Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Mr Shickadance
TrailerTrash wrote:if im not mistaken thats called clutch "chatter". my XTD did it pretty dam bad during breakin

yeah the more i read about it, the more normal it seems. someone i talked to said that all those style clutches do that, but does yours engage smoothly now? Or does it have some chatter still?
By TrailerTrash
#323822 i have like 15,000 miles on the clutch and it still chatters but not half as bad. just mildly. i had worn out stock motor mounts on the car when i first installed the clutch and when it would chatter it would shake very violently i was afraid something would break so i got a set of Innovatives to sturdy things up a bit
By Mr Shickadance
#324331 So i took apart the gsr transmission and noticed that all the aluminum that was floating around in the diff was actually from the webbing on the driver side of the diff. Im able to take the spider gear in the differential and wobble it wayyy too much, which would allow the teeth that mate to the mainshaft wobble inside the transmission, allowing it to then chew at the bell housing. I believe this is because i didnt grind enough metal off the back of the h22, causing the intermediate shaft to stress the diff at a bad angle. I hate to say it but this ls tranny is bs and i want my gsr gearing back. Can I use the Ls diff, and gsr gearing? or would i need the ls mainshaft, ls diff, gsr gears? what about the gsr counter shaft? Any help would be appreciated.

TL;DR
-have ls and gsr full trannys
-gsr housing and diff are shot
-want to use gsr gears in ls

heres a pic of what got chewed up in the housing.
By Mr Shickadance
#324342 From what i could find so far my plan is...

-Gsr mainshaft and Gsr gears
-Ls countershaft and Gsr gears
-Ls differential and Ls ring gear

sooo will this work? I need some b series transmission gurus here
By Mr Shickadance
#328423 Forgot to update the past few months.
Picking up where I left off, I ended up buying a 2001 integra ls transmission, swapping my gsr 1,2,3 and 4th gears and kept the LS 5th gear for gas milage/stealth mode near cops.

It's def not perfect though, it likes to slide out of 2nd and 4th gear when im not lightly holding it in gear, when I'm neither accelerating nor decelerating. If im on the gas it stays in, engine braking it stays in, as well as just holding the shifter.

Next plan for this summer is to get a 95-2000 manual crv and go awd in the hatch, the question I hope someone can answer is: Can I use my 96 Jdm h22, qsd h2b kit, and the crv awd manual transmission? I recall someone gsr swapping into the crv so i dont know why it wouldn't bolt up to the h2b kit? Right now I'm researching how to swap the drivetrain and it doesn't seem outrageously difficult. Need some more practice with the welder though.

Thoughts?
By Fada Blayne
#328447 Ive actually considered doing an H2B crv, I think it would be pretty cool. It should work :)

Best of luck with the hatch! :thumb:
By Mr Shickadance
#328656 Because my Gsr diff was a goner, I used the Ls diff, Ls ring gear, Ls counter shaft, and Ls 5th gear. Then used the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears out of the Gsr, and the whole Gsr mainshaft in the Ls tranny housing.

Here is the new countershaft setup laid out

Ls countershaft with gsr 1-4th and ls 5th gears assembled

extras :p

Seem familiar?