Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EG6_rugby
#319145 whats up guys,

picked this bad boy about a month ago. it was in sad shape. When i say sad shape I mean she was just left to way side. She had the sickness, dirty, trash all over the inside, all 4 tired were bad, claimed it had ac, but it was ghetto rigged,the whole process of buying this car was horrible. someone needs to teach these guys out here how to perform a busniesses transaction.

With the cons out the way the positve

Specs:
- Canadian Model
-102,000 on body
- B16A VTEC Engine (approx 5000 miles, so they claim, run strong as hell)
- LSD Manual Transmission
- NRG Quick Release Steering Wheel
- NRG Steering Competition Wheel (steering wheel will be replaced)
- Tenzo R Shift Knob (garbage)
- Tokiko Shocks
- Skunk 2 Coilovers
- JSPL 15' Drag Concept Rims (white) (will be selling)
- Newly replaced driveshafts & CB Boots
- New Corner Lights (in box) (never got them/replacing all lights)
- New NRG Bumper Clips
- Short Ram Intake
- Pioneer 5 1/2 and 6/9 Speakers (wired back in)
- Interior Is Super Clean and Complete! (is now)- Clutch Delete (no need to hold clutch to start car)
- Antenna Delete
- Rear Winshield Wiper Delete
- Carbon Fiber Hood (needs to be re cleared)- Ice Cold Aircon (will be once im done)
- Tailgate! (Not sure why this is a spec since it is a hatcjback, unless it was an optional part?) - JDM look
- NO RUST! (AMEN AMEN AMEN)

I am also no mechanic, but i can read the sh*t out forums. i rather do the work myself then pay so guy to do it. Then i have nobody to blame but myself if i mess up.

well anyway enjoy the pics :D

Engine shot after I fixed the Sickness and replaced the battery with a yellow top. Had to jump the car when i picked it up, alternator works fine, crap battery. I had to clean the fast idle valve and she idles pretty now. the guys i bought it from seemed shocked that it only took me three hours to trouble shoot between the IACV/FICV and to see if there were vaccum leaks..

Last edited by EG6_rugby on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 26 times in total.
By EG6_rugby
#319146 Next order of work was A/C. Charged it up was blowing cold as hell.. later discovered small leak. Took it to the shop and found out more then i wanted to know.

-d series compressor hooked up to b series bracket. only two bolts held it on. Thank god didnt fall off

-possible wrong condesor since they used thread lock on it.. new one ordered be here tuesday

-no leaks anywhere else so so far 178 bucks for shop to do work once i get my new condensor.

-ordered CRV bracket. bad boy bolted right up, did have issues with stock tourqe mount. would not line up. Read it didnt really cause issues not having it. Any body care to chime in on that matter????

new bracket

new one next to old p30 bracket
By EG6_rugby
#319147 The old fender on the driver side was messed up, so after a pains tacking search and find for replaceent fenders... Amazon came to my rescue.. now keep in mind I am in Guam and shipping here is like pulling teeth. I have a USPS address and people still advoid me like a plauge any way here are some shots of me replacing them. PS: those mofos are sharp as SH*T. I have cut my hand on those things more time then i care to remember

old fender

fender off. dirty but no rust

new one one. little fitment issue had to dremmel out the last hole a little to get the clip in

finished with driver side

I did the passanger side as well but guess i didnt take any pics...

I had to replace the side mirrors. I didnt buy the spoon style ones becasue it would cost to much to get shipped so once again Amazon to the resuce

One of the old mirrors.

New one
By EG6_rugby
#319148 Nothing i hate more then being in a car with no radio, and of course this one didnt have a deck in. No promblem had a spare in the garage. Well the wiring harness was missing so i had to hard wire this in. PAIN IN THE A$$. I have big hands and some of thiese wires were short to begin with.

the mess

SLowly crimping them in

All done, taping the wires together

Currently running a 1ohm massive audio d1200 and bass remote bought on Aug 2 So it 2 months old-$338
10in sub and box (cant remember brand either JL or Rockford) estimate price $200
I scored whole package for $250 from kid i work with..
By jadeydrag0117
#319150 cool! looks like you have a ways to go, alot more work.

..welcome to the forumm =)
By EG6_rugby
#319152 This is how she sits now..

my HF in the back ground with 15in rotas

HF engne shot

Plans:

Tint
Just ordered Mud guards/side maker light w/ wiring harness from ICB Motorsports
A/C finished up
paint job. dont know what i want to do with this one..
some new wheels.
simple wire tuck
new seats.

This should last till i get back state side
By EG6_rugby
jadeydrag0117 wrote:cool! looks like you have a ways to go, alot more work.

..welcome to the forumm =)

Thanks man, ive actually been reading this fourm for awhile, just decided to start posting to it. yea alot more work.... i have saying i used to tell my old GF'S when they thought i had other girls around

"If you go looking for SH*T you will find SH*t"

I should listen to my own sayings..lots of nick nack stuff to deal wit. Time for trip to honda for oem parts
By TrailerTrash
#319173 nice progress on the hatch

love the ITB rex :hehe:
By EG6_rugby
TrailerTrash wrote:nice progress on the hatch

love the ITB rex :hehe:

Thank man.. not to many crx's out here left. maybe 3-4... im selling it when i get back.. they kid offered to let me keep the rotas on it, but im no dick and he was giving me my asking price so i told him he could keep them on there..
By bigJOE671
#319687 Nice progress on the Civic :thumb:

Buying the A/C bracket from Hmotorsonline is cheaper, not to sure about the shipping to Guam.

Glad to see a Civic on Guam.

USAF or USN?
By EG6_rugby
bigJOE671 wrote:Nice progress on the Civic :thumb:

Buying the A/C bracket from Hmotorsonline is cheaper, not to sure about the shipping to Guam.

Glad to see a Civic on Guam.

USAF or USN?

True it was cheaper on hmmotors but shipping was better on amazon. Shipping to Guam has a been a big pain in my A$$.....

Neither I'm in the coast guard
By SCREECHO
#320007 I would solder and heat shrink your electrical connectors.
Its not uncommon for the solderless connectors to have a wire jiggle out the connector.
See the people that have a radio they have to tap the dash a certain way to make it work. thats what its caused by 90% of the time.
By FG2_Andrew
#320011 Nah, if he did his crimps correctly, he's fine. I've been doing mine the same way for years.
By EG6_rugby
#320012 Yea I woulda soldered them if the were longer. 75% of the wires were really short plus I did spend a lot of time re crimping them cause they would fall out b4 I was done.. Took a lot of shock top and paicients to get the shit done. Might need some ac in the garage after that
By brandoff88
EH2_andy wrote:Nah, if he did his crimps correctly, he's fine. I've been doing mine the same way for years.

very true, did it on mine, almost 2 years ago and no problems yet :thumb: