2 stripped)
Last edited by Mr Shickadance on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Mr Shickadance
#321399 So heres some of its history...
I picked up the shell for about a grand while I still had my integra gsr because the integras rust was so bad I just wanted to get rid of it. So I swapped the b18c and transmission into the hatch and thus the legend was born. The motor and transmission had about 400,000 miles on it, so I sold the motor out of the hatch to my friend but kept the transmission, and is going on half a million miles believe it or not with no grinds or pops or anything. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHIT!@!@@@!@

Anyways, I sold the motor and bought an H22 from hmotorsonline and swapped her straight in with a QSD H2B kit. I pulled my gsr running motor the day before my bday, and had the h22 up and running the day after my bday. If your considering H2B, go for it. The swap sounds harder than it is.

ENOUGH! PICS!

Shell

No engine, transmission, dash, alll out!

GSR for about a year (took the pic to show a friend how good my rad holds fluid)

SLAMMED

Motor about to come out. All tagged up
By Mr Shickadance
#321400 Motor out in a record breaking hour and a half.
B series is too easy...

H22 drop off next day!

Sitting in the engine bay looking at the old and new motors

H22 block grind
By Mr Shickadance
#321401 Next day 8am start

H2B put together

Engine going in. If you go H2b, get ready to put the motor in and out a few times. I pulled the motor 3 times until i was happy with the frame rail clearance and all that jazz. And youll prob need friends to help angle it in there, thats what she said. had to.

by 6pm that same day we had it mounted and could get the hoist out of there

Getting the last of the wiring done

10pm Up and running!
By Mr Shickadance
bigJOE671 wrote::welcome:

I thought about going H2B...but haven't had a plan set it stone.

nice, i'd totally recommend it, but there are somethings to look out for in an EG.

Heres one that i literally just fixed tonight.

If you have to remove the balancer shaft and all that (depending on the build) you NEED to get another timing belt alignment washer from honda. 4$ to keep you valves and pistons from fighting. without it or the balancer pulley the timing belt walks its way into the timing cover and youll end up with a cubic foot of timing belt powder like this at the bottom

Once you get all the little tweaks right though its a quick ass motor.
maybe too quick
By Uknterror
#321592 Nice! Which h2b kit did you go with? Mine should be here tomorrow or the day after. I was reading the QSD instructions that were emailed too me and they look very poor haha. I thought about replacing the poor photos with my own to help them out.
By Mr Shickadance
Uknterror wrote:Nice! Which h2b kit did you go with? Mine should be here tomorrow or the day after. I was reading the QSD instructions that were emailed too me and they look very poor haha. I thought about replacing the poor photos with my own to help them out.

I went with the qsd because it keeps the stock mounting point for the transmission and axles and all that. Remember to get that washer from honda to align the timing belt on the crank gear! if you go qsd youll also need the balance shaft removal kit.

On a side note my clutch is gone so my motor has to come out again bleh
By Eg6H2D
#321823 Not bad! I dont think there is an H2B hatch on this site. lol. well i really havent seen or recall seeing one.

:thumb:
By Mr Shickadance
blk92hb wrote:why did you have to grind the block??

kind of hard to explain but if you look on the back of a gsr (not sure about ls) block exactly where i grinded on the h22, you'll see that the block is actually indented in about a half of an inch to make room for the meeting of the intermediate shaft with the driverside axle. The h22 is pretty much a perfect square, so the kit has a bracket for the intermediate axel to bolt to, and you need to make even more room for the intermediate cv joint. I had to vertically grind down an oil pan bolt in half to give you an idea of how much metal actually has to come off, and my axles BARELY fit without touching. That part is kind of scary.
By TrailerTrash
#321898 that doesnt sound good at all :shock:
By Mr Shickadance
#321899 yeah, i can take off more metal, and i think the kit calls for it, but i just wanted to grind a minimal amount of block off.
By HeikDiesel
#321900 Nice work. I had a f2b hatch in 2008. Fun car
By onibakagaijin
#321903 Very nice and hope your new speed didn't get you into too much trouble